Changes vs Geelong | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Geelong

In - Dusty, Soldo, Ross
Out- Cotch, Balta, Clarke,

I would swap Titch for MJ or Stack but I can't see more than three changes. Dusty, Shai and Titch have been playing mainly forward so I think we need an extra Mid. Ross would be the best option out of the available one's. Cotch is a massive out.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Out... Personnel
In .... System + Dustin

Let's hope it's one of those season defining victories. Missing key players, rank underdog, away game;)

Reactions: 5 users
No Cotchin, No Balta, possibly no Tarrant. Would be huge if we got up.

Reactions: 1 users
In Miller(second ruck) Dusty MJr Ross(i would play RCD personally but oh well)
Out Balta Cotch Clark Edwards(sub)

How much of a downgrade would Miller be as a second ruck compared to Balta?

In Miller(second ruck) Dusty MJr Ross(i would play RCD personally but oh well)
Out Balta Cotch Clark Edwards(sub)

How much of a downgrade would Miller be as a second ruck compared to Balta?

No way Miller plays as 2nd ruck. He hasn't been playing there in the 2's. He'll be in for Tarrant or playing on Sunday in the 2's.

Replacing Balta as forward / ruck will either be Soldo or Ryan.

Reactions: 2 users
Out: Balta Cotchin
In: Soldo Martin

Hearing Peter Burge today it’s looking very likely that Tarrant gets up.

• Wow
Out... Personnel
In .... System + Dustin

Let's hope it's one of those season defining victories. Missing key players, rank underdog, away game;)
Have to do more with our entries into F50.

We have to get ‘bang for our buck’ otherwise it could be season over.

That’s how important this game is.

AFL average is 49%

Can’t remember which team blue that out of the water the round just pass with a 75%.

This year has been a real struggle for us. We have made some of our wins too close for comfort by not making most of our opportunities inside our forward line.

True that most of it is the way we play but we don’t seem to have adjusted to our personnel changing by ageing from our dominant period 17-20).

I don’t know if you line up the stats with the players who have played forward in 22 and the miss shots from within range ( say under 25 metres ), OOB etc compared to the other top 7 sides in the 8 at the moment.

Teams getting run ons is not just affecting us but across the AFL more so this year. With the 666 rule, the inability to have that extra in the back half, has really highlighted this fact. We are talking about more than 6 goals plus.

We can’t allow a run on such as that against Hawkins & Cameron on Saturday.

Our contested and clearance game which isn’t our ‘one wood’ was on display against Carlton and will need to be on display again against the Geelong if we have any chance minus Cotchin.

Prestia is so important to our clearance and contested work and showed it against the Blues.

If Dangerfield returns we lose Cotchin but we get their ‘nemesis’ Dusty to hopefully terrorise them again.

Can’t wait for Saturday’s game.

Last edited:
Wasn't impressed with the cats win against the eagle's. I don't think we should fear anything herd bunch of excuses from Scott why the game was so close.

Out: Balta Cotchin
In: Soldo Martin

Hearing Peter Burge today it’s looking very likely that Tarrant gets up.
Soldo must come in.
Both ruckmen need to compete with Shovekins when there’s a ball up or boundary throw in deep in their forward line to stop him scoring easy goals which he’s prone to do

Soldo must come in.
Both ruckmen need to compete with Shovekins when there’s a ball up or boundary throw in deep in their forward line to stop him scoring easy goals which he’s prone to do
If Ivan does come in he should climb all over that arseholes calves at throw ins.
About time Hawkins was squared up on for his years of 'clumsiness'!

Reactions: 2 users
this is a huge selection decision
and that's not giving the Cats credit
it's about putting us in the frame to move forward with intent this season

besides the obvious outs and ins - Balta Cotch for Dusty Soldo / Miller

Clarke may be rested ? Sheds the sub?

Ross had a ripping game in the 2s
George will be hungry
MRJ could be useful

i reckon it's a tough one

My best guess is.....

Ross to replace Cotchin
Martin to replace Clarke
Soldo to replace Balta

Miller will replace Tarrant if he doesn't get up. I'm presuming Edwards and Lambert get up.
MRJ could stay medi-sub given he got a full game in the VFL on Sunday. Maybe Clarke.

Like to see Soldo play with a little bit of a meaner streak. He has the strength to legitimately cause some damage. A page out of Nanks book perhaps?

In Martin Miller MRJ and Stack.
Out Balta Cotchin Edwards and Tarrant.

B Broad Grimes Miller
HB Baker Vlastuin Rioli D,
C Macintosh Short Pickett
HF Stack Gibcus Bolton
F Clarke Lynch Riewoldt
R Nankervis Martin Prestia
I/C Graham Lambert Ralphsmith Rioli M Jr.
Sub Edwards.
Tigers by 15pts.

Reactions: 1 user
A lot suggesting 4 or 5 changes.

We don't make that when losing, let alone when won 6 from 7.

I Tarrant plays (looks likely) it will be the mandatory injury changes so maybe 2. 3 at most.

Reactions: 6 users