Changes vs Geelong | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Geelong

Have to do more with our entries into F50.

We have to get ‘bang for our buck’ otherwise it could be season over.

That’s how important this game is.

AFL average is 49%

Can’t remember which team blue that out of the water the round just pass with a 75%.

This year has been a real struggle for us. We have made some of our wins too close for comfort by not making most of our opportunities inside our forward line.

True that most of it is the way we play but we don’t seem to have adjusted to our personnel changing by ageing from our dominant period 17-20).

I don’t know if you line up the stats with the players who have played forward in 22 and the miss shots from within range ( say under 25 metres ), OOB etc compared to the other top 7 sides in the 8 at the moment.

Teams getting run ons is not just affecting us but across the AFL more so this year. With the 666 rule, the inability to have that extra in the back half, has really highlighted this fact. We are talking about more than 6 goals plus.

We can’t allow a run on such as that against Hawkins & Cameron on Saturday.

Our contested and clearance game which isn’t our ‘one wood’ was on display against Carlton and will need to be on display again against the Geelong if we have any chance minus Cotchin.

Prestia is so important to our clearance and contested work and showed it against the Blues.

If Dangerfield returns we lose Cotchin but we get their ‘nemesis’ Dusty to hopefully terrorise them again.

Can’t wait for Saturday’s game.

Nah - While it was off last week, Our ball movement and scoring has been a strength all year.

Currently 3rd in the AFL for both goals and scoring per inside 50.

It's been allowing goals that has been the problem. That is starting to improve though.

Reactions: 1 users
In Martin Miller MRJ and Stack.
Out Balta Cotchin Edwards and Tarrant.

B Broad Grimes Miller
HB Baker Vlastuin Rioli D,
C Macintosh Short Pickett
HF Stack Gibcus Bolton
F Clarke Lynch Riewoldt
R Nankervis Martin Prestia
I/C Graham Lambert Ralphsmith Rioli M Jr.
Sub Edwards.
Tigers by 15pts.
That’d be a good lineup given the injury outs - happy with that

• Love
Out: Balta Cotch Clarke
In: Dusty MoJu Soldo

B: Grimes Tarrant Broad
HB: Baker Vlastuin DRioli
C: McIntosh Short Pickett
HF: Graham Martin Edwards
F: Riewoldt Lynch MRioli
R: Nankervis Bolton Prestia
I: Soldo Gibcus Lambert Ralphsmith
S: Ross

Reactions: 2 users
Is a 32yr old Tarrant with a busted knuckle still better than a fit Miller?
If so, doesn’t say much about Miller

Reactions: 2 users
I get that some seasoned VFL watchers continue to have aereobic reservations about Sydney Stack, but at this point I think the positives outweigh the negatives.
It's Time.
We got the ball into our F50 last week enough to normally win a game by 6+ goals but couldn't get scoreboard impact.
Dusty will definitely help but so will Stack's excellent ball use.
He has the strength, skills and courage to make an impact against an in-form Geelong side.
He has been progressively learning his new forward position in the past few months and his last H of last weekend's game was, from all reports, pretty good.
He has been given some tough love thus far this season but is starting to put it together.
I think a fit and firing Stack is not only best 22 but actually quite important to our prospects in September.
With Cotch out, the timing is right.

Reactions: 12 users
Is a 32yr old Tarrant with a busted knuckle still better than a fit Miller?
If so, doesn’t say much about Miller
The problem was probably a result of Tarrant's right hand injury early in the game, but from the replay,it is quite clear that most of McKays marks were actually taken un-opposed, with Tarrant some distance behind.

Last edited:
in cannot believe how many posters are basing changes on our VFL game against Coburg.

we will make minimum changes.
Dusty for Cotch.
Soldo/Ryan- most likely Soldo- for Balta.
Miller for Tarrant if needed.
and maybe MJR for Clarke- but doutbful.

The problem was probably a result of Tarrant's right hand injury early in the game, but from the replay,it is quite clear that most of McKays marks were actually taken un-opposed, with Tarrant some distance behind.
Just to clarify my question.
With Tarrant recovering from a broken knuckle, surely Miller plays?

Reactions: 1 user
If the Pussies are having a heavy training workload, we should run them off their feet this Saturday and win.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
in cannot believe how many posters are basing changes on our VFL game against Coburg.

Dusty for Cotch.

Dustine Martins, had completely forgotten about him

• Love

Dusty for Cotch.
Miller has been playing consistently well over a 5-6 match period. He is fast, handles the ball well and is a very good kick. He has very good judgement in terms of making the next contest and getting into position to assist team mates who find themselves out of position. At 198 cm he is a great size for a defender and at 22 appears to have a very good future.
Support for his selection comes from his body of work, not a single performance.

Reactions: 5 users

Dusty for Cotch.
wot are u basing ur 4 changes on?

Will Lambert play?

Noah will miss. Cotchin will miss. Tarrant may not miss.

Geelong is interesting atm. The Cats have some emerging youth. De Koning is 21yo and maturing. A disciplined player with good athleticism and size. This Stengle can play. And Parfitt has been promoted and is performing at the inside mid level. (He missed last week. Rested?) I'm assuming Parfitt plays and was rested.

Clangerflop back.

Geelong is $9 for the flag atm. Hey, it's anybody's year.

Weather fine. Track dry. No dew until after the game.

• Love
In: Dusty, Ross, Soldo, Miller
Out: Clarke, Cotchin, Balta, Tarrant (broken knuckle so how can he punch to defend?)
Miller on Hawkins, Grimes on Cameron.
Soldo and Nank share ruck duties and some time down back or fwd.

I get that some seasoned VFL watchers continue to have aereobic reservations about Sydney Stack, but at this point I think the positives outweigh the negatives.
It's Time.
We got the ball into our F50 last week enough to normally win a game by 6+ goals but couldn't get scoreboard impact.
Dusty will definitely help but so will Stack's excellent ball use.
He has the strength, skills and courage to make an impact against an in-form Geelong side.
He has been progressively learning his new forward position in the past few months and his last H of last weekend's game was, from all reports, pretty good.
He has been given some tough love thus far this season but is starting to put it together.
I think a fit and firing Stack is not only best 22 but actually quite important to our prospects in September.
With Cotch out, the timing is right.
I'm with you it's just a matter of how we get him in. I reckon a stack and mj forward combo firing come Sept could be our differentiator. No other combo can give such a high ceiling/X factor.

If that is the case, which I don’t personally agree with, then we should delist Miller at the end of the year. As good as Robbie Tarrant used to be, he’s a mature cheddar with a busted hand.
For someone of Millers size he plays small. A first year player has gone past him. That says a lot to be honest.