Changes vs Port Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port Adelaide

Out Gibcus, Prestia, Young, MJ
In: Miller, Coulthard, McAulliffe, Tresize, (might have to go Kosi for height, but I'm flying blind on ins)

I can see a top 3 pick coming on.

Outside of Gibcus (who has plenty to prove anyway) IMO Coulthard, McAuliffe and Tresize would be great ins for mine and would be a net positive on those outs

Reactions: 5 users
One in I'd like to see against Snort Powder is Juddy in for Prestia.

Marlion in the guts and Juddy on the wing. We need some pace, Juddy has got that in spades, and can bomb a goal form 60, it's what we need.

Reactions: 1 users

Marlion in the guts and Juddy on the wing. We need some pace, Juddy has got that in spades, and can bomb a goal form 60, it's what we need.
Not sure Juddy has the contested ball ability to play wing. Ball contests on the wing are different than in tight. You need to run and hit hard in the open wings while staying on your feet and winning the ball.

Reactions: 4 users
I was hoping we would trial Kosi down back at some stage but didn't think it would actually happen.

I'm excited by reading he went back in the VFL.. was this on the weekend? If so, how did he look back there?

Apparently he made the All Aus Under 18 side as a backman in his draft year. He has much more chance of making it as a key defender than a key forward based off what we've seen.

Let's give it a go

Reactions: 2 users
we have a forward line that will cause problems for them.

Lynch, Balta, Martin & Bolton. The surrounding players must support them at will.

I was hoping we would trial Kosi down back at some stage but didn't think it would actually happen.

I'm excited by reading he went back in the VFL.. was this on the weekend? If so, how did he look back there?

Apparently he made the All Aus Under 18 side as a backman in his draft year. He has much more chance of making it as a key defender than a key forward based off what we've seen.

Let's give it a go
100%. It will give us better balance as a side if we pivot and he can become a backman. Lynch, Balta with Bauer/Cumberland as 3rd tall is a more dynamic setup than Lynch, Balta, Kosi.

100%. It will give us better balance as a side if we pivot and he can become a backman. Lynch, Balta with Bauer/Cumberland as 3rd tall is a more dynamic setup than Lynch, Balta, Kosi.
Bauer more likely down back methinks. LeFau third tall forward. Otherwise agree.

Why the *smile* was Prestia picked in the first place, given his soft tissue history. Makes no sense
I agree Prestia should not have played, but rested for R1 ? That would seem weird. Rest him at every opportunity throughout the season, yes. It's just crazy that we were given only a 5 day break 0-1 having had to travel to Qld in March. Thanks afl

However my dark theory is that deep down Yze probably knows Dion is close to cooked and that he struggles to get on the park and produce his best consistently. If he keeps picking him when he's available (like with this 5 day break) and he breaks down, like he did, then the conversation with Dion at some point is going to be a lot easier.

Dion is a multiple premiership hero of the club and we aren't dropping these guys and letting them languish unceremoniously in the twos. It's just not going to happen. Yze is picking his way more gently around these guys because they're future club legends.

If they're fit they get picked, they've earned the right. He believes anyway. I think the club probably does too. But everyone also has one eye firmly on the future. When it becomes obvious to everyone including the head coach and the player themselves that they can't boot up week in week out or that they're becoming a liability to the team, then the player makes the call. See J. Castagna. He just knew he didn't have another season in him. We have retired our premiership stars so far in very fair fashion, as they deserved.

The whole football world saw what happened to North and to Hawthorn when they ditched premiership heroes and club stalwarts. It left a shitty taste in everyone's mouth. Dimma wouldn't and I don't think Yze will take that approach. Yze will give the players Grimes, Broad etc every opportunity to show they still have it...until they don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Acknowledge the efforts and defensive work, but we have a very different view about what is required in an AFL forward line, fair enough
Clearly the match committee has a role for both of those players. If they keep doing the role that they're selected for (I'd say they MC would see goals as a bonus) then they will keep getting selected. Mansell for example was brought straight back in. The club has been pretty forthright on this in the past. Yes I'd like to see them both hit the scoreboard more too, but their role is obviously not dependant on that. Role players don't get to enjoy the glamorous stuff. But footy teams are pretty crap without them.

Clearly the match committee has a role for both of those players. If they keep doing the role that they're selected for (I'd say they MC would see goals as a bonus) then they will keep getting selected. Mansell for example was brought straight back in. The club has been pretty forthright on this in the past. Yes I'd like to see them both hit the scoreboard more too, but their role is obviously not dependant on that. Role players don't get to enjoy the glamorous stuff. But footy teams are pretty crap without them.
Keep playing players that are there to just chase backsides (Mansell) that don’t have the ability to trouble the scoreboard and the losses will keep coming

On what we've seen of Kosi to date, he needs to have a consistently good few games in the 2's to be considered again.
And that's with our current tall back-man injury woes.

I would love to see Marlion replace Prestia in the mid rotations too, especially with Ports youngish midfield. Clarke or Sonsie to half forward.

Bauer more likely down back methinks. LeFau third tall forward. Otherwise agree.

Mykelti was rag dolling Pittonet last weekend!!!

he is one strong lad.

yeah hes crude, but so was Andy Goodwin.

get him in.

If we're gonna be bottom four, we'll need a couple of cult figures

Charlie Dixon's played over half his annual good games already, so yeah stand some cheap cartilage in front of him.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Tom Brown (17 disposals, five marks, four rebound-50s)

"He came back after being an AFL carryover the previous week, and he acquitted himself extremely well. He looks so composed and calm with the footy down back and won the ball back for us consistently on the day."

James Trezise (16 disposals, four marks, one rebound-50)

"James is in some really good form. He continues to win the ball back for us and he used the ball particularly well on Thursday. He is ready, should the opportunity arise at the next level."

It will come out of these 2 on who replaces Gibcus.

Reactions: 8 users

"He came back after being an AFL carryover the previous week, and he acquitted himself extremely well. He looks so composed and calm with the footy down back and won the ball back for us consistently on the day."

"James is in some really good form. He continues to win the ball back for us and he used the ball particularly well on Thursday. He is ready, should the opportunity arise at the next level."

Sounds like Tresize may have been challenged on ball use ?

Yze won’t have agricultural foot skills. Get him in and let’s see more. Loved his game against port last year, they are his bunnies

Reactions: 3 users

I do like Brown but think Trezise is more like for like with his overhead game. Good to see them both being described as winning the ball back

The first issue that would challenge anyone considering selection of Koschitzke is can he get a kick.
If he's being considered for a job in defence then I wouldn't give a stuff if he has all donuts. Just so long as his opponent had the same result.
In defence his job will simply be to stop his opponent having any impact on the game, any possessions above that would be a bonus. If he's slotted into the forward line and Balta get's thrown back then hopefully Koshitsme gets 5 possessions n kicks 4 goals, that'd be a good day out.

Reactions: 1 user