Changes vs Port Power Rnd 18 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port Power Rnd 18

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They did beat a near full strength Cats team a few weeks back at home. Must match them in the midfield obviously, Lycett will give them 1st use and have Soldo's measure around the ground. Dixon and Westoff are threats up fwd on their day. If we apply the heat we'll win.

Port play the man like no other side. They single out opposition players and Hinkley revs them up like hungry lions.
But when that fails because there ‘so called’ greatest player jibs a contest it turns to shif very quickly.
This week they might target Lynch or Martin.
I can’t see how they will get away with anything dodgy in front 45k Richmond supporters and on our home deck.
We arent Melbourne

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
They did beat a near full strength Cats team a few weeks back at home. Must match them in the midfield obviously, Lycett will give them 1st use and have Soldo's measure around the ground. Dixon and Westoff are threats up fwd on their day. If we apply the heat we'll win.

Port have been going win/loss/win/loss for 8 consecutive weeks. That means this week is supposed to be an "on" week for them. They will be smarting from that loss to us over there in R4. Plus another loss will put them on the brink of elimination. Season defining game for them. We will need to be ready.

it'll be Out Egg, In Caddy. I'd like to find a spot for Baker, but I can't see who he's gonna replace. McIntosh isn't like for like.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Saw about 45 min of the VFL. No one super impressed me (Caddy including). Baker was talking to the Dr pointing to groin/hip/side region but that might just be normal boundary line chatter as you within touching distance when watching the VFL.

Id be happy with no change. Nank 1 more week, the VFL then back for Soldo.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Port's form is the most inconsistent of any club at the moment.

Will lose to GC one week then beat WCE the next!

We MUST go in with clear heads.

Danger Game.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Big rumour Hinkley will target Ellis this week.
Hopefully they can target McIntosh and short too.
*smile* kickers what a *smile* football side.
Gray your best ever player. Shut the joint down,
Thats like us having pettifer as our best ever player.
He isn’t better then tredrea, Waganeen or Donald Dickie

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
From what I saw Ebert might be doubtful as well. Went off limping and noticed his leg was heavily strapped.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
In: Graham
Out: Egg.

Stack plays back. As much as I want him forward, he actually has more value back. Not only does he generate attack out of the defensive contest (Rance like) he can actually defend (probably the equal of Broad in that regard). That's gold. He's a two for the price of one defender, but just a very good forward.

Also, my feeling at the game was that the reason GWS got on top in the second and third was a lack of midfield defensive pressure. Not only were they cutting through the midfield on the rebound, they were also generating very clean clearances. The whole time I was pondering Graham's dozen or so tackles a game.

I reckon the fact that he was the carry over emergency places him ahead of Caddy in the pecking order too.

As an aside, I was pretty disappointed with Higgins' game in the VFL. Looked to struggle even at that level.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
In: Graham
Out: Egg.

Stack plays back. As much as I want him forward, he actually has more value back. Not only does he generate attack out of the defensive contest (Rance like) he can actually defend (probably the equal of Broad in that regard). That's gold. He's a two for the price of one defender, but just a very good forward.

Also, my feeling at the game was that the reason GWS got on top in the second and third was a lack of midfield defensive pressure. Not only were they cutting through the midfield on the rebound, they were also generating very clean clearances. The whole time I was pondering Graham's dozen or so tackles a game.

I reckon the fact that he was the carry over emergency places him ahead of Caddy in the pecking order too.

As an aside, I was pretty disappointed with Higgins' game in the VFL. Looked to struggle even at that level.
Yeah I'd go graham ahead of Caddy also

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I was a bit surprised Graham didn't get the job on Coniglio and reckon we dodged a bullet when the poor bloke tweaked his knee.

That said, GWS has a couple of quick forwards (good debut by Bobby Hill -- that goal to the city end was quite the move) so I could see why DES was kept.

Agree with others, Graham a must-in to assist in negating what could be a clearance slaughter.

Also wouldn't mind Caddy coming in for even more toughness around the ball (Port not supremely quick in the midfield) but think it's less likely to happen.

Baker for Rioli if we're serious about selecting on form.

Graham for DES (Stacky to defence).

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Not keen to bringing Graham back.

I d go

Out Short, Egg

In Caddy, Baker

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Like it, Wines, Boak and Ebert are big units. A body like Grahams to crash and bash and take the heat off Cotch and Dusty to allow them to get outside a little more.

Caddy and Graham in for me Out Egg and ?

I'm not sure about this theory. Our game plan gives the opponent the win for contested ball and clearances, we're last and 2nd last in the comp for those two stats. Port are slow in the midfield, that's our advantage, which is why I don't think we'll foresake speed for midfield grunt. I'm thinking there might be no change.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Wouldn’t mind trying Stack down back and Short up forward for a quarter and see how it works.

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
Probable
Nankervis – Adductor tendon

Questionable
Noah Balta – Quadricep
Liam Baker – Hip
Maverick Weller - Ribs

Reckon Nank is straight back in with Soldo out. Graham for Egg