Changing of the PRE guard | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changing of the PRE guard

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Thank you for creating this great community Rosy, take care and all the best.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
I dunno about all this love Rosy... I for one have a complaint! The hours spent on here when I should been working is quite unacceptable and I blame you for making the site too good!

Ha ha! All the best!

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Many many thanks Rosy. This has been a treasured way for me to think, talk and dream about our team and footy in general.
It is a daily part of my life, and all thanks to you. Cheers, good luck and better health!

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Thankyou so much Rosy for the management of this website over many , many years. This website is a testament to your legacy. Thankyou for keeping us bright in the dark times and helping us celebrate the 2017 season especially after the first finals win ( and subsequent flag). Thankyou for organising the PRE Players sponsorship and keeping this motley crew out of potential legal action. Mostly thankyou for your drive and energy in supporting all things Yellow & Black.

Wishing you the best that life has to offer. :clap :clap :clap

Kind Regards,
Birdman19
:gotigers

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Well done Rosy and many thanks for building such a brilliant forum.

Go well.

Reactions: 1 user

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Hi Rosy.

I joined on December 18, 2002, which was the second day of the site's existence. I was the 20th person to join.

I can remember there was an oddball forum before this called something like Tigerblitz, which had a few members in the days when discussion boards were a new thing. It went into administration and a call was put out to anyone who wanted to start a fans' website for the Tigers. Nobody wanted to take it on, so you stood up (reluctantly if I recall) to do it. Otherwise there wouldn't have been a place to talk Tigers on this newish thing the web.

Thanks for your long service!

Tigerblood

I was the same day as you. If I recall correctly, the old service was a popup nightmare, just loaded with so many viruses! I seem to recall actually Rosy hitting us up to tell us about the new site? It's all a bit hazy now - but I didn't think we'd still be here 17 years and a premiership later. Easpecially the premiership, the thought honestly never even crossed my mind until round 22, 2017. Rosy, you've always been super pleasant and helpful. Thanks for all you've done, I actually think the club should recognize your efforts, PRE has been integral in keeping the Tiger community ticking over, especially in the bad times.

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
Rosy thank you so much for the wonderful site and community you built. And thanks Mr T for picking up the baton.

Ruthless_Richmond

hunger to win
Feb 28, 2003
The Gong
Rosy, thanks for all the love, patience and effort required to build and manage this forum. Whilst I rarely post, finding this group in 2002 reconnected this long time interstate member with his Tiger roots. Thanks!!

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Thank you Rosy for your patience and honesty most of all.
Will miss you.
Best wishes for you and yours

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I was the same day as you. If I recall correctly, the old service was a popup nightmare, just loaded with so many viruses! I seem to recall actually Rosy hitting us up to tell us about the new site? It's all a bit hazy now - but I didn't think we'd still be here 17 years and a premiership later. Easpecially the premiership, the thought honestly never even crossed my mind until round 22, 2017. Rosy, you've always been super pleasant and helpful. Thanks for all you've done, I actually think the club should recognize your efforts, PRE has been integral in keeping the Tiger community ticking over, especially in the bad times.

If it's the one i'm thinking of, i used to be on that forum, i think it was called Roar Power. Rosy was on it, it was quite good until the popups got out of control. Then Rosy picked up the cudgels and created PRE and i followed her across, bless her.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Thanks Rosy for everything.

Been away for 2 weeks and so much has changed. wow. still trying to get my head around this new look.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
i do like the new "like" button. are you able to tag other people as well? actually, is there a thread talking abouty the changes? I'll look aorund.
I don't think there is a tag feature... hopefully the next round of design changes will help people. This migration is a two-step process... the first is to port all the info into the new software (which creates new issues that come from migrating)... the next step is the design to help users get around and improve the experience.

BTW I've searched for a FAQ on the software but there is nothing worth noting.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Same here. Still struggling.
I will keep looking around to find some info to help, did you say you were using IE? Did you clear the cache as I suggested?
If I have time I will create a tutorial of the basics, can't promise anything right now, too much to do.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I will keep looking around to find some info to help, did you say you were using IE? Did you clear the cache as I suggested?
If I have time I will create a tutorial of the basics, can't promise anything right now, too much to do.

Yeah no worries Mr T. I noticed it doesn't show on my home laptop (IE) but it does show on my desktop at work (IE) so I'll try fixing it up myself. Sorry for the whinging, it's just hard to get used to a different look after 15 years. I remember Rosy had an update or upgrade (whatever you call it) on PRE a few years ago which changed some parts but the majority of the design was still the same (i.e. FOOTBALL board, GENERAL board and 5 of the latest posts on the bottom of just 1 screen......exactly how this shows on a mobile now), however on a computer, the latest posts show on the top right side of the screen and if you click on the link it just brings out another screen instead of just refreshing.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah no worries Mr T. I noticed it doesn't show on my home laptop (IE) but it does show on my desktop at work (IE) so I'll try fixing it up myself. Sorry for the whinging, it's just hard to get used to a different look after 15 years. I remember Rosy had an update or upgrade (whatever you call it) on PRE a few years ago which changed some parts but the majority of the design was still the same (i.e. FOOTBALL board, GENERAL board and 5 of the latest posts on the bottom of just 1 screen......exactly how this shows on a mobile now), however on a computer, the latest posts show on the top right side of the screen and if you click on the link it just brings out another screen instead of just refreshing.
I'm sorry to do this but there will be another round of design, hopefully that will improve your experience. :)

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
If it's the one i'm thinking of, i used to be on that forum, i think it was called Roar Power. Rosy was on it, it was quite good until the popups got out of control. Then Rosy picked up the cudgels and created PRE and i followed her across, bless her.
Yep, that's the one! Wayback Machine is down sadly; I'd love to see if they have an archive of it.