Channel 10 news reports Tiger Crisis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Channel 10 news reports Tiger Crisis

TheFoxhat said:
This must have been the petition that i saw going around at the aftermatch function in PERTH... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No, that one was put "on hold" until a credible alternative ticket was organised,..... so I'm told......

Canbtiger said:
graystar1 said:
Hmmm be careful what you wish for.This could get ugly.  

Whilst I understand the reasons behind the upcoming petition, I am not sure about the timing--Friday night--just before a crunch game for us. Surely Monday would have been better.

Precisely graystar1.

Sunday is an important game for us and this merely serves as a major distraction.

Hopefully, it's just Channel 10 clutching at straws for a story and no-one else will pick it up. There must be heaps of supporters discussing petitions and EGMs so I'm intrigued why the station decided to focus on this one   ???

now is the only time to do it to get 100 signatures, if the club keeps going how it is we wont have 100 members there to sign in the future.

notorious219 said:
Earth to Canbtiger - Maybe you haven't noticed but this season has run its course for the Tiges. Best to blood some new players, that's about it.

No way notorious.

If Collingwood are still a chance with the same points as us then we are still a chance. Never give in, particularly when we're playing Fremantle in Melbourne.

Last week went disastrously because of the off-field dramas. If Richmond can focus on the footy then maybe we'll go somewhere.

Notice how we won a few games once the spitter, financial crisis, off-field incidents, Board friction etc media circus died down?

GO TIGERS!

Canbtiger, do you really want to see us to limp into the finals just to become the whipping boy of one of the form sides?

Look at the club's %. That is probably a fairly true reflection of their current form. Without Richo we're in deep doo doo. The club needs a lot more depth and better leadership in the football dept and elsewhere before we become consistent performers.

I'm hoping next year will be the dawn of a new era. This year I think we're lucky to hold the position on the ladder we have. Mind you if they duplicated the determination shown in the Sydney match anything is possible.

But I get the feeling they're treading water at the moment. Greg Miller even admitted that the off field problems have some effect upon the playing group. A refreshingly honest admission in these days of spin doctoring.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

notorious219 said:
Canbtiger, do you really want to see us to limp into the finals just to become the whipping boy of one of the form sides?

Time will tell if we `limp' anywhere.

Sydney beat St Kilda who appeared impenetrable. Melbourne got walloped by Hawthorn (!!) but are now flying. Collingwood seemed stuffed but had a resurgence.

It's a changing comp and I wouldn't say we're odds on to be whipping material yet. Think Hawthorn in 2003.

You're right, though, without Richardson our chances of going anywhere will be severely limited. :(

Phantom aka Michael,
you have my full support. Regardless of whether or not this flushes out an alternative ticket, this petition send a message to the club that the grass roots, thats us, are angry. I reckon the majority of PREnders have no confidence in either the Board or the football dept.

When I saw that no player was dropped after the capitulation last week it felt like a kick in the guts. Our Club needs a blowtorch applied from as many angles as possible. Well done Michael, an can I suggest an online petition along the same lines in support. And are there any lawyers who can say that an online petition would be valid under the constitution. I live in Brisbane so unforunately I can't be of any direct help.

your faithfully, Tigersnake aka Tony Corbett

WildTiger said:
who cares, at least if we call an EGM Casey has to give us answers of where all the money is gone and why we are up sh!t creek without a paddle

Unfortunately, even if the EGM happens, Casey does not have to tell us anything about where the money has gone. The EGM will deal with the issue raised by the petition - which, from reports, is limited to a no confidence motion in the board and a spill of all positions.

As I and others have said (in this thread and elsewhere) I hope this doesn't pressure those who aren't ready to put their hands up. Even worse, I hope we don't get the EGM and have no alternatives for which to vote - that would make us a laughing stock.

Casey has mis-managmend the club. He has finally given up by saying he will step aside for someone else if they can do the job. That statement was nothing more I believe but a smoke screen. What... he will decide who can do a better job, and only then he will down. I think not. Change has to happen now BUT an alternate ticket has to be formed first. Oust Casey & rebuild and let the new board be accountable for all changes, not have changes forced upon the new board from the old regime. It will be interesting to see what is brewing...

Any one can try to arrange an EGM you would get 2 or 3 or 4 thousand to sign it because they are disgruntled. I again ask the question an EGM is held and no one else runs. That is whats going to happen.

Laff said:
I again ask the question an EGM is held and no one else runs. That is whats going to happen.

Not really a question, Laff, but I understand how you feel (that upper-classness isn't slipping, is it, perchance?)

Al Bundy said:
Casey has mis-managed the club. He has finally given up by saying he will step aside for someone else if they can do the job. That statement was nothing more I believe but a smoke screen. What... he will decide who can do a better job, and only then he will down. I think not. Change has to happen now BUT an alternate ticket has to be formed first. Oust Casey & rebuild and let the new board be accountable for all changes, not have changes forced upon the new board from the old regime. It will be interesting to see what is brewing...

I think the timing is right. A challenge needs to be made sooner then later. The quicker we get a new board in the quicker they can clean up the mess and start to concentrate on next year. Like hear what Casey has to say.

Laff said:
Any one can try to arrange an EGM you would get 2 or 3 or 4 thousand to sign it because they are disgruntled. I again ask the question an EGM is held and no one else runs. That is whats going to happen.

Laff you make a very good point. What happens if no alternative ticket comes forward. This may be sooner than any alternative wishes. Do we resign another petition when a ticket finallly does come forward.

BTW, a board full of PREnders would be great.

Phantom - good on you for going public and getting off your arse, but you've gotta have an alternative ticket, you've gotta have a solution.

That's the weakness in your action and it's what they'll (the establishment Caseyites) came straight back at you with really hard and heavy -if they haven't already.

I'm with tigerdog/greystar. Great idea, bad timing. Come september and a viable ticket (macek, gale, et al) I'll be out there holding a clipboard or writing an online petition , but not right now.