It begins on Sunday at noon. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

It begins on Sunday at noon.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
That's it, I've bitten the bullet.

I've spoken to 3AW, SEN & 774.

The petition will be available for signing on Sunday from noon at the PuntRoadEnd of the MCG.

Volunteers will be appreciated.

God's Will be done.

Phantom said:
That's it, I've bitten the bullet.

I've spoken to 3AW, SEN & 774.

The petition will be available for signing on Sunday from noon at the PuntRoadEnd of the MCG.

Volunteers will be appreciated.

God's Will be done.

petition for what?
is there another ticket to vote in?
If its a petition for Casey and Co to stand down who runs us then?

And to give the petition organisers a little info that they may already know:

You can get the 100 signatures (I'd get more, just to be on the safe side), but remember that YOU decide when you want to lodge the petition with the club.

Also remember that the agenda of the EGM can only be what is on the petition, so you better get the wording 100% correct or it will most likely not achieve what you are after - as well as make the club look bad in the process.

From the club's articles:
------
6.4 Extraordinary General Meeting

6.4.1 Subject to section 248 D of the Act, on a requisition in writing signed by at least one hundred members with their addresses and their membership ticket numbers, being delivered to the Secretary, he shall within twenty-one days from receiving such requisition call an Extraordinary General Meeting of the members of the Club by giving twenty-one days notice of the same by advertisement in the daily press. The requisition must state precisely the objects of such meeting including any resolution to be proposed and such objects shall appear in the advertisement in the same or a more abbreviated form.
------

There can be from 3 to 6 weeks from when the petition is lodged with the club until the EGM occurs, so you may want to have a think about likely dates and the impact on the season that they may have.