China | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

China

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
A bit like his donation to Climate Change. His money only went to the anti-climate change faction
and like his 'community building' in Aboriginal communities, while ripping off local traditional owners so his mines can make the money he then pretends to donate.

Reactions: 1 user

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
I urge you all to sign this petition. The relationship Australian universities, in this case the University of Queensland, have with the CCP is extraordinary. China is their heroin, and they are totally hooked. UQ is attempting to silence Drew...far as I know freedom of speech is still allowed in Australia, or is it?

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I heard that Twiggy’s gift is actually just a loan. The Government has to pay his foundation back for the price of the kits.
absolutely correct the govt have to pay him. Forrest is a bed swapper of the highest order, and embedded so far up the backsides of this govt and the Chinese it ain’t funny. smiling assassin..

• Love

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
If gaslighting was a sport, the Chinese would be world champions.

Anyway, suffice to say, the Chinese will never admit they are wrong about anything, and will go out of their way to gaslight and deflect blame.

Great post Nico & agree entirely. All the more reason to rethink our relationship with China.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
This is the China thread..

Plenty of scrutiny & criticism has come the USA's way.
cross referencing not allowed then.? if you read into what I was saying it’s that Nico said China would be World Champions of gaslighting and I happen to disagree. didn’t realise things had to be so linear on here...

Last edited:

Nico

Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
cross referencing not allowed then.? if you read into what I was saying it’s that Nico said China would be World Champions of gaslighting and I happen to disagree. didn’t realise things had to be so linear on here...
A Trump led US comes close, but not a shadow on the CCP

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Given the Chinese CP won't allow the rest of the world to investigate the origins of this virus, then the rest of the world should just assume them responsible for this humanitarian disaster & treat them as such.
Clearly they've tried to hide whatever has taken place to have us here. Otherwise why hide it?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I find implying that viruses carry passports,

as absurd as the term 'new normal'

only a matter of time before a virus originates in a Kangaroo tail, and transmits to humans through dogma (note, spellchecker changed dogmeat to dogma. I defer),

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Given the Chinese CP won't allow the rest of the world to investigate the origins of this virus, then the rest of the world should just assume them responsible for this humanitarian disaster & treat them as such.
Clearly they've tried to hide whatever has taken place to have us here. Otherwise why hide it?

Yep. And Saddam had a WMD stockpile.

Nico

Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
I find implying that viruses carry passports,

as absurd as the term 'new normal'

only a matter of time before a virus originates in a Kangaroo tail, and transmits to humans through dogma (note, spellchecker changed dogmeat to dogma. I defer),
That could definitely happen.

If so, you'd expect the Australian Government to immediately advise the global community of this newly found virus, enact the Biosecurity Act 2015, commission the top medical professionals and virologists available to investigate and when it's under control, conduct an independent and transparent inquiry to establish exactly how it happened and to prevent it happening again.

Compare this to what actually happened in China:

1. The CCP sat on the discovery of COVID-19 in Wuhan for weeks enabling them time to source PPE from all over the world, including 90 tonnes from a Sydney based Chinese company which was flown to China in a chartered plane. Not only did the delay result in the deaths of hundreds and thousands of people worldwide, once the CCP finally announced the existence of the virus, China had PPE, but other countries were left with bugger all.

2. Chinese doctor Li Wenliang was silenced by the CCP for sending a message to fellow medics warning of a virus he thought looked like Sars - another deadly coronavirus. This was in DECEMBER. He later died from COVID-19

3. Instead of agreeing to an independent inquiry into the origin of COVID-19 and how this can be prevented from happening again, the CCP spits the dummy, plays the race card, threatens trade sanctions, and gaslighted (or gaslit ?) that it in fact originated in the USA.

So yes viruses don't have passports, but you can bet your dollar that if it originated anywhere else, it would be handled a damn sight better than how the CCP handled it.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
That could definitely happen.

If so, you'd expect the Australian Government to immediately advise the global community of this newly found virus, enact the Biosecurity Act 2015, commission the top medical professionals and virologists available to investigate and when it's under control, conduct an independent and transparent inquiry to establish exactly how it happened and to prevent it happening again.

Compare this to what actually happened in China:

1. The CCP sat on the discovery of COVID-19 in Wuhan for weeks enabling them time to source PPE from all over the world, including 90 tonnes from a Sydney based Chinese company which was flown to China in a chartered plane. Not only did the delay result in the deaths of hundreds and thousands of people worldwide, once the CCP finally announced the existence of the virus, China had PPE, but other countries were left with bugger all.

2. Chinese doctor Li Wenliang was silenced by the CCP for sending a message to fellow medics warning of a virus he thought looked like Sars - another deadly coronavirus. This was in DECEMBER. He later died from COVID-19

3. Instead of agreeing to an independent inquiry into the origin of COVID-19 and how this can be prevented from happening again, the CCP spits the dummy, plays the race card, threatens trade sanctions, and gaslighted (or gaslit ?) that it in fact originated in the USA.

So yes viruses don't have passports, but you can bet your dollar that if it originated anywhere else, it would be handled a damn sight better than how the CCP handled it.
Top post Nico.

Can't see how an argument can be mounted against any of that.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There's a fairly easy argument against it. It's Trump who called for the inquiry. Trump who refuses to take any blame and is looking for someone to pin this onto. He's already shown he'll pervert justice and fairness to get the end result he wants. He's been sabre rattling with the Chinese since he got elected.

You think the Chinese are going to allow or trust an inquiry that's US instigated or led? Most countries in the world would resist if Trump singled them out for an "inquiry" because everyone knows Trump would only do it if he could be sure it would benefit his re-election or Trump Corp.

I made a reference to Saddam and WMD earlier. Even though totally manufactured to achieve a desired result, they US were able to work with the UN to make it a UN sanction/order. In this case it's Trump being Trump. What sovereign state is going to allow anything like that?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
There's a fairly easy argument against it. It's Trump who called for the inquiry. Trump who refuses to take any blame and is looking for someone to pin this onto. He's already shown he'll pervert justice and fairness to get the end result he wants. He's been sabre rattling with the Chinese since he got elected.

You think the Chinese are going to allow or trust an inquiry that's US instigated or led? Most countries in the world would resist if Trump singled them out for an "inquiry" because everyone knows Trump would only do it if he could be sure it would benefit his re-election or Trump Corp.

I made a reference to Saddam and WMD earlier. Even though totally manufactured to achieve a desired result, they US were able to work with the UN to make it a UN sanction/order. In this case it's Trump being Trump. What sovereign state is going to allow anything like that?
I would agree that Trump should play no part in any inquiry. But regardless of who calls for it there needs to be an inquiry; an independent inquiry. Cut the Yanks out of it if that makes the CCP feel any better; the poor dears.

Plenty of other countries including Australia are also calling for an independent inquiry. How can there possibly be an argument against an independent investigation into the cause of this insidious pandemic that has caused 3.5 million infections and killed nearly 250 thousand people?? Not too mention the millions of people now unemployed.

The virus originated in China; that is beyond argument. How it actually originated and spread is what needs to be determined. So the world can understand it and do everything possible to stop it happening again. If we don't understand it how can we protect against it? The same would be expected if it started in Australia, USA, UK, Italy, France, Spain or the Maldives. I don't believe the CCP released this virus deliberately. I do believe it was an accident but the way they have acted firstly by covering it up for weeks and now by it's resistance might lead a cynical person to suggest they have something to hide.

We can not be sitting here in 10 years time going through this again because the CCP stonewalled an investigation into the outbreak.