Chris Scott viewed objectively | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Scott viewed objectively

Is Chris Scott the most petulant, over-rated, self-promoting, ungracious senior AFL coach ever?

• Yes

Votes: 180 81.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 41 18.6%

• Total voters
Agree, Ridley.
Reckon the Cats are on a downhill slide from here.
Won't be *smile* side but won't be great either.
To me, Salty is a complex person certainly a press minder would help. Personally think Scott the coach has done a pretty fair job keeping the Cats competitive for a long period. I know he inherited a top side in 2011 however over the last 3-4 years except for recruiting Danger and Kelly maybe Miers going forward there is not a great depth in his lineup. Assuming Kelly goes majority of the top end talent is 30+. Recruiting Steven as someone has said provides a partial short term fix but staves off the inevitable re build. Never mind Treloar would say they have a better list than us.

If geelong has a bad start to next year, i could easily see a brad scott-like departure for Chris. The media will go after him as will many within the club. Not a good loser is old salty

Reactions: 2 users
Stevens will be 30 next year. He’s a good player but his best is behind him. He also has well documented health issues that will not help him reproduce his best form.

Also, Stagerfield, Selwood and Duncan aren’t getting any better.

Kelly leaving is a massive blow to Geelong. They’ll struggle a bit next year I think.

Yeah. The topping up strategy will not work, Giblett should retire, Taylor looks done. A few more getting long in the tooth. A few good young players but can't see them contending next year.

Suck it clangerfield

Brad Hill to Saints , Stevens to Catters, Ned Kelly to Dockers. Michael Walters will be in Kelly's ear.

Yeah. The topping up strategy will not work, Giblett should retire, Taylor looks done. A few more getting long in the tooth. A few good young players but can't see them contending next year.

Suck it clangerfield
The top up is what the Scotts do.

Reactions: 1 user
His presser wasn’t until about 11:40pm. I’d sat around at ground for 30 mins until security told us to move on, then walked to North Melbourne on the other side of the markets to my car, then drove home to north side of Essendon airport and he still hadn’t shown his face in the presser. He was waiting until everyone had pissed off before having to explain. Faux tough guy ol’ salty. Not very brave at all

Geelong are the new dud recruiters.
They get rid of Menzel and they get a clone in Rohan
They get rid of Motlop and they target a midget that is slow in Dollhouse
Now there is rumours they are after jack Stevens.
Desperation at its best.

Reactions: 1 users
Now that Kelly has officially stated he wants out we will wait to see how Sir Salty backtracks from his comments a few weeks back!
What will it take for Geel to agree to Kelly Trade?
"4 First Round picks.............. plus Dustin Martin!"
It will be fun watching The Salty One talk it down when they get less than what they expected.

Now that Kelly has officially stated he wants out we will wait to see how Sir Salty backtracks from his comments a few weeks back!
It will be fun watching The Salty One talk it down when they get less than what they expected.
That's alright. He can pass on the four of those first round picks for Dusty. He'll still be well in front getting Dusty to replace Kelly.

Gotta laugh at the clown.
Happy to break a “fair and reasonable “ deal for both parties when they got clangerfeild.
Plays hardball when it’s the other way around. Doesn’t think a trade can be done.
———————-
The Cats have given up young midfielder Dean Gore as well as picks No.9 and No.28 to snare the superstar midfielder.

The Cats gain Dangerfield and Adelaide's third-round draft pick, currently No.50.

Don’t rule out Gaff to Geelong

We should make a play for Kelly. Re unite him with Marlion. Should cheer up Scotty no end.

Reactions: 1 users
Little does Scott know but he has played beautifully into our hands.

He has won the flag through to July but has then watched his dream slowly give up their dominance - and he can’t believe it.

Trouble is we can because it was us last year.

Peak to early and look what happens.

Scott has been irrational and nervous for the whole of the second half of the year and he has watched us build at the same time and he knows it.

I mean, at the bye round, who would have thought we would end the season equal top with Geelong, Scott certainly didn’t.

Delicious

• Love
Being objective..................Salty is still Dimma's b!tch :mhihi

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
chris scott afl GIF by geelongcats

can’t wait for the excuses
Jonathon Brown they were flat, off tonight no concerns