Chris Scott viewed objectively | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Scott viewed objectively

Is Chris Scott the most petulant, over-rated, self-promoting, ungracious senior AFL coach ever?

• Yes

Votes: 169 81.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 39 18.8%

• Total voters

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Watching his presser now and I reckon most here are being hard on him because generally he's been such a wanker. He gave us full credit, there was some underlying saltiness but it was directed at journalists who he clearly doesn't respect much, like other coaches. It adds weight to the idea that he might be so salty during the year to take public pressure off his players.

Yeah, the bloke can't help it if he's got the personality of a cranky old man.

His demeanour doesn't help. What he actually said was ok, but he's clearly not a happy person.

I think some of it is to help shield the players but I'm not sure if it works. Some of his selection and positional decisions are bizarre, I wonder how guys like Blicavs and Stewart feel about him.

Reactions: 3 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia

His demeanour doesn't help. What he actually said was ok, but he's clearly not a happy person.

I think some of it is to help shield the players but I'm not sure if it works. Some of his selection and positional decisions are bizarre, I wonder how guys like Blicavs and Stewart feel about him.

Apart from the first 15 seconds I think he was pretty decent. Master stroke from Dimma proclaiming his love for them this week. Scott had no choice but to reciprocate.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Apart from the first 15 seconds I think he was pretty decent. Master stroke from Dimma proclaiming his love for them this week. Scott had no choice but to reciprocate.

Actually agree
I watched the whole thing just now looking forward to seeing him at his worst but he was pretty cool and diplomatic.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne

This.
Surely his demeanor doesn’t sit well with the players or permeates through the group.
Playing the AA fullback on the wing wouldn’t exactly fill Blicavs with confidence that his coach believes in him.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Salty's look after a strong contested grab by Lynch early in the 3rd quarter. Maybe he would have been more satisfied if Lynch faked a free by diving a la Dangerfield style.

2019-09-21_12-18-57.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Wow his time is done based on that post match conference. In la la land regarding their list going forward.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Interesting experience to watch Scott's presser and then Hardwick's immediately after.
To be fair, now that he has brought himself to be able to say the word "Richmond", he was very complimentary of us.
He had to be, what's he going to say "we coughed up a 21-point lead to a side that's not very good"?

Liked the way he bagged the media and then Hardwick when mentioning our injuries says "we'll assess those guys and give you guys information as soon as we've got it".

Whack!

Does anyone know what order those pressers happened in and if the coaches watch each other's?

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I wonder if Scott might come under some scrutiny from his club, not so much the results but the way he goes about it.
Bit hard to flick someone who keeps getting you into Prelims.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Salty's look after a strong contested grab by Lynch early in the 3rd quarter. Maybe he would have been more satisfied if Lynch faked a free by diving a la Dangerfield style.

View attachment 9002

I was just to the side of the PRE, if Lynch didn't mark it he would have been paid a free. Taylor was holding his arm back. Lynch was super strong to rip his arm away and incredibly focused to then be able to take that mark over O'Conner.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Interesting experience to watch Scott's presser and then Hardwick's immediately after.
To be fair, now that he has brought himself to be able to say the word "Richmond", he was very complimentary of us.
He had to be, what's he going to say "we coughed up a 21-point lead to a side that's not very good"?

Liked the way he bagged the media and then Hardwick when mentioning our injuries says "we'll assess those guys and give you guys information as soon as we've got it".

Whack!

Does anyone know what order those pressers happened in and if the coaches watch each other's?

Hardwick was first
Then it was a wait
And then the saltman

Reactions: 1 user

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Classic bully behaviour, he thinks he can intimidate the opposition and be the smarty pants in the room but what he really does is flag his vulnerabilities.

Reactions: 3 users
B

Bill James

I'm warming to him. Starting Blicavs on the wing and Tom kicks 5. Leaving Danger in the goal square in the 3rd while we kick 5. I'm loving his work.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
he actually said in his presser that the PF was like the game in which they won by 11 goals except in that game they took their chances. Yep really acknowledged the opposition there!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He basically said he's done a remarkable job to kep them in finals given all the challenges he's had with the list. We should view his finals record as an incredible achievement not as any sort of failure.

I look at them now and they are going to lose their best young player. They have a couple of decent young guys but they are gonna struggle to stay in the hunt.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I'm warming to him. Starting Blicavs on the wing and Tom kicks 5. Leaving Danger in the goal square in the 3rd while we kick 5. I'm loving his work.

Yeah crazy. Danger had 19 disposals by half time. Managed just 2 in the 3rd playing forward. Blicavs on Lynch wouldnt have worked, he's a skinny runt.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
They might lose Kelly but Jack Stevens will offset that a bit. Not quite the same sort of player but he's not too shabby.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
They might lose Kelly but Jack Stevens will offset that a bit. Not quite the same sort of player but he's not too shabby.
Stevens will be 30 next year. He’s a good player but his best is behind him. He also has well documented health issues that will not help him reproduce his best form.

Also, Stagerfield, Selwood and Duncan aren’t getting any better.

Kelly leaving is a massive blow to Geelong. They’ll struggle a bit next year I think.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Stevens will be 30 next year. He’s a good player but his best is behind him. He also has well documented health issues that will not help him reproduce his best form.

Also, Stagerfield, Selwood and Duncan aren’t getting any better.

Kelly leaving is a massive blow to Geelong. They’ll struggle a bit next year I think.

Agree, Ridley.
Reckon the Cats are on a downhill slide from here.
Won't be *smile* side but won't be great either.