? Clarkson for support coach at Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

? Clarkson for support coach at Tigerland

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Have no idea what the future holds for Clarkson, but what a great get he would be as support for Dimma.
If I recall he was or is a close friend of Dimma.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
The greatest coach of our era is being paid 900k not to coach. Who would have thought.

He should take a break and just sit out the year. Plenty of teams will come running in 23

Reactions: 4 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Have no idea what the future holds for Clarkson, but what a great get he would be as support for Dimma.
If I recall he was or is a close friend of Dimma.
Not sure Clarksons personality is going to work as an assistant. He either runs the show or is a no show

Reactions: 4 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Last I read was that there are 12 clubs interested in him. Hope we are one of them.
Also, it appears if Ross Lyon gets the coaching gig at I think Carlton or Collingwood...not sure about destination, he wants Lenny Hayes and McQualter from the tigers as assistant coaches.
If McQualter was to go then we have a vacant spot don't we?

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
We should chase Clarkson as hard as we can.

But no quite hard enough to manage to get his signature.

Simply pump up he price for any other club willing stump up the dollaroos.

*smile* the AFL and their *smile* soft-cap restrictions. So use it as an advantage and *smile* the other clubs looking to gain access to quality footy IQ.

Reactions: 2 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Bring back Newman as a senior assistant - possibly backline. Houli as a development/welfare coach. Maybe Darren Glass from the HAwks too?

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Anyone would think Clarkson has won the last five flags. Hawks have been crap for ages.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Dare say if Dimma wants Clarko coaching with him , he’ll be having the conversation with him over a beer very soon

Feb 25, 2007
Director of Footy, that would be clarko's position if we were to appoint him.

Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Clarko and Dimma are great mates. He’s already getting paid for next year by the hawks. I hope he’s prepared to take the year off full time coaching and gives Dimma a hand. For as many hours as he feels fit to contribute. It takes a bit of weight off Dimma’s shoulders and has a trusted mate to bounce ideas and strategies.
Won’t cost us anything in the Soft Cap (unless the filthy, corrupt AFL put his hawks wage against our cap)
Clarke keeps his hand in and footy iq ongoing pending a full time gig in 2023 and is refreshed for a new challenge.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Last I read was that there are 12 clubs interested in him. Hope we are one of them.
Also, it appears if Ross Lyon gets the coaching gig at I think Carlton or Collingwood...not sure about destination, he wants Lenny Hayes and McQualter from the tigers as assistant coaches.
If McQualter was to go then we have a vacant spot don't we?
If that is the case you would think we would be on top of the list.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I don’t think the AFL will allow multi-premiership coaches at the Tiges.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
out of all the things he could possibly do i don't see a menial assistants role for a 4 time premiership coach being one of them,

Reactions: 1 users