Club Statement re Shai | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Club Statement re Shai

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I've been where Bolton was & stood up for a mate in a fight who got king hit. It's all very admirable & PC from the club but unrealistic to expect friends to just walk away when their mate is attacked. Not saying it’s the right or wrong thing to do but you’re a better man or woman than me if you can watch something like that & do nothing.

Reactions: 21 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I've been where Bolton was & stood up for a mate in a fight who got king hit. It's all very admirable & PC from the club but unrealistic to expect friends to just walk away when their mate is attacked. Not saying it’s the right or wrong thing to do but you’re a better man or woman than me if you can watch something like that & do nothing.
I would use "different man" as opposed to "better man."

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I don't think the issue is the initial backing up, it's the wanting to go on with it afterwards that was seen as wrong.
Adrenaline coursing through his veins, no doubt.

I love the last line of the statement: "The club now considers the matter closed." Full stop.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Healthy masculinity, what to do when a stranger molests your girlfriend in a nightclub.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
rather than donate 20 grand to 'tomorrows man' aimed at alternative masculinities,

I reckon they should have given 40 grand to 'yesterdays men', which is an NGO aimed at making organisations run by unqualified, incompetent private school mates with their snouts in the trough, accountable and transparent.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
And the report in the age just then

Happy the donation isn't going into the afl coffers.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
It feel like Bolton has been hard done by out of all this. Involved himself in a physical situation after his teammate and friend was punched and girlfriend assaulted. Gets his wrist broken and misses games (and match payments) for his trouble. Is then (presumably) forced in to a public mea culpa for doing nothing more than what he has been implored to do since the moment he arrived at the RFC, support your teammates.

Reactions: 6 users

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Club - Nothing to see here.

Surprise eyewitness - Oh yeah this happened.

AFL - 20K

GO AWAY.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The headline on afl.com reads

'sorry bolton at fault.

*smile* me i hate these *smile* at AFL house.

so $hai molested and harrassed dannys girlfriend?

the other headline says

'tribunal: how plowman and holman get off'

*smile* me, you just have to :rotfl1

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Being a man sometimes means at some point in life you may regrettably have to punch some arsewipe in the face or cop one yourself. It's just part of the male experience in a not so perfect world. It may or may not happen to everyone but it's no big deal.

Reactions: 5 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
So how much is old mate that felt up Rioli's GF and then punched Rioli in the face donating? Has he even been charged with anything?

Yes, Shai may have exacerbated the situation but the situation isn't even a situation if old mate keeps his hands and his mouth to himself.

So the "stand up and fight abuse against women" means just say something like "one should keep their hands to their self old chap" and then walking off. Yeah, that will work.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
This will work to end the issue if the club, Bolton and Rioli refuse to answer anything on this.

If the AFL had a backbone and took notice of the advertising at AFL games they would say something about standing up against harassment of women, they chose not to.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
And the instigators sit in their glass houses and throw stones.
Or punches.
What a wonderful society.