C'mon Tiges! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

C'mon Tiges!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Krak hardly got off the bench.

Campbo's possessions were the soft easy kind. He dropped back as a loose man in defence a bit. Easy to get stats when at one stage 5 handalls were used to clear 50.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
It's not a critisism of Campbo, just a fact. Another fact is he got out on his own to get the ball 20 or so more times than a lot of his team mates.

I only posted that cos people were commenting on Campbo's stats.
Cogs only had 3 less but earned everyone of them the hard way.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Well I though Richo played very well tonight. Pity Staff and Ottens couldn't be of much help. Dutch did a good job on Carey in the first half. Fleming did well on McLeod but it was a pity about that free kick in the dying stages. Bowden needs to lift his game or do time in Coburg. Rogers goal kicking let us down tonight. How was that tackle on Johncock(?) Chaffey did - great stuff. Our players are very slow getting back on their feet. Did Richo hurt his hand or something towards the end of the game? I don't see how Danny can be blamed for tonight's loss. If the players had followed the game plan things might have been different. Even the commentators mentioned it. We had as many opportunities as the Crows but failed to convert. Kraks and Rodan really need to lift in their crumbing as well.

gdbarrett

Some more New-men please.
Jun 18, 2003
Albury
Good assessment Julzqld. I think tonight really highlighted that our problems run deeper than Richo and Frawley.
Agreed - We have real trouble in our forward line when the ball goes to ground. We need to have our crumbers be at our talls feet all night. Quite a few times Stafford and Richo had no ground support and we were found wanting.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Glad to have campbo back.

Nice to see Richo playing up the field.

Seemed like some of the Adelaide players were getting into Jonno a fair bit.

Annoyed at all the wasted opportunities.

Good to see Hyde given a go, seemed to do ok.

Overall i thought we put n a fair effort and played ok, Adelaide we just too good.

Worried Geelong will thump us next week....i can see it happening.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
rosy3 said:
Campbo's possessions were the soft easy kind. He dropped back as a loose man in defence a bit. Easy to get stats when at one stage 5 handalls were used to clear 50.

That he can touch the ball 26 times (even if they were all handball receives) after spending 2 months out injured speaks volumes for him.

haven't seen the game, did he run the whole game out or was he rested in the last quarter?

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Bazz said:
Good assessment Julzqld. I think tonight really highlighted that our problems run deeper than Richo and Frawley.
Agreed - We have real trouble in our forward line when the ball goes to ground. We need to have our crumbers be at our talls feet all night. Quite a few times Stafford and Richo had no ground support and we were found wanting.

I agree with what you're saying Bazz in terms of lack of crumbers at the fall of the ball with our current game plan (kicking long to tall targets). However ignoring for a moment that our list is sadly poor and needs a good clean out, IMO you can't fix that sort of game plan as it's now become all too predictable. We've been playing that style since 1965 when Len Smith introduced it so I'm not blaming Frawley as such but it's now well past its useby date. Once you designate certain players as goto men (especially forwards), oppositions quickly come up with ways (double/triple teaming) to target/counter it given the large amount of analysis clubs do these days before games. A non-richmond example is Stephen Milne. Last year he was cutting up his direct opponents and scoring goals every week but now opposition clubs know that to stop him all you need to do is clog the centre corridor in the St Kilda forward line and correl him towards the boundary.
IMO you no longer can say this player is a marking forward and that player is a crumber. A forwards role should swap and change depending on who is the BEST option to go to. If say krakouer is offering the better percentage lead then kick the ball out in front of him to run on and mark it and then let him have the set shot on goal. Don't just kick/bomb it to the tall FF because he is the tall FF.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
gustiger12 said:
Anyone forced to listen to the commentary on the AFL site. It would have to be the worst Commentary I have ever heard.

Comments like "Strike me Pink", the Sarge kick it long to the Champ????????? Adelaide are knocking up getting kicks......The stats are 52-50.......

One commentator just asked "Is Campbell playing?"

He is only our leading possession getter at the moment.

Now using some word "Ultracrapadarian"

"Dragicevic Geez there's some strange names in this Tiger line up."

"This is Crap, Crap"............

Shawry what is going on over there??????

Strike me Pink is KG's favorite line. 5AA are unashamadly biased they admit it and say that they are a Adelaide station and wil lbe bniased and cater for Adelaide fans. I dont listen to them.

If htey think Burton killed Tivendale they are a joke.

There was no breeze though, we had our chances and stuffed them up. When we were looking good i nthe 2nd and 3rd quarters and playing free running footall we could have won, then we went back to ugly football and they uilised it.

I honestly belive the Richmond coaching staff go into interstate games believing they are incapable of winning and just want ot minimise damage. Why else would w eflood. It is a disgrace.