Coburg go down to Werribee | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coburg go down to Werribee

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Coburg.....2.3...8.7.....10.12...14.16-100
Werribee..6.5...10.9...16.11...20.12-132

Coburg spent most of day playing catch up footy after the frist quarter. Got within a couple of kicks by half-time but messed around with the ball far too often and got themselves into trouble with ring-a-ring-a-rosie handball whereas Werribee were more direct and efficient. Special mention to the umpire who could not bounce the footy properly ::).

Of the Richmond guys:

Nichols, Krakouer and McGrath got a fair bit of it and Coburg looked more dangerous when Krakouer and McGrath linked up. McGrath played in defence, forward and midfield during the game. Probably tried to be a bit too clever with his natural skills on a few occasions.

Didn't see much of Pickering, Shultz and Sipthorp during the game. I doubt Vardy, Hyde, Mills and of course Bidders will be on our list after this year.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
Yeah, 'twas a bit of a crap game wasn't it.
I was a bit suprised that both Vardy and Schulz
played - I was expecting a "tall" to play tomorrow.

To many basic skill errors. They'll have to stop
training with Richmond ;)

It's early days yet tho' and there has been many
changes to the team as well as a new coach.

I'd give them a few more games before I decide
if we should call for the sacking of the coach ;D

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
I agree - very average game. I watched it on the abc, and the guy calling it sucked (Dave Lennon??). He continually got players names wrong.

I thought Flemming was good for the first half.

McGrath was good from the second quater and showed he is more than a one-trick pony from the goal sqaure.

And Krak was promising it bits and moved freely.

Is Kelvin more injured?

Now for the negatives.

Pickering, did jack and looks soft.

Nicholls was patchy at best - no form.

Hyde missed tagets.

Mills had a few touches as a receiver.

Shultz was beaten by Croft - but early days yet.

Sippa very quiet.

That Adelaide guy (no. 37 - help I'm tired) - a little bit in patches - but not enough. (I remember now - SHIR)

Oh yeah - i know he's not on the Richmond list, but son of Giesh looks likely?

Bidders proved why he should never play seniors again. Totally flogged in the back pocket.'

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
im not sure what was more frustrating!
*the sides lack of run all day.stop start stuff.
*the umpiring.
*the telecast itself.while you cant compare the abc to ch 9 etc you can compare with the sanfl and wafl telecast,s and boy it absolutely stinks.
*the new commentator ok granted it was his 1st game etc but by crikey he would want to improve a hell of a lot.
*"rosco" continually calling chris hyde.mathew hyde.
and the list goes on.
the game itself:
of the listed richmond players:
Mcgrath-actually tried his heart out altho he did mess up a few times a good learning curv.
Krakour-reasonable game considering coming back from a knee.
Flemming-not a promising start.
Nicholls-came alight in the 2nd qtr.
Mills-i use to be a mills fan but im afraid unless he has a dramatic turn around he wont last.
Biddescombe-drop him to the coburg 2nds.
Vardy-beaten to the ball by a 34 yr old. whats that tell you
Shultz-thinks wiser heads prevailed at tigerland this week.hardly seen but will be better for the run.
Sipthorpe-did he play?
Hyde-not to bad of a game for his standards.

coburg players:
Rode-liked his game very impressed with his foot skills for a big bloke.
Talbot-very dissapointing game from the capt.
Stienfort-his hair matched his form. all over the place.his high tackle in the 3rd was very undiciplined for a player of his stature.
Carlson-played well altho some of his efforts lacked a fair bit of class.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
johnson2richo2003 said:
*the new commentator ok granted it was his 1st game etc but by crikey he would want to improve a hell of a lot.
*"rosco" continually calling chris hyde.mathew hyde.

That drove me nuts too. Continually calling McGrath, Krakouer and Krakouer, McGrath. At one stage called Shultz, Matthew Hyde. Many other mistakes, I got so annoyed I started commentating myself.
"Steinfort rucks it down to Hyde. Hyde kicks it to Mills who runs past some Werribee hack bounces once twice kicks long... MARTTTTTYYYY."
ok that probably didn't happen in the game but you get the point ;D

Really frustrating game to watch Coburg kept making so many mistakes :(