Coburg vs Port Melbourne. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coburg vs Port Melbourne.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
Coburg Tigers v Port Melbourne
Sunday 4th July
Punt Road at 2.00pm

Coburg Tigers

B: Roach Young Jorgenson
HB: Gilmour Morrison Marsh
C: Rogers Dragicevic Houlihan
HF: Carlson Talbot Hartigan
F: Fiora Jackson Rayson
R: O'Connor Pagan Fletcher
Inter: Raines Foley Kuret Randello Maggiore
Daniher McDonald Carlyle

Port Melbourne

B: Urch LeCras Obst
HB: Schwarze Baird Sansbury
C: S. Clayton Robbins Watson
HF: Pitt Chad Jones Trotter
F: Shore McKernan S. Harvey
R: Hale Lawrence Gieschen
Inter: Grima Cheevers Cotchett McMahon Rudd
Gibson Rose Hooker

I'll be there YT. Am going with a mate from work and will be meeting up with my Dad also. Keep an eye out for us having a lick during the breaks and come over and have a kick and a chat. 8)

Just Back From Punt Road
we lost
8.17.65 to 14.10.94

Football Vic Results
Coburg Tigers
Goals: O’Connor 3, Houlihan 2, Roach, Hartigan, Raines 
Best: Jackson, O’Connor, Pagan, Rayson, Carlson

Port Melbourne
Goals: McKernan 3, Jones 2, Harvey 2, Hale, Obst, Schwarze, Trotter, Pitt, Clayton, Grima 
Best: Baird, Harvey, Clayton, Watson, Urch, Pitt, Sainsbury

Coburg lost.

... lost by 29 points (I think). Didn't keep a record this
time ... have to wait for the VFL site.

Apart from the first Quarter which was OK, and a bit of
a dip (if inaccurate) in the last, Coburg were crap. The
3rd Quarter was a killer - and McKernan was unstoppable.
:mad:

Coburg coaches are a disgrace too!

Gilmour, Roach, and Raines spent the first quarter on the bench. Then they were of and on all day while duds like Rogers played most of the game.

Richmond, do you ever learn? The reason you had a big crowd there today was sitting on the bench. Looking to the future are we? ****Sh**!

On another matter, there are a few player down at Coburg that are very unhappy due to the erratic coaching.

Dragga was clearly pissed off!

I think that after todays effort, Marsh and Morrison will struggle to play a senior game.

Thought Alex Gilmour had a go and young Tom Roach was impressive the way he throws himself around, not afraid to get in and have a go.

Tiggytam said:
I think that after todays effort, Marsh and Morrison will struggle to play a senior game.

If only Morro could once again hold a mark! What's up with
him? He drops nearly everything.

I thought that Marsh was actually a bit more mobile today
than he's been previously - but that's not saying a lot really
is it?

Action Jackson named in the best.What did you think of his game Baktiger?

Morrison has just lost all confidence, and cannot hold a mark, a number of times today the ball hit him in the head. Also got reported and will probably get a week or two.

To me it seems Morro thought he would come down to Richmond, slot in at CHF andhis AFL career would blossom. Unfortunately, he hasnt found it so easy, to the point where if he werent on our list, i would think he'd be in the Coburg reserves.

Today

Rogers - no good imho
Dragga - played well early then off the ground for some reason
Fiora - good game class above Coburg.
Morrison - Cant take a mark to save himself, frustrated!
Roach - good when he was on the ground.
Raines - ditto
Gilmour - ditto
Foley - ditto
Fletcher - dud, cant even get a kick at Coburg.
Houlihan - even bigger dud.

So fiora play well? what possie did he play

I see he wasnt in the best so he obviously wont be recalled this week...

game class above coburg? if he was so classy he woulda chopped up the opposition. he obviously didnt so he cant be that classy

evo said:
Action Jackson named in the best.What did you think of his game Baktiger?

He was up the other end from us mostly - we're forward
line monitors - but he's a good kick, seems to know where
the ball is going, and as others have said - doesn't mind
putting in the body - ie he's a tough one.

I cant believe what they did today at Coburg. Our crowds are low week in week out because our fans are sick to death of watching hacks like Rogers, Houlihan and Fletcher. So today when a large crowd of Richmond faithful turn up expecting to see the young talent of the future, we get Rogers and Fletcher on ball and Houlihan up forward while the future sits on the bench.

IT MADE ME VERY ANGRY!     

WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE LEARN?

Hear Hear, Cracker.

I've said this for weeks - How are the young kids gonna develop when they are either sitting on the bench or bunkered in the forward line when on the ground ?

Flood has a lot to answer for and it's not good enough.  He is obviously trying to scrape a few wins on the board to save his own ass.  How can hacks like Rogers, Fletcher, Dunc, Houlihan etc be played ahead of our future prospects.

How are these kids gonna develop their game.  On Club corner a few weeks a go Raines said that Flood had been using him off the bench as an "impact" player.  WTF ??  Impact player for what ?  What kind of development is he going to get when used as an impact player ?

Not good enough - Disgraceful !!