Consumer Affairs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Consumer Affairs

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Tiger74 said:
What everyones view on the beer companies sneaking in the 330ml stubbies instead of the traditional 375ml while keeping the price the same?
I'm suitably appalled.

Drink mainly home brews these days though, so doesn't have much effect.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
Tiger74 said:
What everyones view on the beer companies sneaking in the 330ml stubbies instead of the traditional 375ml while keeping the price the same?

Personally I would rather pay more than drink out of a damn "mini" - they just feel wrong when you hold them :(

I agree, and the little bottles don't fit my stubby holders. As long as Coopers stick with 375mL then I'm happy though.

Also how about the issue of imported beers now mostly being made locally? I have no issue with this, but would like a bit more price relief as its no longer "real" Heineken or Stella.

I don't have an issue. The locally brewed beer isn't that similar to the original (don't believe the marketing spin that says otherwise), but imported beer, especially the light lager styles, doesn't travel well at all so it is much of a muchness.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Tiger74 said:
Personally I would rather pay more than drink out of a damn "mini" - they just feel wrong when you hold them :(
Also how about the issue of imported beers now mostly being made locally? I have no issue with this, but would like a bit more price relief as its no longer "real" Heineken or Stella.

They're too small/narrow for my stubbie holder for a start.... :mad:
But this size problem doesn't stop with beer....look at Monte Carlo biscuits getting smaller, is the price increasing?
You bet it is!
Look at my favourite...the Fillet-o-Fish....that has become smaller and smaller...yet the price continues to rise.
And aren't Coke going to these skinny cans, like you get Red Bull in too?
It's all about profits and shareholders, Tiger74.

As for imported beer....yeah, another rip off.
Stella, Heineken...Becks is another one...all brewed here 'under license'.
Due to this, I've gone back to Aussie beer most of the time....because that is all I am getting anyway, so why pay for imported beer when it isn't imported?
Or I'll try some beer that isn't brewed here...like the original Bud from the Czech.Rep.....Kronenbourg from France...or something like that.
But most of the time....just stay with a Cascade or Boags.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Liverpool said:
They're too small/narrow for my stubbie holder for a start.... :mad:
But this size problem doesn't stop with beer....look at Monte Carlo biscuits getting smaller, is the price increasing?
You bet it is!
Look at my favourite...the Fillet-o-Fish....that has become smaller and smaller...yet the price continues to rise.
And aren't Coke going to these skinny cans, like you get Red Bull in too?
It's all about profits and shareholders, Tiger74.

As for imported beer....yeah, another rip off.
Stella, Heineken...Becks is another one...all brewed here 'under license'.
Due to this, I've gone back to Aussie beer most of the time....because that is all I am getting anyway, so why pay for imported beer when it isn't imported?
Or I'll try some beer that isn't brewed here...like the original Bud from the Czech.Rep.....Kronenbourg from France...or something like that.
But most of the time....just stay with a Cascade or Boags.

No issue with profits and so forth, but don't mess with my stubbies!

Also forgot to mention the alch content is being reduced by 1-2% to save on tax, but again no price reduction at our end.

Mess with my food and drinks, but leave my damn beer alone!!!!