Contract List | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Contract List

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Three more cubs in Gibcus, Ross and MRJ signed for two more years so can't be bad when these youngsters have as much faith in the club as the club has in them.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So thinking about how many spots we might have on the list.

I think our current lists are something like this. We started the year with 38 on the main list, 6 Cat A rookies, and 1 Cat B rookie (Colina) who I will ignore for the moment, as nothing changes there.

Main list - 38 - Out - Edwards, Lambert, Caddy. In - Taranto = So currently we are at 36. If as expected Hopper comes in and Soldo out then we remain at 36.
Rookie list - 6 - Out Parker, In - Bauer. So still at 6.

For our rookies. we moved Biggie and Miller on the rookie list in 2021 so both can remain there for 2023. Parker has gone. I think Pickett and Stack have been there since 2019 (4 years, they got the extra list as the AFL allowed a carryover year following covid), so I think both Pickett and Stack need to be promoted (if we retain Stack - hopefully we do).

So if we keep Stack, then our main list moves to 38 and our rookie list drops to 4.

We have 6 out of contract I think.

Main list - RCD and Martyn
Rookie list - Biggie, Stack, Aarts
Cat B rookie - Colina

Colina and Biggie will be given extensions you'd think and as above hopefully Stack too, which leaves us with RCD, Martyn and Aarts.

We have 2 free spots and those 3, do we delist / trade any of them / all of them and see what we can do.

If we trade / delist RCD or Martyn we will need some picks in 2022 which we don't have any at this stage, maybe we will trade back in or we trade RCD for something?

Personally I think we will delist Martyn, we'll look to trade RCD but if no takers we will keep him on cheap coin (otherwise we keep Aarts) and we will go to the draft with 4 picks. 1/2 in the ND and 2/3 in the RD. Probably at least one of those rookie picks will be carried over for the pre season supplemental period.

Thoughts?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
So thinking about how many spots we might have on the list.

I think our current lists are something like this. We started the year with 38 on the main list, 6 Cat A rookies, and 1 Cat B rookie (Colina) who I will ignore for the moment, as nothing changes there.

Main list - 38 - Out - Edwards, Lambert, Caddy. In - Taranto = So currently we are at 36. If as expected Hopper comes in and Soldo out then we remain at 36.
Rookie list - 6 - Out Parker, In - Bauer. So still at 6.

For our rookies. we moved Biggie and Miller on the rookie list in 2021 so both can remain there for 2023. Parker has gone. I think Pickett and Stack have been there since 2019 (4 years, they got the extra list as the AFL allowed a carryover year following covid), so I think both Pickett and Stack need to be promoted (if we retain Stack - hopefully we do).

So if we keep Stack, then our main list moves to 38 and our rookie list drops to 4.

We have 6 out of contract I think.

Main list - RCD and Martyn
Rookie list - Biggie, Stack, Aarts
Cat B rookie - Colina

Colina and Biggie will be given extensions you'd think and as above hopefully Stack too, which leaves us with RCD, Martyn and Aarts.

We have 2 free spots and those 3, do we delist / trade any of them / all of them and see what we can do.

If we trade / delist RCD or Martyn we will need some picks in 2022 which we don't have any at this stage, maybe we will trade back in or we trade RCD for something?

Personally I think we will delist Martyn, we'll look to trade RCD but if no takers we will keep him on cheap coin (otherwise we keep Aarts) and we will go to the draft with 4 picks. 1/2 in the ND and 2/3 in the RD. Probably at least one of those rookie picks will be carried over for the pre season supplemental period.

Thoughts?
Personally im in the camp we delist Martyn (i dont believe he has any other role apart from inside mid and he is not getting games ahead of anybody else on the list in his position) Aarts who is a rookie but we now have no need for him as a mid or a small foward and is only 3rd rate depth

Stack is an interesting player , All the talent in the world but no work ethic and preoccupied with other things , Coaches and club will know if to give him another year/chance but is in a bad position because he must be upgraded and cant be retained as a rookie.

RCD i would like o see kept for 1 more year mainly based on glimpses of VFL form and to me looks like a late developer but could also be a total bust but he is our bust and not going to lose value which he doesnt have and in a weak draft would have more chance than pick #60

Out: Edwards , Lambert , Caddy (retired) Martyn , Parker , Aarts delisted

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
So based on those minimal changes, Hopper and Taranto are a significant upgrade on Edwards and Lamberts 2022 form.

Add some continued development with MJ, Cumberland, Hugo and Millar who all took big steps this year, and baring any second year blues from Sonsie, Gibs etc, we should see some decent improvement in the best 22 next year (baring injuries)

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
So based on those minimal changes, Hopper and Taranto are a significant upgrade on Edwards and Lamberts 2022 form.

Add some continued development with MJ, Cumberland, Hugo and Millar who all took big steps this year, and baring any second year blues from Sonsie, Gibs etc, we should see some decent improvement in the best 22 next year (baring injuries)
Then you just throw in a rejuvenated Dusty

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Is really going to depend on our older players not missing too many games. 2023 starts with 8 players over 30, 9 if you count Broad who turns 30 in April.

• Wow

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Is really going to depend on our older players not missing too many games. 2023 starts with 8 players over 30, 9 if you count Broad who turns 30 in April.
Big question marks over Nank, Dion, Grimesy, Dusty and Cotch. All are still playing vital roles. I've been worried about speed and durability for the last two years. Geelong were able to nurse Selwood and Dangerfield through the season. Not sure that we can do this.

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Big question marks over Nank, Dion, Grimesy, Dusty and Cotch. All are still playing vital roles. I've been worried about speed and durability for the last two years. Geelong were able to nurse Selwood and Dangerfield through the season. Not sure that we can do this.
We are going to have too!

Some of our youngsters in the VFL are going to have to take the next step to allow some nursing of the players you have mention Achilles.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

I think we will be better placed to nurse older players this year due to Taranto and hopefully Hopper coming in and quite a few young players getting a good run of games last season (Gibcus, MRJ, Clarke, Sonsie, Ralphsmith, Cumberland).

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think we will be better placed to nurse older players this year due to Taranto and hopefully Hopper coming in and quite a few young players getting a good run of games last season (Gibcus, MRJ, Clarke, Sonsie, Ralphsmith, Cumberland).

I agree. The one that may not is Nank, but the other 4 stated it comes with either our new players, positional or our depth.

For example, Grimes / Gibcus, Cotch and Dion / Hopper and Taranto, and Dusty will play forward which will manage him somewhat.

Reactions: 1 user