What a LADY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What a LADY

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Just finished reading the article on Peggy O'Neil in the Weekend edition of the Herald Sun.
Titled "I was an Outsider."
The comment I would make is that that woman is a lady in every respect.
Not only has she and Brendan Gale steered the club to success, but together they have added class to our club.
Also she oozes calmness under stress, and considered everything in a calm and serene way.
Wish her all the best in her new roles, and she will be sorely missed as our President.

• Love
Reactions: 34 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Well said @graystar1

Peggy strikes me as being that rare type of club President who can/will continue to make a positive contribution to the club without undermining or destabilising the new President.

All power to her!

Reactions: 5 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Say what you want about Americans but they have a culture of volunteering/philanthropy that is deeply embedded and respected. Good on ya Peggy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I have never met her but she would be the best appointment this club has made in its history.

The theory a women can't administrate a Sporting club has ended on the back of her achievements at Punt Rd.

Congratulations to a Wonderful lady

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
We need a Peggy O'Neil Stand
in my opinion i would love to see the club honour Peggy, Benny and Dimma with a statue of all three together
something similar the "holy trinity " statue that is outside Old Trafford
the statue im referring to is of George Best, Sir Bobby Charlton and Denis Law
just a suggestion, but it would awesome to see these 3 amazing people honoured in such a way for bringing the Tigers back after such a long lean period

Reactions: 6 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
in my opinion i would love to see the club honour Peggy, Benny and Dimma with a statue of all three together
just a suggestion, but it would awesome to see these 3 amazing people honoured in such a way for bringing the Tigers back after such a long lean period
No argument from me on that score.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I just read the Balme book. Super interesting. Basically prevents organisations from *smile* themselves over, stops individuals self sabotaging and enables what is possible. He needs a separate statue in the background looking on.

Agree on the sentiments above.

Reactions: 3 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Outstanding leader Peggy , a clear and progressive thinker she has been at the helm steering the ship in a golden era that has put our club back on the map thriving against a backdrop of competitive levers designed to crush dynasties , they’ll be a statue of peggy one day and well deserved too

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I just read the Balme book. Super interesting. Basically prevents organisations from *smile* themselves over, stops individuals self sabotaging and enables what is possible. He needs a separate statue in the background looking on.

Balmey was the catalyst for everything that has followed his arrival at the RFC.

The greatest thing Benny Gale has done as CEO was quickly pouncing on Balmey and bringing him home when the Maggots stiffed him.

No coincidence Cats were Kings when he was there, and Maggots won a flag with him there.

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
We will miss Peggy's drive but know she will still be in the background helping our great club. However we welcome John O'Rorke
who will no doubt carry on promoting us

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Add Balmey as well and Skippa Chimp !!

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Just finished reading the article on Peggy O'Neil in the Weekend edition of the Herald Sun.
Titled "I was an Outsider."
The comment I would make is that that woman is a lady in every respect.
Not only has she and Brendan Gale steered the club to success, but together they have added class to our club.
Also she oozes calmness under stress, and considered everything in a calm and serene way.
Wish her all the best in her new roles, and she will be sorely missed as our President.

Can anyone post a copy - would love to read……

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
With all due respect too all 3.
Our greatest coach in our History hasn't got a statue.Dimma may get to Tom Hafeys record before his time is up hopefully but it'll be disrespectful too the Hafey family if Dimma gets one.

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003

i forgot about the great man Balmey

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
Our greatest coach in our History hasn't got a statue.Dimma may get to Tom Hafeys record before his time is up hopefully but it'll be disrespectful too the Hafey family if Dimma gets one.
fair call mate

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Agree totally.
It was Hafey that inspired the Tigers back in those dark days to premierships.
He was the one that took us to the promised land.
If there is a past coach deserving a statue it is him..if statues are the be all and end all.
Probably would be defaced or pulled down by some activists, who hate Richmond.

Reactions: 2 users