Coronavirus grand final. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus grand final.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The AFL poured over $27million in to the Suns last year, I don't think they, or other clubs will be getting much in the way of hand outs this year.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
The sheer size of our country will make us a lot safer than most.
For example, we are 26 times the size of Italy & have slightly more than a third of their population 23M-60M
We have on average 336574 sqm per person, they have 5000sqm

But we don’t live in most of this area. We have reasonably dense population in our cities so not sure the logic holds although potentially can be controlled to different urban areas. One case in Timbuktu won’t get someone in Melbourne though.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
west coast and Collingwood screwed if this happens. Umpire noise of affirmation gone. Tigers probably helped as we tend to have a voice of disapproval (read our *smile* chant stemming back to 95 final series) which must *smile* the umpires off.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
The AFL will be hellbent on getting the first round played with crowds, and then all other games played with/without crowds for the tv.
That is where the $$$$ are

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
For all those thinking this is an over reaction, looking at the AFLs love of the $$$, do you really think they would consider losing considerable revenue all because of made up hype? Seriously?
Gill the Dill announced it with gritted teeth....

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
But we don’t live in most of this area. We have reasonably dense population in our cities so not sure the logic holds although potentially can be controlled to different urban areas. One case in Timbuktu won’t get someone in Melbourne though.
hey, when i joined PRE 16 years ago, no-one said all my posts had to be logical

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
The AFL will be hellbent on getting the first round played with crowds, and then all other games played with/without crowds for the tv.
That is where the $$$$ are
Funny enough they have confirmed that round 1 to go ahead as planned....

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
west coast and Collingwood screwed if this happens. Umpire noise of affirmation gone. Tigers probably helped as we tend to have a voice of disapproval (read our *smile* chant stemming back to 95 final series) which must **** the umpires off.

1995? I remember bulls*** chants back in the 70s, coming from the cheer squad up on the first (and only) deck of the Southern Stand behind the Punt Rd goals.

As for cancelling the footy, let's see what develops, at the moment we have 18 cases in Victoria. Yes, prepare for the worst, yes, try and avoid the worst, but let's not over-react.

DS

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Did I hear right GWS in lockdown?
Footy department for the next 2-3 weeks?
[/QUOTE]virus" Cost us the prelim 2018..

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
west coast and Collingwood screwed if this happens. Umpire noise of affirmation gone. Tigers probably helped as we tend to have a voice of disapproval (read our *smile* chant stemming back to 95 final series) which must **** the umpires off.
Even worse think of how audible Razor Ray will be across the TF.