Coronavirus grand final. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus grand final.

What’s with the whole toilet paper thing anyway?

in event of societal collapse, it’s nothing a cloth and a bucket of water couldn’t fix

I know a bloke who hasn't bought dunny paper for 20 years.

he has a 2 litre plastic milk bottle with a 5mm hole in the lid he squirts his date clean with.

shhhhhhhh, or there could be a run on 2L plastic milk bottles

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I was in Coles earlier when they brought in a new pallet of dunny rolls. I'm all good but there were people with two and three packs of 24.

"*smile* me dead you people are morons," I might have said aloud.

Reactions: 2 users
Find it amazing people with corona virus end up at music festivals, night clubs and sporting events. Is it really that bad?
I get a sore throat and I’m in bed for two days.

Find it amazing people with corona virus end up at music festivals, night clubs and sporting events. Is it really that bad?
I get a sore throat and I’m in bed for two days.
You had Man Flu. Different strain.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep. But no doubt much worse.
Luckily man flu rarely kills ya, just sits ya on your arse for a couple of days of sookin n moanin. Couple of hot toddys of an evening just to help ya sleep n the world is all rosy for a little while.

Isn't this what the AFL and TV stations always wanted - no crowds at the footy means they can start scheduling games midweek without fan backlash and cash in on bigger TV rights and advertising deals. I remember years ago it was reported how the AFL/Channel 7 had toyed with the idea of faking the crowd by using crowd graphics on midweek telecasts so that the game was aesthetically pleasing and the audience at home still had the feeling of atmosphere at games. We'd end up random time slots such as Tuesday night footy with a packed virtual crowd, but in reality be played in front of no one.

Only coming into mid 60's at the moment so not quite up to your old mans age, but I'll be going to the footy every week until they lock me out. Won't be prancing around with no *smile* face mask or spare bog rolls either.

******* mass hysteria over a glorified flu bug n the whole ******* world is gunna implode up it's own ********.

I got my tickets and I'm going, reserved a good seat for Round 1 too, seemed to get a choice when booking Roaming Tiger seats.

But, I was thinking about the infection rate this morning.
  • Victoria has, what, 5,000,000 people.
  • We have, as of this morning, 21 cases of COVID-19 identified in Victoria.
  • That would be 0.00042% of the population
  • This means that, if we assume 90,000 turn up for round 1 there should be 0.378 people at the ground with COVID-19.

I'm going.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
The funny thing about The Great Toilet Paper Panic 2020 is that literally the day before it started, I was in Aldi, needing bog roll. Now, I live alone and walk to the shops, so I only ever buy what I can fit in my backpack. For poo tickets, this means a 6-pack. But looking at the fully stacked shelves, staring me in the face is a 24-pack of 3-ply, for 7 bucks. "My god, I'd be losing money not to buy it," I think, and carry the bulky package 1.5km home.

So, in summary, I'm selling bog rolls for a fiver each.
So you started it....those canny shoppers said that Spook only ever buys 6 packs ....look he has a slab today something must be up, we better stock up too.

If they started playing behind closed doors you'd hope Seven start televising all matches FTA. Or existing season ticket members get a free foxtel subscription for as long as the lockout stays in place.

I was thinking about the infection rate this morning.
  • This means that, if we assume 90,000 turn up for round 1 there should be 0.378 people at the ground with COVID-19.

They're presumably in hospital or home detention and not the ones you should be concerned about. Even after three months only 0.0056% of China has been infected.

Dragged myself along to a 2017 game with pneumonia (the horrible St.Kilda game). Maybe a couple of flags in the interim has made me less inclined to do stupid sh!t. Probability says you're very unlikely to catch it at this game, but you'd want to be sure of your variables.

Last edited:
Luckily man flu rarely kills ya, just sits ya on your arse for a couple of days of sookin n moanin. Couple of hot toddys of an evening just to help ya sleep n the world is all rosy for a little while.

Better share your Hot Toddy recipe TM, there'll be quite a few folks that'll need 'em soon enough. :oops:

I can see games being postponed or cancelled if a player tests positive and the whole team being quarantined, as happened last week with arsenal in the EPL

The season could even be cancelled part way through. What if teams have to be placed in quarantine more than once over the season. What are they going to do extend the season to the end of October / November to allow those sides to get their full quota of games played and have the granny played in summer conditions. The season cannot be allowed to go on if all teams dont play their full quota. Say we miss the granny due to this scenario, whoever wins it will do so unfairly. It will bring the game into disrepute and the winner should not be acknowledged. Ive said it previously the only way our dynasty is going to be halted is through this caronavirus. Just our luck this happens in the midst of what could be our most successful era ever.

The season could even be cancelled part way through. What if teams have to be placed in quarantine more than once over the season. What are they going to do extend the season to the end of October / November to allow those sides to get their full quota of games played and have the granny played in summer conditions.

Was talking to a mate who owns horses about this possibility last week... could have the GF clashing with the Melbourne Cup.

Yes it's very bad timing for the Richmond FC. With our mature best 22, we might come back after a year without footy to find that the balance of power has shifted. Better now than 2017, though.

AFL season could only extend if they have the grounds. How many of the premier AFL ovals are pre-booked for Cricket come October onwards

I got my tickets and I'm going, reserved a good seat for Round 1 too, seemed to get a choice when booking Roaming Tiger seats.

But, I was thinking about the infection rate this morning.

I'm going.

DS
I'll be there too, David.

:cool:My rationale is that the 0.378 prick is sitting in the Scum cheer squad so won't be anywhere near us.