Coronavirus grand final. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus grand final.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
I think folks are confusing lethality with widespread disruption.

we don’t know much yet but on current evidence this is a virus that wastes no time on vulnerable people whilst barely affecting most.

so it might not affect the man in the street but that doesn’t mean it won’t have potential for huge impact on a country with a population skewed to boomers.

boomers who spend more than anyone else, travel more than anyone else, live better than anyone else.

if containment is correctly implemented, and that’s a big if, countless businesses can be saved, big and small.

from there, best scenario is a vaccine by the time the next northern flu season rolls around.

yes, flu is a factor because that’s when most countries health systems are already at breaking point.

worse case is that the strain of corona virus mutates into something else.

but the main point here is that the priority at the moment is the protection of a fragile economy, not barring the door against a rampaging killer virus.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
i want to go to the footy next week as badly as anyone . I also want to know it’s safe to do so, especially as I’m taking my 75 year old Dad along. Have questioned why the GP is going ahead in the midst of the coronavirus & despite my heart bleeding yellow & black, my head wonders if it’s really a good idea that we’re packing 80k into the same location. Just hope money isn’t overruling common sense & that if the medical professionals need to make a tough call so be it. I’ll watch it on the TV if need be.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Just wait for the Northern Hemisphere to get into warmer summer weather and this will be forgotten.

Why is that? Southern hemisphere then moves into the winter zone. Experts say it's too early to say if it's a seasonal virus however it is true conditions for corona type viruses are typically more potent in winter. Personally I think cases will increase substantially in Australia over the coming months as this one is quite viral, easy to catch. How containment will be handled by the governments is the question. Banning of large congregations of people is highly possible. I hope it does just peter off and goes away but just in case I'm off now to buy a crate load of toilet paper.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
What’s with the whole toilet paper thing anyway?

in event of societal collapse, it’s nothing a cloth and a bucket of water couldn’t fix

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

in event of societal collapse, it’s nothing a cloth and a bucket of water couldn’t fix

Haha, I was actually thinking about that while sitting on the throne, counting my remaining rolls. Not perfect, but definitely effective.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

People are morons, thats what it shows. To paraphrase The Shovel your IQ is 150 less the amount of toilet rolls you have.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
People are morons, thats what it shows. To paraphrase The Shovel your IQ is 150 less the amount of toilet rolls you have.

60 is still pretty good, isn't it?

(FWIW I bulk-purchased from Campbells weeks ago, as is my habit when running low, and wasn't part of the stampede.)

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The funny thing about The Great Toilet Paper Panic 2020 is that literally the day before it started, I was in Aldi, needing bog roll. Now, I live alone and walk to the shops, so I only ever buy what I can fit in my backpack. For poo tickets, this means a 6-pack. But looking at the fully stacked shelves, staring me in the face is a 24-pack of 3-ply, for 7 bucks. "My god, I'd be losing money not to buy it," I think, and carry the bulky package 1.5km home.

So, in summary, I'm selling bog rolls for a fiver each.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

coz when 1 person sneezes in public 100 people sh!t themsleves.

Plumbers should be doing a roaring trade installing bidets :)

and fixing blocked pipes when people flush paper towels and baby wipes down the toilet.

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
i want to go to the footy next week as badly as anyone . I also want to know it’s safe to do so, especially as I’m taking my 75 year old Dad along. Have questioned why the GP is going ahead in the midst of the coronavirus & despite my heart bleeding yellow & black, my head wonders if it’s really a good idea that we’re packing 80k into the same location. Just hope money isn’t overruling common sense & that if the medical professionals need to make a tough call so be it. I’ll watch it on the TV if need be.
Only coming into mid 60's at the moment so not quite up to your old mans age, but I'll be going to the footy every week until they lock me out. Won't be prancing around with no *smile* face mask or spare bog rolls either.

*smile* mass hysteria over a glorified flu bug n the whole *smile* world is gunna implode up it's own *smile*.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Only coming into mid 60's at the moment so not quite up to your old mans age, but I'll be going to the footy every week until they lock me out. Won't be prancing around with no *smile* face mask or spare bog rolls either.

******* mass hysteria over a glorified flu bug n the whole ******* world is gunna implode up it's own ********.

Team coloured face masks could be a thing. And a good business idea