Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

The small, loud & frustrated minority are getting tedious. They're not quite the people power they think they are. Backlash will come hard if they look to unsettle things..
The backlash if there ever is one must always come in the form of more conversation focused solely on their ideas and not on them as individuals or as a kind of tribe of people. Many non vaxxers or organic fundamentalists or libertarians (Gia?) are smart and as committed to their beliefs as any, and the last thing we need is yet another group claiming victimhood in which their tribal identity rather then their regressive ideas are the centre of focus.

Played basketball last night for first time in forever. Teammate has covid about 4 weeks ago. Appears he caught it from a mechanic he had no direct contact with. He had one vax shot. He is 40 and fit. As in very healthy. Surfs/gym/runs. He said it was a shocker. He could not take 10 steps without stopping. Couldn't breathe properly for days. Was at home almost all time except called ambulance at one stage. About 2 days of sever symptoms but says he feels pretty good now.

Reactions: 1 user
Played basketball last night for first time in forever. Teammate has covid about 4 weeks ago. Appears he caught it from a mechanic he had no direct contact with. He had one vax shot. He is 40 and fit. As in very healthy. Surfs/gym/runs. He said it was a shocker. He could not take 10 steps without stopping. Couldn't breathe properly for days. Was at home almost all time except called ambulance at one stage. About 2 days of sever symptoms but says he feels pretty good now.
It's amazing how differently it affects people. I work with a woman in her early 30s who tested positive. Her sister is a couple of years older and both still live at home with their parents who I imagine are late 50s early 60s. The sister contracted the virus and passed it on to the other 3 in the family. My colleague said not one of them were even a little bit sick. I can't recall exactly but I believe none of them were vaccinated. My colleague definitely wasn't; she was due to get her first shot the day after she tested positive.

The small, loud & frustrated minority are getting tedious. They're not quite the people power they think they are. Backlash will come hard if they look to unsettle things..
Anti-vaxxers lost the war, they need to accept that.

Singapore Government just announced that going forward, anyone who chooses not to be vaccinated will have to pay their own medical bills if they contract COVID. They can still tap into the their insurance and what not, but it's no longer Government funded. It's going to be harder for the unwashed to stay that way for much longer.

Reactions: 2 users
Philadephia 76ers star NBA player Joel Embiid tests positive to Covid despite being double vaxxed & has symptoms.
Is out indefinitely along with a few of his team mates & staff.
That ain't good. If we're seeing that in the US it could happen here with the AFL.
Vaccines reduce the severity of symptoms & transmission but it's not foolproof & Covid could yet prove very disruptive for our sport next season..:(

It's amazing how differently it affects people. I work with a woman in her early 30s who tested positive. Her sister is a couple of years older and both still live at home with their parents who I imagine are late 50s early 60s. The sister contracted the virus and passed it on to the other 3 in the family. My colleague said not one of them were even a little bit sick. I can't recall exactly but I believe none of them were vaccinated. My colleague definitely wasn't; she was due to get her first shot the day after she tested positive.

Geez, that's bad timing.

It does affect people very differently and you do wonder if there will be longer term effects even for those who recover. I'm sure there are plenty who have been infected who don't even know.

DS

Philadephia 76ers star NBA player Joel Embiid tests positive to Covid despite being double vaxxed & has symptoms.
Is out indefinitely along with a few of his team mates & staff.
That ain't good. If we're seeing that in the US it could happen here with the AFL.
Vaccines reduce the severity of symptoms & transmission but it's not foolproof & Covid could yet prove very disruptive for our sport next season..:(

i think he is about the 4th on the 76ers to test positive, but the show goes on.
While there is a chance some footballers will contract it and miss games, the likelihood of teams going down, and the season being interrupted are slim. IMO.

It because we are a progressive liberal democracy that "toxic" minorities are accommodated.
In other regimes toxic minorities are found in gulags, re education camps, or mass unmarked graves.
Flat Earth Society have started a campaign against some of them getting rejected from qualifying as sea-captains or airline-pilots given the number of anti-vaxxers allowed into the medical professions.

• Angry
As much as I’m not a trump fan his government did back in operation warp speed. Kind of crazy that so many republicans anti vax. Found this relatively brief podcast on the economics of it but moreso with the interviewee who championed it fascinating. That dude a bit flawed as well unfortunately.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/05/1053003777/moonshot-in-the-arm

Quite amazing that the various arms of government managed to sneak it past him.

Reckon the rest of the Carlton playing group would be pretty unhappy that the player's name has been suppressed. Casts doubt on all of them.

I can’t understand why the Carlton player won’t come forward. Anti-vaxxers have been pretty open about shoving their crazy views down our throats. Even that Adelaide AFLW player has been openly protesting.

The only reason why I think this player chooses to remain silent is because they do intend on getting vaccinated by the cut-off date, so is grandstanding right now to make some misguided point.