Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Lookout for a similar announcement from Dan. Reckon he will start to follow the NSW lead on covid.

Andrews has already said they will not be opening to the unvaxxed before 2023. Honestly, I’m not sure why you would do it at all. Keep the pressure going.

Reactions: 1 user
Happy to see vax rates now reported as 12 & over rather than 16, gives a better picture.

Eighty one per cent of Victorians aged 12 and over are fully vaccinated against the virus. As of this morning, Victoria is counting vaccinated residents aged 12 and over, instead of 16 and over, in its vaccination updates.

yep, rules have already changed. vaxed teachers only have to isolate until they get test results, unvaxed classmates 14 days (might be 7 now), and families of those classmates dont have to isolate, or get tested.
A guy I work with was told to pick his kids up as the school was closing. Although there was no requirement for him and his family, other than the child, to get tested, the school told them they all needed to be tested.

So, he left work, packed the family into the car and all went off to go and get tested. 3 of the 4 returned negative results, the wife, vaccinated, returned a positive. As they all live together, they are all required to isolate for 14 days.

I suggested that he should get tested every day or two, because, it would be pretty annoying doing 13 days of isolation, and then doing the day 13 test only to receive a positive result, so the clock starts again. At least if you test positive on day 3 or 5, that's when the timer starts.

Anyway, as of yesterday, probably day 10, numerous tests conducted, he, vaccinated, and the children, unable to be vaccinated, have returned negative results. The wife has had zero symptoms, and has not been allowed to be retested to check if it was a false positive.

A guy I work with was told to pick his kids up as the school was closing. Although there was no requirement for him and his family, other than the child, to get tested, the school told them they all needed to be tested.

So, he left work, packed the family into the car and all went off to go and get tested. 3 of the 4 returned negative results, the wife, vaccinated, returned a positive. As they all live together, they are all required to isolate for 14 days.

I suggested that he should get tested every day or two, because, it would be pretty annoying doing 13 days of isolation, and then doing the day 13 test only to receive a positive result, so the clock starts again. At least if you test positive on day 3 or 5, that's when the timer starts.

Anyway, as of yesterday, probably day 10, numerous tests conducted, he, vaccinated, and the children, unable to be vaccinated, have returned negative results. The wife has had zero symptoms, and has not been allowed to be retested to check if it was a false positive.
We need to relax rules on this ASARP with vaccination levels ever increasing.

Reactions: 2 users
We need to relax rules on this ASARP with vaccination levels ever increasing.
Yes. It's bordering on ridiculous at this stage.

If you are vaccinated, it's reasonably unlikely that you will get terribly sick. Those not yet vaccinated, it's reasonably unlikely that they will get vaccinated, and they are probably a bit of a bozo. If they do then get terribly sick, well, so be it.

People need to be able to learn, work, play and live.

It's beyond time to stop protecting the unprotected.

I'll also add that the guy I mentioned earlier has, largely, been privileged enough to be able to work throughout the shutdowns.

Andrews has already said they will not be opening to the unvaxxed before 2023. Honestly, I’m not sure why you would do it at all. Keep the pressure going.

That lasted a while. Dan appears to be making it up as he goes now. Putting a few u-turns in the roadmap.

The NSW 12-15 year olds must be really dragging the chain. The plus 16s get to 90 on the weekend, yet it takes 7 weeks to get the 12 plus to 90. The Big V get them over the line in the blink of eye , 3 days.

NSW aren't dragging the chain with 12-15 year olds. I'm guessing its an error the COVID Base kids are yet to pick up on.

That lasted a while. Dan appears to be making it up as he goes now. Putting a few u-turns in the roadmap.

Is that a reference to Victoria opening the NSW border to the unvaxxed? I don’t agree with it, but how that can be policed anyway…? They can't have checkpoints on the border forever.

Is that a reference to Victoria opening the NSW border to the unvaxxed? I don’t agree with it, but how that can be policed anyway…? They can't have checkpoints on the border forever.

Didn't you note Andrews said we were not opening up to the unvaccinated until 2023?

Didn't you note Andrews said we were not opening up to the unvaccinated until 2023?
Andrews said that people in Victoria who are not vaccinated will have restrictions on where they can go and what they can do.
I dont think he mentioned borders.

NSW aren't dragging the chain with 12-15 year olds. I'm guessing its an error the COVID Base kids are yet to pick up on.

Yet you want checkpoints at the butcher and bakery and hairdresser forever.

So Ian just made that up?

I'd say Ian is referring to opening up to business, not private homes. As far as I know there's never been a ban on hosting un-vaccinated people privately, only a recommendation not to. We've got a local un-vaccinated population in Vic, so there's no point preventing border crossings. They can't do much while they're here.

Reactions: 3 users
Yet you want checkpoints at the butcher and bakery and hairdresser forever.

I don’t think it’s hard for businesses to ask to see vaccine passports. and besides, do we have any other choice? Hopefully we reach a stage where COVID is vaccinated out of existence (like polio). But we aren’t there yet.

Reactions: 1 users
They appear to have stopped giving age and vaccination breakdowns of Victorian Covid deaths. Anyone know if that data is readily available anywhere?

I see WA have made an announcement that they will open at 90% which they expect to happen late Jan or Feb 2022. They won’t make another announcement until they are at 80%. This is very welcome news.

But I wonder how they are going to encourage the 90% to be done as 90% without mandates is a big ask.

I don’t think it’s hard for businesses to ask to see vaccine passports. and besides, do we have any other choice? Hopefully we reach a stage where COVID is vaccinated out of existence (like polio). But we aren’t there yet.
you need an extra person standing at the door full time.