Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Un

Not until the unvaxxed are allowed into venues as well perhaps
It is a fair point. Proof of vax can be shown without the need to scan in. and now it appears the gov arent going to be contact tracing, and surely businesses dont have access to the QR records so what is the point?

Kill the QR (and Andrews, Sutton and anyone else we want) might be the new chant at protests.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

It literally took me 15 seconds to find the Pfizer data on their booster shot. If he's a researcher, he's a pretty crap one.

Also, does he really think that Czechia is Chechyna? 1 is the Czech Republic and the other is a region of Russia.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Merck voluntarily withdrew Vioxx from the market in 2004. Research published in the medical journal Lancet estimates that 88,000 Americans had heart attacks from taking Vioxx, and 38,000 of them died..

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Drug manufacturers are more motivated to keep you on their drugs, than actually cure your illness — because they will get paid more money.
A report, titled “The Genome Revolution,” asked clients,“Is curing patients a sustainable business model?”

Goldman Sachs’ analyst Salveen Richter and colleagues answered with, “The potential to deliver ‘one shot cures’ is one of the most attractive aspects of gene therapy, genetically engineered cell therapy, and gene editing. However, such treatments offer a very different outlook with regard to recurring revenue versus chronic therapies… While this proposition carries tremendous value for patients and society, it could represent a challenge for genome medicine developers looking for sustained cash flow.”

The report went on to demonstrate the case of Gilead Sciences, which markets treatments for hepatitis C that have cure rates exceeding 90 percent. In 2015, the company’s hepatitis C treatment sales peaked at $12.5 billion. But as more people were cured and there were fewer infected individuals to spread the disease, sales began to languish. Goldman Sachs analysts estimate that the treatments will bring in less than $4 billion this year.

Remember the old drug Industry motto. Every patient cured is a customer lost.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
A poster raised it on Twitter but how much longer are we going to need to scan QR codes? Hopefully they'll be gone soon.

a mates missus got Covid recently - double vaxed, mid 50's, healthy, very reliable source of info. put her in bed for 3 days, like influenza, but she's bounced back.

she said the health dept who gave her a follow up call after + test said they don't bother contact tracing anymore.

which made me wonder the same question.

its hearsay, but I've given up on the QR codes based on this.

I never entered competitions for free holidays on the counter of fish and chip shops,

and im not gonna generate a pile of useless data everywhere I go.

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Here Roar. Knock yourself out!

What’s the point you wanted to make? I imagine we are aligned that big Pharma works capitalism hard creating demand where there is some/none to sell as Much as it can and especially create repeat business if possible.

We should challenge if boosters are worth the risk or not but yep potentially a lucrative model has been set up.

It’s one of the huge flaws of capitalism that values consumption ahead of value. Your iPhone stops working after a few years (and I think proven Apple put code in the iOS to screw with older versions) and the screen if broken costs almost as much as a new phone to repair - both these push us towards buying another one.

Massive pressure on any listed company to set up forever growing streams of income.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
a mates missus got Covid recently - double vaxed, mid 50's, healthy, very reliable source of info. put her in bed for 3 days, like influenza, but she's bounced back.

she said the health dept who gave her a follow up call after + test said they don't bother contact tracing anymore.

which made me wonder the same question.

its hearsay, but I've given up on the QR codes based on this.

I never entered competitions for free holidays on the counter of fish and chip shops,

and im not gonna generate a pile of useless data everywhere I go.
Think I'll stop scanning them now too unless absolutely required.

On another note, these ongioing protests in Melbourne & around the rest of the country just get more bizarre.
Trump & American flags? Religious zealots. Neo Nazis. Dan is bad.. etc. etc.
Largely a pot potpourri of aimless nutbags. What are they hoping to achieve?

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Think I'll stop scanning them now too unless absolutely required.

On another note, these ongioing protests in Melbourne & around the rest of the country just get more bizarre.
Trump & American flags? Religious zealots. Neo Nazis. Dan is bad.. etc. etc.
Seems that now we are free they are protesting lack of freedoms.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It literally took me 15 seconds to find the Pfizer data on their booster shot. If he's a researcher, he's a pretty crap one.

Also, does he really think that Czechia is Chechyna? 1 is the Czech Republic and the other is a region of Russia.

Like I said to Lamb a few weeks back, the good doctor is either an incompetent researcher or a liar.

Pharmas are for profit, no doubt about that. Pharmas at times have done shady things. No doubt about that either.

Good health and good public health can minimise the need for drugs too, not for everyone, but for many.

Vaccines though are cheap and have saved millions of lives and reduced child mortality drastically in the 20th century and beyond, and crucially they eliminate the need for expensive medications. And for Covid meds that's a $5-30 vaccine cost vs thousands for a hospital stay.

A cured patient is not a repeat customer, but a vaccinated patient is usually a never-again customer.

Never understood the antivaxxer take on costs, it is just a dumb argument.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I think they want to achieve some kind of agency in their disappointing lives.

disaffected, disempowered, discombobulated.

striving for a community and some meaning.

the decline of the country shows and the associated roles untangling dodgem car pile-ups,

hasn't left them with too many options.

Reactions: 2 users