Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

The press attacking Victoria pretty mercilessly hasn't help but ultimately despite all the noise we're on track to be the one of the highest vaccinated cities in the world. Things are getting back to normal. I prefer to celebrate that than dwell on the negatives anymore.
You’re always celebrating though. You’re one of the best celebrators I know. Bet you celebrate tonight, tomorrow and all weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Pretty pretty good.

Love that have adjusted testing and isolation requirements to something more appropriate and also flagged the endemic objective.

Reactions: 2 users
Despite this opening up - the South Australian border reopens on Tuesday next week (23rd Nov) but if you come from a LGA with less than 80% double vaccinated you are required to quarantine for 14 days. I live in the City of Yarra and we are only about 76% double vacced so looks like we are unable to visit grandkids who we have missed for the best part of this year! (Not Happy!). LGA's with less than 80% include Melbourne, Darebin, Port Phillip. What a ridiculous rule for SA to introduce. I could work in a Covid ward but live in an LGA with >80% then it is ok but because I live in Richmond I can't go without quarantining, am fully vaccinated. I believe the issue is around the census data used to determine the percentages but not sure anyone has enough courage to change the data.

Still have hope common sense will prevail and we can go but not sure common sense and politics go together - regardless of affiliation!

Last edited:
The press attacking Victoria pretty mercilessly hasn't help but ultimately despite all the noise we're on track to be the one of the highest vaccinated cities in the world. Things are getting back to normal. I prefer to celebrate that than dwell on the negatives anymore.
Wait until we are 100% vaxxed. The anti-vaxxers will have a field day; with anyone who dies from COVID they will claim they were vaxxed so the vaccines mustn't work.

• Haha
Still vague on masks for shops and shopping centres. Looks like it's gonna be an 'on and off' headache for a while yet.

Adem Somyurek is a dog if he does what he's saying he's gonna do. a Labor man (even a dodgy one), will never support the views of right wing extremists for the sake of political revenge.
Haaaarrrrgh. I did chortle when I read Adem's opinion piece in the Hun this morning. Reckon he's served old Dan up with a right royal *smile* sandwich, hold the mayo n double up on the extra hot chillies to make him sweat.
Guess the old adage still holds true that revenge is a dish best served cold. Political version of the " coward punch " dished out when Dan wasn't looking n thought he was gunna be partying, sat him on his arse instead.

Doctors and health experts have said on numerous occassions the fit and healthy and children are low risk to sevete effects of covid.

Also no surprise you've resorted to name calling and labelling.
That's true of any illness. Don't really need a doctor to state the obvious. The problem though is many who think they're healthy aren't. Obesity, hypertension, diabetes, asthma are all comorbidities that give poorer outcomes when contracting COVID-19. Even fit people with issues they aren't aware of in everyday life can be severely affected by contracting COVID-19.

Imo it's not really worth the risk to find out if you may end up dying or be one of the multiples of that who will endure long-term illness.

Reactions: 3 users
One thing not generally known about ivermectin is that there have been quite a few people overdose on it and end up in hospital in Australia. Thankfully no deaths that I am aware of
Craig Kelly says it works. That's good enough for me.

Despite this opening up - the South Australian border reopens on Tuesday next week (23rd Nov) but if you come from a LGA with less than 80% double vaccinated you are required to quarantine for 14 days. I live in the City of Yarra and we are only about 76% double vacced so looks like we are unable to visit grandkids who we have missed for the best part of this year! (Not Happy!). LGA's with less than 80% include Melbourne, Darebin, Port Phillip. What a ridiculous rule for SA to introduce. I could work in a Covid ward but live in an LGA with >80% then it is ok but because I live in Richmond I can't go without quarantining, am fully vaccinated. I believe the issue is around the census data used to determine the percentages but not sure anyone has enough courage to change the data.

Still have hope common sense will prevail and we can go but not sure common sense and politics go together - regardless of affiliation!

Wow, thanks for that advice. about 1,000-2,000 of us Melbourne Victory fans will be heading to Adelaide in 3 weeks. I didn’t even know the SA Govt had even brought this rule in. My LGA (Moonee Valley) is at 85%, but I am sure there will be some of us who can’t go.

Good to see the UK authorities are finally following advice advocated by John Campbell (first few minutes of the video relevant)

Now if only the the authorities can get their head around Vitamin D.

"Although there are a vast number of publications supporting a correlation between the severity and death rate of SARS-CoV-2 infections and the blood level of vitamin D3, there is still an open debate about whether this relation is causal. This is because in most studies, the vitamin D level was determined several days after the onset of infection; therefore, a low vitamin D level may be the result and not the trigger of the course of infection. In this publication, we used a meta-analysis of two independent sets of data. One analysis is based on the long-term average vitamin D3 levels documented for 19 countries. The second analysis is based on 1601 hospitalized patients, 784 who had their vitamin D levels measured within a day after admission, and 817 whose vitamin D levels were known preinfection. Both datasets show a strong correlation between the death rate caused by SARS-CoV-2 and the vitamin D blood level. At a threshold level of 30 ng/mL, mortality decreases considerably. In addition, our analysis shows that the correlation for the combined datasets intersects the axis at approximately 50 ng/mL, which suggests that this vitamin D3 blood level may prevent any excess mortality. These findings are supported not only by a large infection study, showing the same optimum but also by the natural levels observed in traditional people living in the region where humanity originated from that were able to fight down most (not all) infections in most (not all) individuals. Vaccination is and will be an important keystone in our fight against SARS-CoV-2. However, current data clearly show that vaccination alone cannot prevent all SARS-CoV-2 infections and dissemination of the virus. This scenario possibly will become much worse in the case of new virus mutations that are not very susceptible to the current vaccines or even not sensitive to any vaccine. Therefore, based on our data, the authors strongly recommend combining vaccination with routine strengthening of the immune system of the whole population by vitamin D3 supplementation to consistently guarantee blood levels above 50 ng/mL (125 nmol/L). From a medical point of view, this will not only save many lives but also increase the success of vaccination. From a social and political point of view, it will lower the need for further contact restrictions and lockdowns. From an economical point of view, it will save billions of dollars worldwide, as vitamin D3 is inexpensive and—together with vaccines—provides a good opportunity to get the spread of SARS-CoV-2 under control. Although there exists very broad data-based support for the protective effect of vitamin D against severe SARS-CoV-2 infections, we strongly recommend initiating well designed observational studies as mentioned and/or double-blind randomized controlled trials (RCTs) to convince the medical community and the health authorities that vitamin D testing and supplementation are needed to avoid fatal breakthrough infections and to be prepared for new dangerous mutations."

Wow, thanks for that advice. about 1,000-2,000 of us Melbourne Victory fans will be heading to Adelaide in 3 weeks. I didn’t even know the SA Govt had even brought this rule in. My LGA (Moonee Valley) is at 85%, but I am sure there will be some of us who can’t go.
Looks like SA have changed their policy so that anyone from Vic or NSW can enter (except Byron Bay). I think you need a test within 72 hours of travelling and another within 24 hours of arrival in SA.

Looks like SA have changed their policy so that anyone from Vic or NSW can enter (except Byron Bay). I think you need a test within 72 hours of travelling and another within 24 hours of arrival in SA.

yes, I have also heard this. the LGA data was out of date. happy days.

394 Covid hospitalisations in VIC (77% not fully vacinated)

72 Cases in intensive care - not one person in ICU is fully vaccinated

Considering the number of people fully vaccinated that's a pretty amazing stat.

Reactions: 3 users
Some great data out of England. It sets out the rate at which vaccinated people and unvaccinated are getting infected, hospitalised and dying. It shows how protective double vaccination is against severe outcomes and death particulalry in 50 plus ages. Interestingly though there appear to be more infections per 100,000 in the vaccinated group. My only concern with the data is that it doesn't break down the groups into fully vaxxed , one shot and unvaxxed as that would give us a more accurate picture. Might be deception by omission there.

The other interesting data is sero prevalence rates . On the Roche N assay which is an antibody arising from natural infection there is about 20% nationwide but among 18-29 year olds just shy of 30%. When you look at the Roche S assay (antibody to the Spike Protein) which vaccination and natural infection would produce sero prevalence is in the high 90s. Despite that we still have high case numbers. In fact I think the cases are rising in England. If you cant get herd immunity at 96 -98 % I don't know when you can.

Good to see the UK authorities are finally following advice advocated by John Campbell (first few minutes of the video relevant)

I note his background is as an emergency nurse and academic. I assumed he was a doctor with background in infectious diseases.