Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I think a lot of things will never be the same olds

the optimist in me says a lot of the change will be positive.

On other matters Ezy, how are you keeping your young tiger prodigy fit, giving him a workout behind the tractor decked in gumboots and lugging a 30kg bag of spuds? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Have a look at Russia stats. They either invented it and have immunity, are lying about stats, are not testing, all 3.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There will be a shock. but I hope, and I reckon long term, we emerge from this with a slower, simpler, richer life.

I went down to our local tennis court yesterday and played a sundown 5 setter with eZJ (6-2, 6-0, 6-0 my way), and it occurred to me that I grew up playing epic matches with my bros and old man almost every night in daylight savings, but I hadn't done it for years. I was always too busy and tired, and my life wasn't even busy or tiring.

im as sore as **** today. tried to put a bit much on a couple of serves at break point down.

to varying degrees, aspects of the good old days that seemed historical relics, have returned in the blink of an eye

As you know, my positive projections need to be taken with a few grains of salt,

But I reckon we will be materially poorer for a fair while, but with richer lives.

I really hope that you are right easy, a slower more relaxed life/Australia would be great.

The trouble is while we are selling off the farm to people from...................housing will never be affordable for our kids.
The median house price for Sydney auctions yesterday was $1,355,000 million.

As for your aching body. I reckon if you grab a bottle and go up to the top paddock, and lie down in the long grass, it won't be long before you don't know yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Covid-3.jpg

The Irony .....................

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon if you grab a bottle and go up to the top paddock, and lie down in the long grass, it won't be long before you don't know yourself.

Its a good suggestion Dr.Tman.

I don't know myself so often that im thinking of getting a name badge

• Haha

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I went down to our local tennis court yesterday and played a sundown 5 setter with eZJ (6-2, 6-0, 6-0 my way), and it occurred to me that I grew up playing epic matches with my bros and old man almost every night in daylight savings, but I hadn't done it for years. I was always too busy and tired, and my life wasn't even busy or tiring.

im as sore as **** today. tried to put a bit much on a couple of serves at break point down.

Did eazy Jr go full Kyrgios when he was getting flogged like his old man used to at the same age? :cool:

Confession, I used to as well. :rolleyes:

• Haha

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Have a look at Russia stats. They either invented it and have immunity, are lying about stats, are not testing, all 3.

Communist countries with hard man rulers don't want to look weak. All 3, with a heavy dose of option 2.

But also, Russia's health system outside of a few key centers, is woeful. Putin has neglected it for years. Even if they wanted to be honest about it, I'd suggest they have no idea what there figures are outside of military personnel.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
There may be lots of reasons for this but it seems like not allowing your health system to be overwhelmed is a key one

I'd venture another key reason is that Germany, and Japan, have super healthy populations. Their diets in general are extremely good, lower rates of obesity and therefore lower rates of underlying health issues.

Both countries, for example, have reasonable rates of smoking among the population, but much lower rates of smoking related deaths per capita.

Reactions: 1 user

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
So according to The COVID Tracking project in the US 735,704 tests have been carried out for a return of 118,234 positive.
They are either remarkably accurate with who they test or the US is in a very serious world of imminent hurt and suffering.

I’m hoping that I am misreading these figures as something more than they actually are, or that is not a reputable source of data.

B

Bill James

Stats of COVID deaths in Italy dated 26 March
In English

Stats on COVID cases in Italy dated 26 March
In Italian

Some key points.

800 cases under 18yo but no deaths.
11 healthcare workers have died, all over 50yo

60% of cases are in just two of Italy's 20 regions
80% of deaths are in those same two regions.

The median age of death is 78

Men account for 57% of cases and 70% of deaths

95% of deaths are over 60

73% of deaths had hypertension

Of the deaths under 40yo, only one had been recorded with no pre-existing serious illness.

COMMENTS
The situation in Lombardia and Emil-Romagna is what the lockdown measures are trying to avoid.

The Italian numbers will be biased toward older ages because the demography of Lombardia and Emil-Romagna is one of the oldest in the world.

The active case incidence in Italy is 0.12% of the population, given that new confirmed cases have been flat for 6 days and resolved cases (deaths + recovered) are tracking confirmed cases on about a 14-day lag and therefore still increasing, it is possible the active case rate in Italy will not reach 0.2%.

Despite this trend, the ABC saw fit to publish on Friday an infographic predicting how short Australia will be of hospital beds if the infection rate reached 20%, 40% and 60%. The ABC's best case scenario is 100 times worse than the current situation in the most infected country in the world!!!! The ABC's sensationalised reporting on COVID is a disgrace and there should be an inquiry when this is over.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
In English

In Italian

Some key points.

Of the deaths under 40yo, only one had been recorded with no pre-existing serious illness.

COMMENTS
The situation in Lombardia and Emil-Romagna is what the lockdown measures are trying to avoid.

The Italian numbers will be biased toward older ages because the demography of Lombardia and Emil-Romagna is one of the oldest in the world.

The active case incidence in Italy is 0.12% of the population, given that new confirmed cases have been flat for 6 days and resolved cases (deaths + recovered) are tracking confirmed cases on about a 14-day lag and therefore still increasing, it is possible the active case rate in Italy will not reach 0.2%.

Despite this trend, the ABC saw fit to publish on Friday an infographic predicting how short Australia will be of hospital beds if the infection rate reached 20%, 40% and 60%. The ABC's best case scenario is 100 times worse than the current situation in the most infected country in the world!!!! The ABC's sensationalised reporting on COVID is a disgrace and there should be an inquiry when this is over.
Totally agree.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
This is spot on. Morrison was too slow to shut down travel from the US.

The US is responsible for twice as many imported infections into Australia as any other country.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
In English

In Italian

Some key points.

COMMENTS

One of the main reasons, if not the main reason, the death rate in Italy in older people is so high is because they have run out of ICU beds and ventilators and they are deciding that older people are the first to die.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
so Sin you are saying that in Italy once all the over 60s die, the death rate will drop back down?
And all the under 60s who are in ICU beds are being kept alive?
So its not really a problem as long as I am under 60? Got it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So according to The COVID Tracking project in the US 735,704 tests have been carried out for a return of 118,234 positive.
They are either remarkably accurate with who they test or the US is in a very serious world of imminent hurt and suffering.

I’m hoping that I am misreading these figures as something more than they actually are, or that is not a reputable source of data.

As per larabee's post. Even suspected cases aren't being tested.

My step sister and her partner in LA have been told by their doctor they most likely have COVID19 but don'tmeet the criteria to be tested.
They're self isolating, but how would they know when they can go out again if they can't get tested?
And how many more in the states and around the world are in the same boat? USA is in deep ****

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

COMMENTS

The active case incidence in Italy is 0.12% of the population,
Just a question Bill.
The 0.12% of the population, is that of the entire Italian population or just the 2 most affected regions?

In effect shouldnt we look at the rate in the 2 regioms where it has spread and there is by far the most cases and deaths?

If so could it be extrapolated, adjusted for population, to the rest of Italy. ie IF this spread from to 2 regions to all 20 then the deaths could be x10 ???

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

#2 for sure. Russia was just as busy as countries like Italy for airport traffic. There is no way they have the stats they are portraying. I think that is the same for confirmed cases in a lot of countries. Assuming that all countries are reporting stats as they come to hand is just not realistic.