Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
i think part of the reasoning too, is that if too many hospitality staff get Covid it effects the business's ability to remain open, which then hits the economy. Random people contracting covid in everyday life doesnt have the same impact.
But random people in every day life work in hospitality, manufacturing, transport, offices, medical etc etc industries so how is there any difference?

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Besides hospitality, they don't come across a large number of strangers on a day-to-day basis though.
Commute to work on public transport, mingle with various pedestrian groups while walking to and approaching their office areas, meal break areas, various working groups, attending sports or other hospitality events as a patron, schooling. Millions of people rummaging around their general lives on a daily basis have contact with all sorts of strangers every day. Restricting one or two specific groups to wearing face nappies only during precise hours of employment is simply bull *smile*. One in all in or forget about it.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Commute to work on public transport, mingle with various pedestrian groups while walking to and approaching their office areas, meal break areas, various working groups, attending sports or other hospitality events as a patron, schooling. Millions of people rummaging around their general lives on a daily basis have contact with all sorts of strangers every day. Restricting one or two specific groups to wearing face nappies only during precise hours of employment is simply bull *smile*. One in all in or forget about it.

Unless something's changed, we still need to wear a mask on public transport. The rest of those examples don't involve face to face contact with dozens if not 100s of strangers on a daily basis, which is why they should continue to wear them. But I'd prefer if we all just wore masks.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
. But I'd prefer if we all just wore masks.
For the rest of your life?? Corona ain't going away any time soon, it's of the same type of virus as Flu, just gunna keep mutating, some more nasty than others n coming around over n over again.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Unless something's changed, we still need to wear a mask on public transport. The rest of those examples don't involve face to face contact with dozens if not 100s of strangers on a daily basis, which is why they should continue to wear them. But I'd prefer if we all just wore masks.
I still wear a mask to the shops, in the supermarket etc. Partly out of habit, and partly becuase I have so little trust in other people lately.
The same pricks who bought all the pasta, rice and toilet paper, would be the types who don't isolate, or take precautions.

Reactions: 5 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
.................................... it’s more risky (for most) driving a car ..................
yes and thats why you will see some (usually Asian) people driving a car by themselves and wearing a mask !!!

you know it makes sense :)

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
yes and thats why you will see some (usually Asian) people driving a car by themselves and wearing a mask !!!

you know it makes sense :)

LOL... I do this sometimes, it's more to do with going from place A to place B where a mask should be worn and it's easier to leave it on, and then you don't forget to put it back on as well.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
LOL... I do this sometimes, it's more to do with going from place A to place B where a mask should be worn and it's easier to leave it on, and then you don't forget to put it back on as well.
Hmm someone who wears his mask all the time

1647923986243.png

• Love

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
so the TOGETHER trial - largest double blind RCT'd clinical trial of Ivermectin and Fluvoxamine is in, and of course showed no benefit in terms of mortality or reduced hospitalisation, or reduction in hospitalisation time for Ivermectin.

Can't wait for @lamb22's hot takes on why this study should be ignored.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Is the very low incidence of heart problems with the mRNA COVID vaccines actually connected to the vaccines or just a very small number of correlations?

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Myocarditis in young males is a well known side effect of the mrna vaccines.
I know a guy who has suffered it and 100% coinfirmed by his heart speciailist as related to the vaccine. He is 35. He has an examption from the booster.

He is a fit guy who has bee knocked around by it, and only now, 5 months later, is he feeling like he will get back to his old self.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I know a guy who has suffered it and 100% coinfirmed by his heart speciailist as related to the vaccine. He is 35. He has an examption from the booster.

He is a fit guy who has bee knocked around by it, and only now, 5 months later, is he feeling like he will get back to his old self.

Thanks, I was wondering.

DS

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Definitely a chance of myocarditis with the mRNA vaccines, but it's still very small, and usually very treatable. As others have mentioned if you do get the Covids, your chance of myocarditis is much higher. 100 times higher actually