Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Not trying to prove anything. I have legitimate concerns about what I've been injected with. I keep wondering why countries keep pulling them and what's causing the increased deaths around the world - somewhere in the region of 15% globally. Far too many vaccine injuries just to be coincidental. Jabbing babies now? Give me a break. Senator Alex Antic seems to be one politician that feels things shouldn't be left unquestioned.

I've also become very sceptical of Big Pharma and their true intentions. It makes no sense for them to see people get healthy in other ways (e.g. understanding the role that insulin plays in overall health and adjusting diets accordingly to improve the diabesity pandemic, rather than pushing insulin and statins which only make things worse).

It surprises me that people still tow the party lines without question, as much as my questioning it surprises, angers and (seems to) threaten people on here. But I understand that and what others believe/do is of no real consequence to me.
Being afraid isn't a scientific point.
Saying deaths have increased and tying it to vaccines because that is what you are afraid of is human nature - but doesn't make it true.
I don't see the 15% you are talking about - that is an insanely high number.
If I was to hazard a guess at why the death rate is higher - I'd be guessing that covid damaged a lot of people (long covid, difficulty breathing etc.) so it has brought forward when they die 2 or 3 years so we are seeing a lump of people die. But I don't know.

On the flip side I agree with you that following self-interest is also a good line of logic to follow. Businesses love recurring income so we should always question that motive. The opioid crisis in the US being the most obvious example. ADHD and Ritalin is another one for me of an invented disease that can then be treated. Is a fourth and fifth vaccine really needed? Fair question. But we should deal with it with evidence where we can.

Vaccines are one of the key reasons life expectancy has increased - kids just don't die of the diseases they used to die of at a young age any more. I've read stuff from medical folks that explain why vaccines don't have long term effects but I'm not an expert enough to understand it but go with the logic that since the other vaccines don't do this, then why would the new ones - but if evidence comes up the other way, then so be it. Evidence isn't fear though.

The longer-term life issues of heart disease, mental drop off, physical deterioration / broken bones, cancer etc. western medicine deals with in a reactive manner - when it is too late and does little to preserve your quality of life. I expect we will see a growth in realizing these are long term issues that need to be addressed in lifestyle way before you hit the iceberg. (I'm reading this at the moment - https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/61153739)

People aren't threatened by what you are posting - I would hazard (and at least this is true for me) - they are bemused by your lack of rational thinking / scientific approach and potentially angered that you might spread disinformation that kills people like what happened in the US by its government officials.

Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
No issues here, gave me a level of comfort to have my 5th shot, (Moderna Bivalent 4/5), yesterday.

Reactions: 6 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Obviously wasn’t needed as it was defeated, but it was introduced, I guess, because Fred Nile is a *smile* wit
Cannot believe he is still alive! I remeber him constantly campaigning against homosexuals and the mardi gras. A terrible human being. The good thing is he will be dust one day, the only downside is it will be too late to realise there's no after life.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not trying to prove anything. I have legitimate concerns about what I've been injected with. I keep wondering why countries keep pulling them and what's causing the increased deaths around the world - somewhere in the region of 15% globally. Far too many vaccine injuries just to be coincidental. Jabbing babies now? Give me a break. Senator Alex Antic seems to be one politician that feels things shouldn't be left unquestioned.

I've also become very sceptical of Big Pharma and their true intentions. It makes no sense for them to see people get healthy in other ways (e.g. understanding the role that insulin plays in overall health and adjusting diets accordingly to improve the diabesity pandemic, rather than pushing insulin and statins which only make things worse).

It surprises me that people still tow the party lines without question, as much as my questioning it surprises, angers and (seems to) threaten people on here. But I understand that and what others believe/do is of no real consequence to me.
Cooker

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
ADHD and Ritalin is another one for me of an invented disease that can then be treated.

I used to be in that camp until I've had to deal with ADHD first hand. The reaction to Ritalin for someone with ADHD and someone without ADHD is completely different. It will calm the first down while it will make the second buzz around as if on speed.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Fair enough - my bad.

The underlying question still stands though. Why would this be needed if the vaccines are safe and effective?
Go ask Fred Nile - it was his legislation.

Of all the tired anti-vaxxer tropes, this is one of the most tedious. No Midsy, we just want evidence for your claims, just as we want evidence from public authorities about vaccine efficacy, death rates and so on. Lamb made claims about Ivermectin, and we went through all the data - ultimately there never was a rigorous clinical study that confirmed it had any efficacy. He called me an idiot, sheep, etc - but when his claims were ultimately not borne out he ran away from the thread, never to be heard from again.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Go ask Fred Nile - it was his legislation.

Of all the tired anti-vaxxer tropes, this is one of the most tedious. No Midsy, we just want evidence for your claims, just as we want evidence from public authorities about vaccine efficacy, death rates and so on. Lamb made claims about Ivermectin, and we went through all the data - ultimately there never was a rigorous clinical study that confirmed it had any efficacy. He called me an idiot, sheep, etc - but when his claims were ultimately not borne out he ran away from the thread, never to be heard from again.
:mhihiSounds funny someway.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
I used to be in that camp until I've had to deal with ADHD first hand. The reaction to Ritalin for someone with ADHD and someone without ADHD is completely different. It will calm the first down while it will make the second buzz around as if on speed.
Same. And there are so many levels to ADHD. People just think kids going nuts on red cordial. Innattentive ADHD is crippling for those who suffer. Addiction is common amongst people with ADHD. Uni & jobs are often a struggle.

I really detest when people claim ADHD is used as some sort of "excuse" for behaviour.

Diagnosis and understanding has exploded here in Aust. Try getting in to see a psychiatrist for a diagnosis.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Same. And there are so many levels to ADHD. People just think kids going nuts on red cordial. Innattentive ADHD is crippling for those who suffer. Addiction is common amongst people with ADHD. Uni & jobs are often a struggle.

I really detest when people claim ADHD is used as some sort of "excuse" for behaviour.

Diagnosis and understanding has exploded here in Aust. Try getting in to see a psychiatrist for a diagnosis.
I know very little about it. Can some kids grow out of it MD ? How do you test for it ?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There is no cure as such for ADHD. It's a lifelong condition. Adults are able to self-regulate/control because they are aware of what their mind is doing.

Adults diagnosed late in life with ADHD are often shocked at how life changes for them once they are aware of the condition, how it manifests itself, and the effect of medication.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
I know very little about it. Can some kids grow out of it MD ? How do you test for it ?
It can only be clinically diagnosed. And a clinical doagnosis means access to stimulant medication such as Ritalin or Adderall. They assist with focus. They are non-addictive and can be taken as required - eg before some serious work committments, exams for students etc. Some side-effects but the benefits in most cases outweigh the downsides.

Innatentive ADHD (the type i have experience with) is associated with a lack of dopamine. Although its complicated. There is lots of research happening now in this space. Many people with ADHD suffer from addiction due to the addictive behaviour (gambling/drugs/drinking/shopping) generating huge dopamine hits. ADHD brains crave stimulation.

ADHD is also associated with poor executive function - so issues with planning, focus, memory, organisation, time management....it can be pretty *smile* up. Many struggle with school, work etc as the world is designed around neuro typical people. People with ADHD often struggle silently. Masking behaviours are common.

There is a huge number of undiagniosed adults. My psychologist reckons Nick Kyrgios is a classic ADHD'er.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
It can only be clinically diagnosed. And a clinical doagnosis means access to stimulant medication such as Ritalin or Adderall. They assist with focus. They are non-addictive and can be taken as required - eg before some serious work committments, exams for students etc. Some side-effects but the benefits in most cases outweigh the downsides.

Innatentive ADHD (the type i have experience with) is associated with a lack of dopamine. Although its complicated. There is lots of research happening now in this space. Many people with ADHD suffer from addiction due to the addictive behaviour (gambling/drugs/drinking/shopping) generating huge dopamine hits. ADHD brains crave stimulation.

ADHD is also associated with poor executive function - so issues with planning, focus, memory, organisation, time management....it can be pretty *smile* up. Many struggle with school, work etc as the world is designed around neuro typical people. People with ADHD often struggle silently. Masking behaviours are common.

There is a huge number of undiagniosed adults. My psychologist reckons Nick Kyrgios is a classic ADHD'er.
Very insightful. (y)

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
There is clear evidence ritalin has short term benefits. Longitudinal studies inconclusive as to whether harm or hurt. (per Wiki not per me)

What is clear is the drug companies have sold a shitload of ritalin.

I don't doubt that people have mental issues. Whether a drug is the answer or not i guess is a separate question - but to prescribe a drug there has to be a disease. There is a clear incentive for drug industries to overprescribe and overdiagnose. With that said I'm not an expert on the topic - but whether there is self-interest at play its good to be scpetical. Mentally sick people is good for psychiastrists and drug companies. I'd be sure there are plenty of examples where it has helped.

I guess the belief you can be the master of your own mind is good for the self-help / life coach type of industry. I'm in this second camp but think like any muscle you need to learn how to use your brain - it can harm you or help you. And with that said if the brain has some kind of physical or degenerative damage (CTE/MND etc.) then it's too late - you need to not get it in the first place. Although within that it seem's Neale Daniher's zest for life and to help others kept him going far long than others who must just give up.

And maybe per MdJazz post some people's brains are just different. It's impossible to put yourself inside someone else's brain (at the moment).

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
There is clear evidence rotalin has short term benefits. Longitudinal studies inconclusive as to whether harm or hurt. (per Wiki not per me)

What is clear is the drug companies have sold a shitload of ritalin.

I don't doubt that people have mental issues. Whether a drug is the answer or not i guess is a separate question - but to prescribe a drug there has to be a disease. There is a clear incentive for drug industries to overprescribe and overdiagnose. With that said I'm not an expert on the topic - but whether there is self-interest at play its good to be scpetical. Mentally sick people is good for psychiastrists and drug companies. I'd be sure there are plenty of examples where it has helped.

I guess the belief you can be the master of your own mind is good for the self-help / life coach type of industry. I'm in the second camp but think like any muscle you need to learn how to use it. And with that said if the brain has some kind of physical or degenerative damage (CTE/MND etc.) then it's too late - you need to not get it in the first place. Although within that it seem's Neale Daniher's zest for life and to help others kept him going far long than others who must just give up.
That's a very nieve post. It's a bit like telling addicts just to stop the behaviour or depression sufferers to get over themselves. Entirely understandable though if you don't suffer from a mental condition.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
That's a very nieve post. It's a bit like telling addicts just to stop the behaviour or depression sufferers to get over themselves. Entirely understandable though if you don't suffer from a mental condition.
OK - i was pretty depressed and the solution was to talk to my friends and understand my issues and then start to take some action.

I talked a lot with a guy who wanted to kill himself. he is super happy now and it came down to him getting off his butt and putting himself out there / getting a job / contributing etc. / feeling valuable. he was heavily avoiding his issues with alcohol and had massively destructive negative self talk.

but everyone will be different and maybe my depression was pretty light. as i said you can't put yourself in someone else's head to compare but to me if someone doesn't have some spark / desire to not be where they are for whatever reason then nothing will change.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There is clear evidence ritalin has short term benefits. Longitudinal studies inconclusive as to whether harm or hurt. (per Wiki not per me)

And maybe per MdJazz post some people's brains are just different. It's impossible to put yourself inside someone else's brain (at the moment).

Strange post. There is no doubt in my mind, and in the mind of educators and psychiatrists, that ADHD is real. I see it first hand everyday. Educators see it every day and are often caught between wanting to offer assistance and guidance but wary that some parents will react very negatively. Parents of children with ADHD are also quite tuned in and can see the signs in other kids or adults.

I look back now at my school days and can see the classmates who were ADHD, or possibly on the spectrum, but back then there was little awareness or support. We'd label them the weirdos in class who just didn't quite fit in.

There is a lot more too it than bad behavior or red cordial induced hyperactivity. Rates of depression among ADHD sufferers is higher than average. It's a lifelong condition that needs to be managed if an individual wants to get the best out of themselves. Doesn't help when there's a section of society in it's complete ignorance puts ADHD symptoms down to Bad Parenting.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
OK - i was pretty depressed and the solution was to talk to my friends and understand my issues and then start to take some action.

I talked a lot with a guy who wanted to kill himself. he is super happy now and it came down to him getting off his butt and putting himself out there / getting a job / contributing etc. / feeling valuable. he was heavily avoiding his issues with alcohol and had massively destructive negative self talk.

but everyone will be different and maybe my depression was pretty light. as i said you can't put yourself in someone else's head to compare but to me if someone doesn't have some spark / desire to not be where they are for whatever reason then nothing will change.
Being "depressed" and having depression can be two very different things. There is a tonne of research being done on the brain and the reality is it's not very well understood.

One thing I know is that exercise & connection are critical

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Strange post. There is no doubt in my mind, and in the mind of educators and psychiatrists, that ADHD is real. I see it first hand everyday. Educators see it every day and are often caught between wanting to offer assistance and guidance but wary that some parents will react very negatively. Parents of children with ADHD are also quite tuned in and can see the signs in other kids or adults.

I look back now at my school days and can see the classmates who were ADHD, or possibly on the spectrum, but back then there was little awareness or support. We'd label them the weirdos in class who just didn't quite fit in.

There is a lot more too it than bad behavior or red cordial induced hyperactivity. Rates of depression among ADHD sufferers is higher than average. It's a lifelong condition that needs to be managed if an individual wants to get the best out of themselves. Doesn't help when there's a section of society in it's complete ignorance puts ADHD symptoms down to Bad Parenting.
Clearly said I'm no expert - but not sure where I said ADHD didn't exist.

I just have view it has been over diagnosed and over prescribed (probably mainly in capitalistic USA) - but it's an opinion. I watched some documentary on it - but like all documentaries it probably presented a one sided point of view.

I also don't have a view that drugs are useless ... My son developed a tick (after getting pushed off a ledge and hitting his head on concrete). We had to give him a drug to get to sleep as his tick was waking him up constantly and he wasn't behaving well at school. When he got stressed or upset he would tick worse. A few years later and its pretty much completely gone. We got all the scans and saw psychiatrists and the neuro surgeon so just grateful it played out this way. Without getting sleep though he was a mess and who knows what others thought when they saw his behavior.

I think it's all a bit presumptuous to assume you can diagnose someone by looking at their behavior - but for sure a teacher sees a lot more than probably most parents do through those school years.. And I'm sure its a delicate topic to bring things up in what would hopefully be a productive way.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Being "depressed" and having depression can be two very different things. There is a tonne of research being done on the brain and the reality is it's not very well understood.

One thing I know is that exercise & connection are critical
I see all these things as analog and not digital. I never went and saw someone for a diagnosis.

The industry would have to define some boundary conditions where you are or you aren't.

Richmond 2016 post round 22 supporter at one end of the scale and mid-year 2017 in a world of trouble for repeat offences followed by end of year 2017 for the cure.

Sleep, diet, purpose/connection, exercise (and performance of the RFC) i think we could agree all effect your mental health in varying degrees through our lived experiences. that dirty bird kfc has serious consequences.....

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
I see all these things as analog and not digital. I never went and saw someone for a diagnosis.

The industry would have to define some boundary conditions where you are or you aren't.

Richmond 2016 post round 22 supporter at one end of the scale and mid-year 2017 in a world of trouble for repeat offences followed by end of year 2017 for the cure.

Sleep, diet, purpose/connection, exercise (and performance of the RFC) i think we could agree all effect your mental health in varying degrees
A close friends daughter missed a year of school and spent time in Dalmont when she was 16. A beautiful family, 3 kids all in great schools. Involved parents. Sport, community, friends etc.

No reason for here to be depressed, simply she was wired differently. It's taken years of trialing medication and CBT to get to the point she is at university and doing well. But all that could change.

Another close friend has spent multiple periods in a mental health institution with depression. Despite having his own business, children (he is separated), being involved in a football club, taking medication etc.