Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Safe and effective…?
For under 70’s, absolutely not.
From the article you posted, I'm not sure how you arrived at your conclusion that getting COVID-19 is safer than the AZ vaccine

In Australia:
1 in a million chance of death from TTS from AZ vaccine, or 0.000001%
19,574 COVID-19 deaths from 11,399,460 cases, or 1 death per 582 cases, or 0.171709%

I took my chances with the AZ at the time

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Why have they withdrawn it?
Did you read the article you posted? The answer is there

The federal health department confirmed that from March 20 the vaccine, sold under the brand-name Vaxzevria, would no longer be available to Australians.
Deakin University Chair in Epidemiology, Professor Catherine Bennett told Daily Mail Australia its removal was expected as it had been superseded by other vaccines.
'It was really only left available for this long for people who had earlier doses of AstraZeneca and wanted to complete their course with it,' Prof Bennett said.

This article, which is more about AZ pulling out of the US market, also sheds light on the global sales that COVID vaccines are pulling in and detailing that the AZ vaccine just doesn't have the market share or sales to make it a viable product for them anymore.

But I reckon it's more to do with the AZ vaccines incompatibility with the new nextgen ChatGPT enabled 5G towers.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Is anyone testing anymore?

I had a four day boy with something last week that I reckon was COVID.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Yes, because it impacts your timelines for boosters (ie you need to wait at least 3 months before getting one), gives you an idea of your immunity status, gives you an exposure history for general overall health assessments in the future, and most importantly you identify yourself as being a potential risk to someone who may be vulnerable - like IanG just pointed out - and whether you should be isolating or not.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Did you read the article you posted? The answer is there

The federal health department confirmed that from March 20 the vaccine, sold under the brand-name Vaxzevria, would no longer be available to Australians.
Deakin University Chair in Epidemiology, Professor Catherine Bennett told Daily Mail Australia its removal was expected as it had been superseded by other vaccines.
'It was really only left available for this long for people who had earlier doses of AstraZeneca and wanted to complete their course with it,' Prof Bennett said.

This article, which is more about AZ pulling out of the US market, also sheds light on the global sales that COVID vaccines are pulling in and detailing that the AZ vaccine just doesn't have the market share or sales to make it a viable product for them anymore.

But I reckon it's more to do with the AZ vaccines incompatibility with the new nextgen ChatGPT enabled 5G towers.
Also the COVID vaccines are progressing continuously and are tweaked for new variants.
AZ hasn’t kept up as well as others

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

I had a cold a couple of weeks ago, did a RAT, tested negative. Got the new variant booster last week in time for the Covid soup that is Bluesfest.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Yes, because it impacts your timelines for boosters (ie you need to wait at least 3 months before getting one), gives you an idea of your immunity status, gives you an exposure history for general overall health assessments in the future, and most importantly you identify yourself as being a potential risk to someone who may be vulnerable - like IanG just pointed out - and whether you should be isolating or not.
I isolated and didn't go out for three days like I normally do when sick. And I'm not convinced I'll get any more boosters. I've recovered fine.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Midsy posted a heap of guff about the withdrawal of C19 vaxxes in the UK a few months. If he'd read the sources he posted he'd have noticed they just stopped the free vax program.

With conspiracy nutters, absolutely any change to policy or updated research can be woven into their conspiracy narratives as evidence of Bill Gates and Soros being lizard-beings or something

• Haha

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Why would they stop the vax program if it’s so important against the deadly coronavirus? Genuine question.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Why would they stop the vax program if it’s so important against the deadly coronavirus? Genuine question.
Stop the program - please explain?

How was it not important - please explain?

You do understand basic maths and statistics, that's all you really need to appreciate how many lives were saved through vaccination?

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Stop the program - please explain?

How was it not important - please explain?

You do understand basic maths and statistics, that's all you really need to appreciate how many lives were saved through vaccination?
No one pushing conspiracies understands basic maths or statistics... or else they chose to wilfully ignore it or leverage other peoples ignorance of it to make asinine but on the surface believable points.

Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Interesting that the NSW government have introduced a bill holding employers liable for vaccine injuries (forever) if they have vaccine mandates as a condition of employment.

That bill was introduced over two years ago by Fred Nile who is no longer in parliament, and defeated in Feb last year

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Fair enough - my bad.

The underlying question still stands though. Why would this be needed if the vaccines are safe and effective?
Obviously wasn’t needed as it was defeated, but it was introduced, I guess, because Fred Nile is a *smile* wit

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Fair enough - my bad.

The underlying question still stands though. Why would this be needed if the vaccines are safe and effective?
Oh, and vaccines are very safe and very effective. Have been for a hundred years.
You keep posting stuff you think will prove otherwise, but it doesn’t.

Reactions: 3 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Oh, and vaccines are very safe and very effective. Have been for a hundred years.
You keep posting stuff you think will prove otherwise, but it doesn’t.
Not trying to prove anything. I have legitimate concerns about what I've been injected with. I keep wondering why countries keep pulling them and what's causing the increased deaths around the world - somewhere in the region of 15% globally. Far too many vaccine injuries just to be coincidental. Jabbing babies now? Give me a break. Senator Alex Antic seems to be one politician that feels things shouldn't be left unquestioned.

I've also become very sceptical of Big Pharma and their true intentions. It makes no sense for them to see people get healthy in other ways (e.g. understanding the role that insulin plays in overall health and adjusting diets accordingly to improve the diabesity pandemic, rather than pushing insulin and statins which only make things worse).

It surprises me that people still tow the party lines without question, as much as my questioning it surprises, angers and (seems to) threaten people on here. But I understand that and what others believe/do is of no real consequence to me.

Reactions: 1 user