Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Case count (6:30am)

7,403,127 cases
416,569 deaths (5.63%)
53,866 severe (1%)
3,426,047 mild (46%)
3,506,645 recovered (47%)

More recovered than ill for the first time.

The first positive test from the BLM protest in Melbourne has just been announced. *smile* awesome :rolleyes:

I sincerely hope it is not the case but I fear a second wave or maybe even a tsunami.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
The first positive test from the BLM protest in Melbourne has just been announced. *smile* awesome :rolleyes:

I sincerely hope it is not the case but I fear a second wave or maybe even a tsunami.

Hopefully they were wearing a mask and keeping their distance and had the covid ap installed.

L2R2R, you jumped on the COVID19 science early, back when the scientists were in the land of hypotheses with little or no data to back up what they were thinking. This was reasonable as we need to use the best information and analysis available at the time. At the same time you disparage and nitpick climate science which is backed by years of research and well beyond the hypothesis stage.

All I am arguing is that, if you think it is reasonable to go with what we know on COVID19 then the same applies to climate science.

You are grossly inconsistent, you just believe the science you want to believe. I won't claim your ramblings are disordered, they are, rather, ordered by your ideology.

I could add a nice little insult here but I'll leave that to you.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
L2R2R, you jumped on the COVID19 science early, back when the scientists were in the land of hypotheses with little or no data to back up what they were thinking.

What did I "jump on", David?

What hypothesis did I advocate as truth?

You're putting up a frame with no picture in it and claiming it shows me train surfing.

If I advocated anything, it was that separation and isolation is the only policy that works in the absence of a cure. It's the great lesson of history taught by past epidemics back to the Black Death and beyond. Hence I was critical of the UK's initial reach for herd immunity as well as Sweden's approach.

Also suggested a mask was better than no mask, based on the Asian experience and contrary to government advice. WHO appears to have come around to it.

The science is changing too quickly and is too uncertain to accept anything as gospel. They haven't even found the origin, let alone the cure.

I'm as consistent as a metronome, except when you lot make one character assassination too many and I give you a (virtual) punch on the nose. I don't know why I bother with this forum sometimes when I spend half my time defending myself against personal attack.

Last edited:
Have said this before. The virus is not political.

Ridiculous that the BLM protest went ahead.

Not going to rage at a single positive. But there will no doubt be more.

Interested to know the protester's movements since Saturday and how many potential infections he's dished out. Also whether he wore a mask then, and since.

Last edited:
Keep backtracking L2R2R, keep choosing the science which agrees with your delusions.

What coronavirus science did I "choose"?

You just hate my stance on climate change, and try to discredit everything I post because of it. You shallow cheerleader, you.

But I guess it's consistency, in a very liberal sense.

So you are similarly sceptical of the scientific reports on COVID19?

Well then, you should just go out and enjoy yourself, nothing to worry about.

You have been running the opposite line from day 1 of this, you have posted many articles about the virus, all of which rely on the scientific consensus that this is a dangerous virus, spreads easily and spreads through asymptomatic carriers - or did you just work all of this out for yourself with no help from immunologists and the like?

You are so full of it.

DS

So you are similarly sceptical of the scientific reports on COVID19?

Well then, you should just go out and enjoy yourself, nothing to worry about.

You have been running the opposite line from day 1 of this, you have posted many articles about the virus, all of which rely on the scientific consensus that this is a dangerous virus, spreads easily and spreads through asymptomatic carriers - or did you just work all of this out for yourself with no help from immunologists and the like?

You are so full of it.

Articles from the mainstream press which often contained the latest developments. Not from scientific journals. They were posted to inform others and help them come to grips with what was happening to the world. Your grievance seems to be that I didn't spruik the line that the virus was nothing to worry about: "Why didn't L2R2R say 'It's just the flu'? I coulda creamed him!" There just hasn't been much scientific debate here.

I try to make a contribution to this forum but can't say I detect that intent with many of your posts. When was the last time you e.g. posted an article on the journo's board?

PS How f'n cold is it? Brrrrrrr!!

Last edited:
The lack of scientific debate here reflects a logical and sensible view that the scientists know a lot more about this virus than we do. It is in stark contrast to the illogical questioning of scientific findings on climate change where a lack of scientific knowledge and expertise has been no barrier to carping and undermining those with decades of research on the subject.

Not as cold as when I was a kid ;)

DS

The lack of scientific debate here reflects a logical and sensible view that the scientists know a lot more about this virus than we do. It is in stark contrast to the illogical questioning of scientific findings on climate change where a lack of scientific knowledge and expertise has been no barrier to carping and undermining those with decades of research on the subject.

Not as cold as when I was a kid ;)

There is plenty of valid science that both supports and questions CC. I'm not aware of any that questions whether coronavirus is a thing.

I'm asking you nicely - please stop trying to ridicule me by randomly cross-posting about CC in this thread. :):):mad::)

Last edited:
Most new cases recorded worldwide yesterday since the outbreak began.

Might be time to buy a caravan..............
Stay away from South America and India and North America BR and you and your van will be ok.
But make sure the van has a dunny because you can't use the ones in Vic Caravan parks for a while yet.

The Chinese capital has locked down 11 residential communities near a wholesale food market to try to stem a new outbreak of COVID-19.

Beijing officials said Saturday that 45 workers at the Xinfadi market tested positive for the coronavirus, though they showed no symptoms. That was in addition to seven earlier cases of people with symptoms, including six who had visited or worked at the market. Forty environmental samples taken at the market also tested positive, city officials said.

The Beijing News newspaper said in a social media post that Communist Party members and volunteers were being organised to shop for food and other daily necessities for the affected residents. The city, which had not had a locally transmitted infection in more than 50 days, reversed some recent moves to relax coronavirus restrictions.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...s/news-story/99953fb7f9e4b8036ade61f732bbf6ab (paywalled)