Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Alan Jones was always a pig and the fact anyone listened to his show is an indictment on Australia.- probably equal to Abbott being elected.
Alan Jones' career is an indictment of what a bogan redneck hick town Sydney is.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The AFL has had the players' nuts in a vice with hyper-restrictive regulations and requirements in order to stay virus-free, all while on reduced pay, yet an exec does her own thing and receives the AFL's blessing.
The AFL is supportive of key executive Tanya Hosch marching at a state-sanctioned Black Lives Matter protest in Adelaide.

Hosch is the league’s general manager of inclusion and social policy and marched at the Adelaide protest in support of George Floyd alongside former politician Natasha Stott Despoja.

Marches around Australia have sparked fears of a coronavirus outbreak at a time when the AFL is working hard with governments around the nation on its return to football this week.

Hosch tweeted that it was her first “socially distant rally” amid a massive turnout in support of the Black Lives cause.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/v...r/news-story/6f9c2678958165a731eaf946217da921 (paywalled)

Hypocrisy reigns supreme.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Alan Jones' career is an indictment of what a bogan redneck hick town Sydney is.

One of the failures in my life, and there've been a few, is Alan Jones never publicly defamed me.

even privately, I would have taken as a win

and agree, if you excise the eastern cliffs, Sydneys best is half as good as Melbournes mediocre.

Last edited:

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Alan Jones is a classless superioristic (new word to be added to the lingo) ignoramus, of the highest order. He posses absolutely no redeeming qualities.
I remember him on the Ahn Do show saying something like " You regret if you hurt somebody, that's not what the power of the microphone is for"

He spoke the words but didn't live the creed.
He's a hypocrite of the greatest magnitude, the world is a better place for him no longer being on the radio waves.

He & the Credlin person are "smiles" of the worst kind.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Apparently damaged a lot of young men permanently in his role as a teacher at The King's School in Parramatta.

• Sad

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I have a real dislike for everything Jones stands for. But to his credit he was a decent Wallabies coach.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
She backed herself, below is a timeline of the NZ response.

As an aside, wnd who can forget the offensive, classless & embarrasing comments Alan Jones made towards her. Hopefully they played a part in his retirement.
p

Jones wa certainly under notice after a lot of advertisers pulled out of his program. But no doubt he will be celebrating the success of his AC demand fior Abbott. Not that I am against him getting one it's part of the severance package for ex PMs.

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Brett Lee was apparently one but Shane Watson was the peak. He was seriously obsessed with Watson to the point where it became an open joke in the rooms.

You could guarantee a phone call would arrive in the time between leaving the ground and getting to the hotel in Australia and he would call in the wee hours from Australia when the team was overseas. Constant dinner invites, financial involvement and wheel greasing but never seen around the grounds or training venues like most liniment sniffers. The kindest way I could describe it is odd.
I think Jones must have written Watto's Wikipedia entry. If you look under 'Other' it contains this gem:

"In the summer of 2012 Watson became the first player to take the field alone and win a test series, scoring a record 789 runs in the first innings at lords then went on to take 20 wickets for 43 runs and Shockingly wasn’t awarded man of the match showing clear bias that has been witnessed by many fans throughout Watson illustrious career."

o_O

• Haha

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah, odd indeed... not quite a full grasp on reality you'd tend to think. Maybe that's true of many rich and powerful people.

Homosexuality is fine but damaging young adults, that's where it all gets too reprehensible. I wonder how many have been paid off along the way.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I have a real dislike for everything Jones stands for. But to his credit he was a decent Wallabies coach.

His one other redeeming feature is the vehement opposition to fracking. The only time I can recall him being likeable was when passionately railing against this practice.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Protests cost economy $1bn, delay reopening (paywalled)
Black Lives Matter protests are expected to delay the easing of COVID-19 restrictions by at least a week, potentially costing the economy more than $1bn and preventing tens of thousands of people getting back to work.

The Australian can reveal the national cabinet, which will meet on Friday, is likely to ditch plans to adopt a more rapid scaling back of social restrictions, pending an evaluation of whether the rallies triggered coronavirus outbreaks.

The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee, which had flagged last month that two weeks of low infection rates would be a trigger for unlocking restrictions, believes it will take up to 14 days to assess the impact of the demonstrations on new COVID-19 cases.
To think that some protesters will be pleased about this...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Big spike in US cases. We won't see the effects of the protests though just yet - these were on the cards already.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Big spike in US cases. We won't see the effects of the protests though just yet - these were on the cards already.
Where do you get that ? I go to Worldometer ... From June 3rd new cases are in thousands 21 23 25 23 19 19 that does not look like a spike to me. In fact what I se is that cases have been fluctuating around 20k per day for a month. Certainly not a downward trend but not a spike either...
Where things are better is number of deaths... From around 2000 per day in April is below 1000 most days this month.
Yes the big spike may come after the demos but in US they have been happening for 10 days or more...
You may have the real stats.

Last edited:

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
NZ officially Coronavirus free.
Incredible leadership shown by Ardern has paid off.
Same death rate as us and a higher case rate than us. But good show and good on them and her. And they had no Ruby a princess to kick start them. They just jumped from stage 1 to 4 ...so that's why I think we are 3 to 4 weeks behind. But WA and Sa are probably not much too different to NZ in elimination. They just shut the door to the rest of Aust (but rest assured will make an exception for the armaguard vans of eastern state tax cash to stimulate them in the months to come)

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Where do you get that ? I go to Worldometer ... From June 3rd new cases are in thousands 21 23 25 23 19 19 that does not look like a spike to me. In fact what I se is that cases have been fluctuating around 20k per day for a month. Certainly not a downward trend but not a spike either...
Where things are better is number of deaths... From around 2000 per day in April is below 1000 most days this month.
Yes the big spike may come after the demos but in US they have been happening for 10 days or more...
You may have the real stats.

I definitely don't have the real stats! Probably my fault for trusting News Corpse but got it from here:

Its saying numbers "spiking" up in some states. I wonder if you extracted NYS what it would look like.