Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Real sh*t show developing in the states.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/nor...ghest-levels-since-april-20200625-p555wm.html

Trump has abandoned his post, just focusing on campaign rallies now.

Did you see his stunt at the border wall? Claiming that its doing a great job of protecting the US from a very dangerous Covid infection. Meanwhile the Southern US states (including the one he was in) are having record new case levels. You couldn't actually make this stuff up.

Reactions: 1 user
You literally could not find a world leader worse suited to this current challenge.

Reactions: 3 users
Did you see his stunt at the border wall? Claiming that its doing a great job of protecting the US from a very dangerous Covid infection. Meanwhile the Southern US states (including the one he was in) are having record new case levels. You couldn't actually make this stuff up.

I saw him at the wall.
Given their record case numbers all I could think of was is that to keep US citizens IN!

Not to applaud Trump's CV performance generally, but it's running riot in Mexico after only getting started last month. He's probably right in claiming there would be people flooding across the border otherwise.

Not to applaud Trump's CV performance generally, but it's running riot in Mexico after only getting started last month. He's probably right in claiming there would be people flooding across the border otherwise.

Seems to be running riot in the southern states of the US too.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

The US just broke it's national record for the highest number of new COVID-19 cases in a single day.

They have 13 times the number of cases from 60 times as many tests.

USA

0Z2V7SP.jpg

Mexico

rRziBMN.jpg

Nothing to be proud of, but it does at least look to be subsiding in the US.

But those telling golfers to suck it up weren't being hysterical, they were exhibiting the quintessential Australian trait of compliance. Whether or not golf was safe was not the point, we'd been told we couldn't play so we went, "yeah, alright". It's always been the Aussie way to pull outliers into line - we're convicts afraid of the whip (and/or ANZACs doing it for the team), not rebels convinced of our righteousness like our US cousins. That's why our gun control was so successful - there were enough angry gun toters for Howard to wear a bullet-proof vest, but the greater community attitude of, "Mate, pull your head in. We need to stop mass shootings more than you need an AK-47" prevailed.

Believe me, our national conformity and compliance frustrate me plenty, but they're also key reasons we got on top of this thing so well so quickly.

Perhaps. But perhaps some are compliant to what suits them. And it's not whether or not it is safe, experience shows it is safe (at least safe from corona!).

As you noted previously we can hope the experience showing outdoor events as low risk means we can get crowds back to the footy sooner.

Believe me, our national conformity and compliance frustrate me plenty, but they're also key reasons we got on top of this thing so well so quickly.

And on the flipside perhaps why it is the ethnic community that are creating these clusters?

What sort of "security" guard does that? Just cancel their licences and replace them.

Whoever was running the show should be sacked. Its Trump like in its stupidity. Did someone in the health department just google security gauards and ring AAA Security?

Going by the chart above. If it says something different to you, please offer your interpretation.

The charts you showed were deaths, not new active cases. Deaths for obvious reasons will always lag the spike in cases. That data is also not upto date, only goes to the 20th June. The spikes the US have seen have been in the last week. It is far from under control or subsiding in the US.

Reactions: 2 users
Whoever was running the show should be sacked. Its Trump like in its stupidity. Did someone in the health department just google security gauards and ring AAA Security?

Probably, and then gave them training. Who else would be better at doing security than firms with experience in doing security?

The charts you showed were deaths, not new active cases. Deaths for obvious reasons will always lag the spike in cases. That data is also not upto date, only goes to the 20th June. The spikes the US have seen have been in the last week. It is far from under control or subsiding in the US.

Boom

Chart runs to June 24. The long-term trend is a flattening of the curve. If it turns upward in three weeks, you have a point.