Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Probably, and then gave them training. Who else would be better at doing security than firms with experience in doing security?

I mean from the health department that arranged the security. One would assume they were responsible for the quarantine conditions being health experts and all. I understand Annaliese is busy working on history revisions but there must have been a few others around to run the program.

Perhaps they didn't give them a briefing just said don't let anyone out? Perhaps they let the hotel run the security, without advising exactly what they were required for?

These graphs will help you understand Lee.

EbVbw_XUwAAzWB3

EbHyHFHUEAAInvC

Reactions: 1 user
Whoever was running the show should be sacked. Its Trump like in its stupidity. Did someone in the health department just google security gauards and ring AAA Security?

The qualification for being a security guard is generally being either over 100kg, ex-army, ex police, or being into MMA.

Try scrolling down Lee. June 24th had the 2nd highest number of new cases since the pandemic started in the US, the highest since April 24th. Check out that spike still rising on the 7 day moving average.

1593069129636.png

Try scrolling down Lee. June 24th had the 2nd highest number of new cases since the pandemic started in the US, the highest since April 24th. Check out that spike still rising on the 7 day moving average.

View attachment 9999

Yes I saw it. I look at these things every morning, for a number of countries. The US is doing 40% more testing per day than it did in May, a massive increase. If these are serious cases then fair enough, but if they're Corona McKenna cases then it's not as significant as it appears.

The qualification for being a security guard is generally being either over 100kg, ex-army, ex police, or being into MMA.

I've got one of those requirements covered!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
There was a story a couple of months back to the tune of, but for the Yanks pulling a million bucks or two from an Aussie research project they'd already ploughed heaps of millions into, we'd have a vaccine soon if not now.
I reckon we could do a GoFundMe if we are only $2mill away from getting a vaccine.

• Haha
You literally could not find a world leader worse suited to this current challenge.
If I say I'm not defending Trump it will look like I am ! But with the finger pointing and taunting going on here between the 5 mainland states (well 4 v 1) could any President control 50 states and keep them all happy? I don't know anything about the federal / state demarcation over there.

Probably, and then gave them training. Who else would be better at doing security than firms with experience in doing security?
It's not a "security" job it's a health job.
When I think security I think steroided pony tailed hulk outside a nightclub or a dude driving around factories at 2am in a Mazda 121.
Nforcing health protocols during a pandemic does not fit either of this two job descriptions.

If I say I'm not defending Trump it will look like I am ! But with the finger pointing and taunting going on here between the 5 mainland states (well 4 v 1) could any President control 50 states and keep them all happy? I don't know anything about the federal / state demarcation over there.

Yes the USA is more complex. But there its become a republican vs democrat issue which is insane. Trump fuelled that.

The US federally really doesn't have a policy approach to this. They banned flights from China and have a 200 mile wall on the border of Mexico. That's it.

Trump doesn't even attend WH Covid task force meetings any more. In his mind its gone away.

Looking at the US, what's happening there now, the leadership and general anger in society, theres only one way for the numbers to go

Looks like another spike happening in the States.

"Some context: California obliterated its previous single-day high with 7,149 cases reported on Tuesday, according to state Department of Public Health. The previous record, set the day before, was just more than 5,000. Hospitalization and intensive care rates due to the virus are also at an all-time high in the state.

"I think as we had anticipated with more people out, we would have seen the increase. I think the increase has happened much quicker than we thought it would," Ferrer said."

30% of OS returning Travellers in VIC refusing to be tested for COVID?

that seems reasonable too me,

But I'd also think it would be reasonable to go

'no worries, you can stay in the Mariott botting ciggies off soldiers for the next 2 months'

I understand its a kind of microbiological version of 'if you dont love it, leave'

but *smile* civil rights. I want to go to the footy.

Reactions: 4 users
30% of OS returning Travellers in VIC refusing to be tested for COVID?

Really? Send them straight back or to Christmas Island. At a minimum when they get permission to fly to Aus, make them sign a form that states they agree to being tested for COVID on their arrival and that refusal to do so will have them sent to Christmas Island.

Probably antivaxers

Really? Send them straight back or to Christmas Island. At a minimum when they get permission to fly to Aus, make them sign a form that states they agree to being tested for COVID on their arrival and that refusal to do so will have them sent to Christmas Island.

Probably antivaxers

Yeah surprising! I'd have no problems being tested if I came back. Have to go into quarantine anyway.