Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

What are we doing differently? Is it simply behaviour of infected people? What didn't it explode like this in other states?

Jeez we are in for a long period of restrictions, can't see there being a cricket season, christmas gatherings etc. Shouldn't look too far ahead but this is pretty depressing. Thank goodness for the footy.

What are we doing differently? Is it simply behaviour of infected people? What didn't it explode like this in other states?

Jeez we are in for a long period of restrictions, can't see there being a cricket season, christmas gatherings etc. Shouldn't look too far ahead but this is pretty depressing. Thank goodness for the footy.
The hotel quarantine catastrophe has caused this and the virus now appears to be out of control. It was spreading like wild fire before we even knew. And now we have too many people who are selfish arseholes and don't care what they do. Unfortunately I think we need a full NZ lockdown now. Otherwise we could be living like this until we get a vaccine; if we get a vaccine.

Most probably.
Aged care is a Petri dish for anything and everything.
Both my mother and father were hospitalised for the flu and gastro while in aged care.
Rest in Pease mum and dad.

I'm sorry for your loss.

As I was just saying to someone it really is the perfect storm.
You have poorly paid, poorly educated people going to work when they probably shouldn't & attending to the most vulnerable.
Aged care workers are not health care workers. The health protocols aren't there.
However you can't pull workers out of those environments as who will look after the elderly?
Shocking situation.:(

Reactions: 1 user
I know this is not a popular view with the Government minimisation crowd but what we are seeing is the hazards of privatisation of things that are essential services
The hotel quarantine security was outsourced and was a disaster, private aged residential care is in awful trouble but government run centres are not.
I get all the theory and what the perfect models say but they all ignore one thing which is when there is a profit motive human greed takes over and quality gets shortcut for profit. You either have public models or heavily regulate somethings imo. Aged care is a perfect example of all types of government handing it over largely to private operators because they are scared of the cost.
We have also seen issues with our public systems as well of course. Victoria has ignored the opportunities for public health reform for 15 years now whilst other states have done it. We are also seeing the complete mess that is the separation between state and federal responsibilities being exposed.
I hope we learn from this

Reactions: 8 users
The 2 Queensland imbecilic women who travelled to Melbourne and then back to QLD have been named and shamed. Lied about their movements in the QLD and then spent over a week spreading the virus throughout the community. And the icing on the cake is that they were allegedly in Melbourne with primary aim of stealing designer hand bags.

What quality people :rolleyes:. They've been fined $4K but that's not enough. Give them 6 months in the slammer. This is reprehensible behaviour.Apparently one of them went to the doctor feeling sick on a Saturday and was told to get tested immediately. She proceeded to go out on the town for the next two days and did not get tested until Monday. Who knows how many people they have infected.

They may not have known they had the virus but they knew they were doing the wrong thing by lying and avoiding isolation. They may just have started an outbreak in a state with no community transmission. What a disgrace. No excuse for them; lock the selfish turds up.
They must be locked up. Government should also be looking into possible deportation.

Apparently the wife of a Richmond premiership player left the QLD hub to get her hair/nails?? done and then went back to the hub. Big fine coming the Tiges way.

It will be interesting if this is a testing thing. Ie test results have been low the last few days, maybe there has been a backlog and whilst the number looks high it could be due to the volume of results being released. Will have to wait and see what the stats show.

cant speak for others but I’ve barely left the house in the past couple of weeks. Reckon the lockdown measures must be starting to have an impact.
Same. Work, home, supermarket. No visitors. Friends on zoom. Kids keeping contact with friends through zoom, netflix party. It's not that hard.

People must still be visiting family and friends.

Wonder how many lies the contact tracers are getting told?

Apparently the wife of a Richmond premiership player left the QLD hub to get her hair/nails?? done and then went back to the hub. Big fine coming the Tiges way.
There has only been one wife I have seen up there in the hub for us - I suspect it may be our captain's that was caught out...

To all those idiots who have been refused entry into any establishment for refusing to wear a mask, and would like to explore their legal and constitutional rights.
I know a lawyer, who for a reasonable fee, would be more than happy to explain to you just how ******* selfish and stupid you are.

I know this is not a popular view with the Government minimisation crowd but what we are seeing is the hazards of privatisation of things that are essential services
The hotel quarantine security was outsourced and was a disaster, private aged residential care is in awful trouble but government run centres are not.
I get all the theory and what the perfect models say but they all ignore one thing which is when there is a profit motive human greed takes over and quality gets shortcut for profit. You either have public models or heavily regulate somethings imo. Aged care is a perfect example of all types of government handing it over largely to private operators because they are scared of the cost.
We have also seen issues with our public systems as well of course. Victoria has ignored the opportunities for public health reform for 15 years now whilst other states have done it. We are also seeing the complete mess that is the separation between state and federal responsibilities being exposed.
I hope we learn from this

I don't blame the security firms. Security is not an essential service. The gov't chose to use them. It's on them, not the security firms.

Aged care is a different matter and you raise good points. It also points out how poorly some treat their parents at the end of life. Its not simple and its no fun getting old but It must mean families are choosing to place their parents in facilities that cut corners? How do these people live with themselves? Surely you do some research when choosing the place? And surely you visit, ask questions etc etc? A poor level of care would quickly be revealed.

Hopefully there will be some big changes in the health sector after this.

cant speak for others but I’ve barely left the house in the past couple of weeks. Reckon the lockdown measures must be starting to have an impact.
I've barely left the house since March.

There's alot of selfish people out there prolonging it for everyone. need a total lock down for 2 weeks minimum as some people just don't get it

Reactions: 2 users
It will be interesting if this is a testing thing. Ie test results have been low the last few days, maybe there has been a backlog and whilst the number looks high it could be due to the volume of results being released. Will have to wait and see what the stats show.
87000 tests Friday to Sunday, so imagine these 700 positives come from these, given the current 4-6 day turnaround time.

I don't blame the security firms. Security is not an essential service. The gov't chose to use them. It's on them, not the security firms.

Aged care is a different matter and you raise good points. It also points out how poorly some treat their parents at the end of life. Its not simple and its no fun getting old but It must mean families are choosing to place their parents in facilities that cut corners? How do these people live with themselves? Surely you do some research when choosing the place? And surely you visit, ask questions etc etc? A poor level of care would quickly be revealed.

Hopefully there will be some big changes in the health sector after this.
Sure but my only point was the hotel quarantine was and is a state responsibility and the first thing that happened was that instead of using state resources or commonwealth resources it was outsourced. I have no doubt that if the security was run by some form of Government agency we wouldn't be in this position, at least not as bad.
They wouldn't have been perfect but they wouldn't have handed out shifts on whatsapp either

Reactions: 1 users

They didn't do their job so of course some blame attaches to them. I blame all levels: the security guards, the security firms, the State government for trusting private security when they should have know about issues in the sector and the Federal Government for abrogating their responsibility for quarantine. Heck the hotel quarantines probably go right back to failures at the start like the Ruby Princess.

Reactions: 2 users