Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

A senior Australian Border Force (ABF) officer who allowed 2,700 people to disembark the Ruby Princess cruise ship mistakenly believed passengers displaying "flu-like symptoms" had tested negative to COVID-19, when they had instead tested negative for the common flu.

Finally getting to the truth of why the Ruby Princess disaster happened & who was responsible. Morrison & Dutton have questions they need to answer today.

Hopefully soon get some answers on the quarantine debacle in Victoria.

As does the level of government responsible for quarantine - the Feds. We should have facilities which can be used for quarantine, this country is free of a lot of diseases and we need to keep it that way.

Hindsight is 20/20 but given the vast amount of free land we have in this country why is there not some set aside for this sort of disaster just in case?

I'm seriously thinking of either
Calling in to 5AA tomorrow morning and telling 'em how stuffed the government system is, or
Provoke them into "deporting" me and suing them for an abuse of human rights :cool:

And we'll still try and get tickets to Adelaide Oval :)

Jesus quickdraw.

deported from Adelaide? thats pretty rock bottom.

I really think you should be exempted from the ballot and get some prime seats for the PA thrashing.

#savequickdraw #tigerguerillabehindenemylines

I reckon you should phone membership at the club, explain your plight, and they should get you some seats.

Ive found they bend over backwards to help members

let us know how you go.

Hindsight is 20/20 but given the vast amount of free land we have in this country why is there not some set aside for this sort of disaster just in case?
The Australian Government has a few places they are happy to lock non-criminals up. Unfortunately these are not suitable for white people.

Reactions: 1 user
627 the leaked number for new Victoria cases today :(
Better than 700, not as good as 400, or 300. The number linked to Aged Care cluster(*smile*)s will be telling.
Continued slow growth isnt great but better than the potential exponential growth (I am trying to stay positive :confused:).
The ABC had the R number at 1.03- up from 1.02.

The talk is for all non-essential industries may close, which may be needed.- but if most cases continue to be linked to aged care and health settings that may not be the answer.

600 odd will cause a decent jump in the 7 day moving average. We are dropping off 280.

Agree that the number in aged care and in health workers will be very telling. Both are increasing rapidly and whilst community transmission continues to grow, its at a much lower growth rate than in the clusters. Add to these the meat works and the other known clusters around industry and we could be close to a flat line, maybe even trending down, but they don't provide daily numbers for the known clusters other than aged care and healthworkers.

I added healthworkers to the number in aged care as a % of active cases and on 23rd July they were 18.9% of active cases, as of yesterday they had increased to 27.1% of active cases. Whilst not good, it definitely indicates that we have 2 different issues right now.

Better than 700, not as good as 400, or 300. The number linked to Aged Care cluster(*smile*)s will be telling.
Continued slow growth isnt great but better than the potential exponential growth (I am trying to stay positive :confused:).
The ABC had the R number at 1.03- up from 1.02.

The talk is for all non-essential industries may close, which may be needed.- but if most cases continue to be linked to aged care and health settings that may not be the answer.
Yep agree with all that. The fact that we are not experiencing exponential growth is certainly positive. As for Aged Care yes it is certainly a cluster *smile* and hopefully this will provide the impetus needed to drive change and remove profit making enterprises from this industry. But the Aged Care cluster *smile* is driven by and caused by the hotel quarantine cluster *smile*. What happened there is an absolute disgrace. On Wednesday ABC radio reported that there is genomic mapping that shows every single active case in Australia is linked back to the Rydges Hotel in Swanston Street. Staggering.

Jesus quickdraw.

I really think you should be exempted from the ballot and get some prime seats for the PA thrashing.

I reckon you should phone membership at the club, explain your plight, and they should get you some seats.

let us know how you go.
Good news, Ezy
Jesus quickdraw.

let us know how you go.
Love the hashtags!

Update
Two responses late last night from Sapol saying to ignore their previous emails. Yay. I'm always happy to ignore government.

And here I was, working out how I would lay on thick, the effects of their human rights abuse. Blood pressure, heart problems, wife's in tears, cat losing fur, budgie dropped dead.
All I can say is that the S.A. Government has dodged a massive bullet. ;)

And we're in the ballot for the Adelaide Oval smashing of the local filth! :cool:

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
600 odd will cause a decent jump in the 7 day moving average. We are dropping off 280.

Agree that the number in aged care and in health workers will be very telling. Both are increasing rapidly and whilst community transmission continues to grow, its at a much lower growth rate than in the clusters. Add to these the meat works and the other known clusters around industry and we could be close to a flat line, maybe even trending down, but they don't provide daily numbers for the known clusters other than aged care and healthworkers.

I added healthworkers to the number in aged care as a % of active cases and on 23rd July they were 18.9% of active cases, as of yesterday they had increased to 27.1% of active cases. Whilst not good, it definitely indicates that we have 2 different issues right now.

Yeah the meat works are turning into a disaster zone. How many currently have outbreaks? At least six I think. Serious consideration needs to be given to shutting that industry down for a period though I'm not sure how practical that would be. I guess we could all go vego for a few weeks :(

Another bad number today, but it is a relevant point that this seems to be mainly happening in Aged Care facilities and meatworks. If this is the case then further restrictions in the community would not likely work and there is an issue with compliance given there is enough trouble with compliance now.

I'll paste the full list late today when the DHHS update their numbers as they tend to do this late afternoon, and there are often revisions to earlier numbers.

However, if I just plug 627 into the spreadsheet the 7 day ave rises from 418.43 to 466.71.

That is not a good trend.

DS

Apparently 130 people who had tested positive were not home the past 2 days when checked.
Hope that they are punished severly. *smile* them!
28 day isolation in the slammer. No excuses for these people. Reprehensible behaviour. Everyone knows the rules by now.

Reactions: 1 users
28 day isolation in the slammer. No excuses for these people. Reprehensible behaviour. Everyone knows the rules by now.

Hard to argue. The selfishness of people makes me worry we will never get on top of this.
Maybe those that test positive need ankle bracelets or something to track their movements.
Current stay at home rules are being flouted & lives & livlihoods being destroyed by these assholes.
Civil rights? Give me a break you selfish pricks.

The Premier says that fines for people who are not self isolating when positive with COVID are sufficient penalty. $1,652 and up to $10K if it goes to court.

Sorry Premier that is frog *smile*. These people don't give a *smile* and won't pay the fines; they'll dodge it for years. Many of them can't afford to pay it anyway.

Harsher punitive measures are required in these cases.

Apparently 130 people who had tested positive were not home the past 2 days when checked.
Hope that they are punished severly. *smile* them!

Its dumb. They mentioned one yesterday had gone to work when they went round and the person there told them the person who had tested positive was at work. Its been fairly well documented that if you test positive the Vic government will pay people $1500 to stay home. They will also pay you $300 for the few days it takes from test to confirmed result. I'm not sure why anyone would be going to work in that instance.

Those not isolating at home need to be dealt with, but not put in gaol, enough issues in gaol without potentially introducing the virus.

Put them in some sort of quarantine or ankle bracelets would be a better alternative if this is the chosen solution.

DS

Its dumb. They mentioned one yesterday had gone to work when they went round and the person there told them the person who had tested positive was at work. Its been fairly well documented that if you test positive the Vic government will pay people $1500 to stay home. They will also pay you $300 for the few days it takes from test to confirmed result. I'm not sure why anyone would be going to work in that instance.

1 in 4 that test positive with coronavirus isn't self isolating apparently..I weep for humanity.