Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
QLD 25K test, 0 positives, & NSW 28K tests for 12 positives, last 24 hours.

Vic test numbers and net increase in active cases interesting. There has to be people recovering, on the flip side of all the new positives.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
QLD 25K test, 0 positives, & NSW 28K tests for 12 positives, last 24 hours.

Vic test numbers and net increase in active cases interesting. There has to be people recovering, on the flip side of all the new positives.
It may be too early to be definitive but QLD seems to have dodged a bullet with those girls that came back positive from Melbourne. I hope that is in fact the case.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
It may be too early to be definitive but QLD seems to have dodged a bullet with those girls that came back positive from Melbourne. I hope that is in fact the case.
How long have they been back? 2 weeks, if there was an effect it would have shown by now, you'd think.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Agreed, John Pesuto was definitely one of their better candidates.

The grace that he showed when it was revealed live on-air that he had lost his seat was very impressive, and showed he is all about the community rather than personal ambition.

Tim Smith is an insuferable Gobshite.
Interesting story about that seat of Hawthorn is that the ALP guy who ran against Pesutto was already retired and had planned to be a grey nomad with his wife post the election because he had no expectation of actually winning!
His wife was evidently not happy that their plans had to be put on hold.

• Haha

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

They passed it on to two people at a restaurant who were aged care workers, so Queensland looks to have copped a lucky break.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
This was apparently false modelling published by the Australian as if it were government modelling.
Really? It was reported as Govt. modelling. Poor form if not the case.

Whatever the case I hope it's not accurate as there is no hope in hell this lockdown will end in 6 weeks with those forecasted numbers.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Why did they use June 26 as the benchmark?
it is almost like they picked a day to make Victoria look bad.

also our jump is big because we had relatively few cases back then.
Florida had nearly 9,000 cases in the one day on June 26. they have recovered incredibly well to only have 5,500 cases a couple of days ago.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
What's happened to the VIC Deputy CHO Annaliese Tasmania? I've heard she's been moved on or replaced but I can't find any detail online about it.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Why did they use June 26 as the benchmark?

Probably suited Murdoch's agenda.

Percentage increase in cases is a pretty flimsy measure. Look at the base level of infections of the top 5 countries, very low so a small numerical increase looks like a big percentage increase. The USA would probably come off as being quite good on this measure, and we all know how well they are doing.

The Murdhochian just picks and chooses whatever figures it wants to suit it's agenda.

Today's number in Vic not so bad today (well, in comparison to some of the days we have had lately) but we have seen stepped rises over the last couple of weeks so the question is whether this is just another step in the rise or a plateau or the start of a reduction in new cases. Only time will tell - I'll update my nubers later when DHHS update their site.

Went out for some bread. Local shopping street has lots of closed shops now and a noticeable reduction in pedestrian traffic. This is the idea so let's hope we see some impact soon.

DS

• Haha

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Basket case.

kAwpLHJ.jpg

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...59007e7b700a3fd18f360b783cd92?keyevent=8.25am (paywalled)

Victoria has an issue that literally everyone in the country is aware of, despairing about and dealing with, and now (if a little late) we're doing absolutely everything possible to correct it.

The situation is awful.

But that graphic/data is meaningless and the definition of cherry picked. That's just someone trying to organise, rearrange and frame data to sensationalise a situation that doesn't need sensationalising. We don't need garbage reporting right now.

Looking at it a second time, it's even stupider than I thought. PNG with a thousand percent increase, and only 100 cases. We increased by 700 cases yesterday, and we're below them on the list. Meanwhile, Kazakhstan with 75000 cases is behind us, even though we've had 11 000. It's just jumbled nonsense. Yes, I know it's percentage increase, but the question has to be asked, why? Like the date, to make the situation look worse.

Let alone that Victoria is the only non country on the list, just to make a small and irrelevant sample size smaller and more irrelevant.

Reactions: 3 users