Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

I read it is they were just passing through Kilmore on the way to somewhere else when they decided to stop and eat at the cafe

Dunno.
The Melburnian was allowed to leave the CBD to provide care to someone in Kilmore, but decided to dine at the cafe while transiting through.
The person also triggered a virus alert at White Line Tyres in Benalla on September 30, the same day they dined at Oddfellows.

Seems like multiple breaches of the conditions.

Would have to be surely.

Only 3 cases left in regional Victoria. Would love to see regional Victoria given some form of green light to ease restrictions more in the next 2 weeks assuming zero cases.
You never know. Maybe there was a "Creeping Assumption" that they'd been told by someone?

6 is much better but it sure is going like a roller coaster.

This is how it looks:

COVID19 7 day ave 07102020.jpg

By the numbers:

DateNew Infections7 Day Trailing ave5 Day cented ave14 Day Trailing ave
2 October 2020910.009.6012.29
3 October 2020109.149.8012.07
4 October 202089.579.6011.86
5 October 20201510.4310.93
6 October 202069.8610.36

Lot of talk of the 14 day average now below 10, my figures are from the DHHS and for the whole of Victoria but also tend o be just a tiny bit higher. In any case the trend is there and it is down for the 14 day average but the fall is stalling a bit.

Not far to go but we'll have to see.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Numbers remain persistent with 11 today, at least the persistent number is low, pity it isn't under 10.

COVID19 7 day ave 08102020.jpg

By the numbers:

DateNew Cases7 Day Trailing ave5 Day Centred ave14 Day Trailing ave
3 October 2020108.869.4011.93
4 October 202089.299.6011.71
5 October 20201510.1410.0010.79
6 October 202069.5710.21
7 October 2020119.1410.21

Definitely a plateauing of the averages, still looks challenging to get the numbers right down.

DS

Do we know what the numbers would be if it weren't for the chadstone cluster?
I don’t specifically but based on about 30 in the cluster that’s just over two in our 14 day average of 10. They have all happened in the last 14 days I would think?

Reactions: 1 user
NSW 12 new cases, shows how easily it can jump.

If NSW can keep their numbers steady and hopefully reduce while keeping the economy opened over the next month, we must consider doing the same mid November with the same plans in place.

NSW health seem to be jump on clusters in a more robust way, then we do. Let’s copy their way of doing things if they are working and open up to the same extent.

If NSW can keep their numbers steady and hopefully reduce while keeping the economy opened over the next month, we must consider doing the same mid November with the same plans in place.

NSW health seem to be jump on clusters in a more robust way, then we do. Let’s copy their way of doing things if they are working and open up to the same extent.
must consider? I say must do it.
I just recalled how we all felt empathy back in March for all the Italians locked in their apartments. Wonder if anyone there realises 7 months later we still are.

11 new cases and no deaths today
9.8 is the 14 day average

Unknown cases back down to 12

For perspective, today is the new record for new cases globally - 338779

Reactions: 1 users
It's ati
11 new cases and no deaths today
9.8 is the 14 day average

Unknown cases back down to 12

For perspective, today is the new record for new cases globally - 338779

It's still annoyingly stubborn in Melbourne.

All I want is to go to the pub and get a chicken Parma and down half a dozen schooners. Yes I know I can order it take away but it's not the same as dining in at the local.

Reactions: 5 users
The cases growing in NSW is a worry even if we get back to whatever 'Covid normal' is.
When we get down to 5, when are the borders going to open?

A parma & beer at the pub would be great but more importantly I haven't been able to see my aging folks interstate for what seems an eternity. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Jenny Mikakos stating that you have to treat with caution Dan Andrews hotel quarantine evidence. Is this a kind way of saying he lied? Being reported in the Age. Crisp and Andrews should need to front again.

All I want is to go to the pub and get a chicken Parma and down half a dozen schooners. Yes I know I can order it take away but it's not the same as dining in at the local.

This sounds like a first world problem, but I really wanna get down to the mornington peninsula to mow the lawns at my partners holiday house. I haven't mowed the lawns since June and I'm starting to worry its gonna turn into a fire hazard. long grass is also a sign for potential criminals that no one has been there in a while and we have a lot of valuables down there. Starting to get a bit antsy about it.

This sounds like a first world problem, but I really wanna get down to the mornington peninsula to mow the lawns at my partners holiday house.
Holiday house on the peninsula, definitely a third world problem. :p

This sounds like a first world problem, but I really wanna get down to the mornington peninsula to mow the lawns at my partners holiday house. I haven't mowed the lawns since June and I'm starting to worry its gonna turn into a fire hazard. long grass is also a sign for potential criminals that no one has been there in a while and we have a lot of valuables down there. Starting to get a bit antsy about it.

You could consider it emergency maintenance if it's a fire risk, surely?

Doesn't really make it clear if the second property is outside the 5km zone though...

1602196606567.png

You could consider it emergency maintenance if it's a fire risk, surely?

Doesn't really make it clear if the second property is outside the 5km zone though...

View attachment 10693

I don't think it constitutes an emergency as its not in a bushfire prone area (that’s how I understand it). However, if the 5km limit isn’t removed next week, I’ll be making enquiries to get a 24 hour exemption. I know a couple of people who have ran the gauntlet, but I'm not doing that. I wanna do the right thing under the rules.

Jenny Mikakos stating that you have to treat with caution Dan Andrews hotel quarantine evidence. Is this a kind way of saying he lied? Being reported in the Age. Crisp and Andrews should need to front again.
Yes 100 % that is what she is saying.
As anyone with any non bias has known already , she has stated the creeping assumption explanation is rubbish.
She has laid the blame for the decision to use security guards squarely at Andrews feet.
As I have previously said, will be fascinating to see what follows.
Media is very week and bent over in Victoria. We will see.