Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
"She only shredded that evidence of corruption so she could put it in the recycling."

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Its staggering that we have such stringent controls for returning Australians, and such lax and non-binding requirements for aircrew diplomats etc.
A compromise that should never have happened.
Its the old chestnut about the chain only as strong as the weakest willed flight attendant...
It completely undermines the entire quarantine and lockdown process.
Why bother doing it with such obvious gaping holes
Crew coming in on ships are not even allowed to leave their ships but flight crew have had little to no controls imposed (at least up until now). Maybe some standards should be applied across the board? Canberra? Hello, anyone there?

Reactions: 1 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Aah, renewables are very expensive, that must explain why I haven't had an electricity bill for 10 years.

DS
That's primarily because people who didn't have the capital to purchase and install solar are subsidising your operating costs.

Last edited:

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
It's pretty poor that there is such lax restrictions on flight crews. It really is crazy that there are still issues with people coming in with covid.

But, some pretty quick judgements here that this is going to get out of control in NSW. Haven't NSW have managed it exactly this way for the last 6 months? All of a sudden they are a bunch of clueless muppets? I know which state has a better record of managing covid.

It's probably going to ruin my plans of christmas in Syd with family as the risk of forced quarantining on return is going to grow. But I have faith NSW will get this under control.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
It's probably going to ruin my plans of christmas in Syd with family as the risk of forced quarantining on return is going to grow. But I have faith NSW will get this under control.
Unfortunately it's a perfect storm - people out Christmas shopping, celebrating end of working year, going on holidays etc. I would be very surprised if the numbers aren't growing on January 1. And surprised if it's confined to NSW.

If they can keep this in check, NSW really is the "gold standard".

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Unfortunately it's a perfect storm - people out Christmas shopping, celebrating end of working year, going on holidays etc. I would be very surprised if the numbers aren't growing on January 1. And surprised if it's confined to NSW.

If they can keep this in check, NSW really is the "gold standard".
Yeh, its definitely a challenging time to have a spike in cases. But some awfully quick and harsh judgements here after 3 days.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
This NSW lockdown. Front what I could gather it's purely voluntary right? There is no policing of the lockdown?

It wont work.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Letting them out of lockdown on Christmas Day. So they can all get together and infect each other. Gross stupidity.
I think they're afraid to bring the hammer down and say Christmas is cancelled for that area. If they make it three days and the numbers increase, they can always extend it as public alarm grows and hope for acceptance.
This NSW lockdown. Front what I could gather it's purely voluntary right? There is no policing of the lockdown?

It wont work.
Same restrictions as in March, allowed to go out for essential purposes - work, exercise, shopping, compassionate grounds.

Berejiklian apparently said the cluster "seems contained".

Still no answer as to how it got in, other than the strain originates from the US.

Sister & family are coming down from country NSW, planning to leave Tuesday but bags packed to beat a prospective border closure.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
But how are the restrictions enforced? Everything seemed to be around people doing it themselves rather than something that could be enforced.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
But how are the restrictions enforced? Everything seemed to be around people doing it themselves rather than something that could be enforced.
Could only find this.

What am I not allowed to do if I live on the Northern beaches?

If it's not for one of the four essential reasons listed above, you should not be leaving your home.

Those who disobey risk infecting people and spreading the virus. If that is not a deterrent for some people, there are also hefty fines.

Agree with what you say, if not enforced the measures will fail. Sometimes government rule is required and with public health at stake, this is one of those times.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Could only find this.

What am I not allowed to do if I live on the Northern beaches?

If it's not for one of the four essential reasons listed above, you should not be leaving your home.

Those who disobey risk infecting people and spreading the virus. If that is not a deterrent for some people, there are also hefty fines.

Agree with what you say, if not enforced the measures will fail. Sometimes government rule is required and with public health at stake, this is one of those times.
it is a risk trying the strategy that was tried in Vic first of the localised lockdown, rather than city wide, but i think they have a geographical advantge with rivers and forest cutting the area off from the rest of the city.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Glady's approach is nothing short of pathetic. Seems contained? Someone flew to Queensland with it ffs.

Is she not mandating masks because she can't be seen to follow what Andrews did?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Because they have...immunity? :peepwall

Not to worry. Her mates in the media will spin it for her.

"She's tired."
"It took advantage of her trusting nature."
"It's not like she pork-barrelled $250 million to steal an election...she did that last year."
Dodgy McGuire her secret lover, had a key to her house, I can't remember her mates in the media questioning her about possible Covid breaches while he was coming and going.
I don't know how she is still premier. He resigned from the Liberal party due to alleged high-level government corruption, yet she continued the relationship for a couple more years, and only called it off when the enquiry into him was announced.
No wonder she wanted to keep the relationship a secret.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
A bit of jumping the gun regarding the NSW restrictions.
There will be more to see, no doubt there will be enforcement and penalties. Theyve stated that the actual legislation for this lockdown will be put through by 5pm today.
The immediate term is until Wednesday but no doubt it will be reviewed and most likely extended to at least Christmas eve.

On the streets its quiet. Yesterday was a ghost town. But all testing stations have long long queues.

Its not called the insular peninsula for nothing. Similarities to the mornington peninsula. A localised lockdown has advantages

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
The problem with want the Fed Liberals to enforce consistency is that they back the NSW approach and want open borders, if they had there way Victoria would still be chasing our tail trying to limit the spread, as would every other state as our boarders would have remained open. actually no states would have elimated their cases to zero in the first place if we had the nationwide approach that Morrsion and Frydenburg wanted.

This is spot on, for consistency across the country the Federal Government has to actually govern.