Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Glady's approach is nothing short of pathetic. Seems contained? Someone flew to Queensland with it ffs.

Is she not mandating masks because she can't be seen to follow what Andrews did?

Yeh, she's got no idea. Obviously been dumb luck that they got this far with their lack of restrictions, masks etc. WTF is she thinking?

Everyone should have followed the Vic model. Make a series of creeping assumptions, kill 800 odd people and shut a state for a few months.

Reactions: 1 user
I certainly can't understand why air crews have less quarantine, they come into contact with more people, they need to quarantine separately.

I think the calls for quarantine away from population centres will just get louder. Quarantine right in the middle of cities full of people just makes no sense.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
I certainly can't understand why air crews have less quarantine, they come into contact with more people, they need to quarantine separately.

I think the calls for quarantine away from population centres will just get louder. Quarantine right in the middle of cities full of people just makes no sense.

DS
That is 2 different problems there David.
It sounds like you have conflated the two

. Obviously been dumb luck that they got this far with their lack of restrictions, masks etc.

yes, I think its been dumb luck, and I think Gladys's horse has jumped the rail, exercising its individual rights.

anecdotally, Sydney siders running out of work, not as in impending unemployment, as in legging it.

and jumping on planes and cars and trains to get as far away from Sydney as quickly as possible.

A cluster *smile*, I believe this will become known as.

Im acutely pessimistic on this one.

Dodgy McGuire her secret lover, had a key to her house, I can't remember her mates in the media questioning her about possible Covid breaches while he was coming and going.
I don't know how she is still premier. He resigned from the Liberal party due to alleged high-level government corruption, yet she continued the relationship for a couple more years, and only called it off when the enquiry into him was announced.
No wonder she wanted to keep the relationship a secret.
Where were the hard questions for Gladys from reporters yesterday?
How did this outbreak start? Why did it start? What were the failings? Have you lost control? Why aren't masks being mandated?
Why aren't you locking things down in Sydney to protect the rest of Australia? etc. etc.
There weren't any hard questions because she hand picked a few jernos.
Compare this to the way Andrews has tolerated the media hounds for months.
What a freaking joke she is.

Reactions: 6 users
Where were the hard questions for Gladys from reporters yesterday?
How did this outbreak start? Why did it start? What were the failings? Have you lost control? Why aren't masks being mandated?
Why aren't you locking things down in Sydney to protect the rest of Australia? etc. etc.
There weren't any hard questions because she hand picked a few jernos.
Compare this to the way Andrews has tolerated the media hounds for months.
What a freaking joke she is.

this is extraordinary from gladys under the circumstances

“So can I say to everybody in other parts of Sydney outside the northern beaches, please limit your activity,” she said. “We are asking you to do this in good faith.

“If you are planning a night out tonight, we ask you to consider changing those plans and staying at home.”

consider? good faith? This is ideologically informed rather than microbiologically or behaviourally, no?

Doesn't she ask the Santiago air stewards, who are eating Strepsils five at a time, to consider not to hit tinder and salsa classes in good faith?

Surely our leaders know, that only 97.5 people out of every 100 will act in pretty good faith?

and that the 2.5 become 607 by xmas?

meanwhile,

Qantas' position remained unchanged; it wanted airlines to be able to self-manage quarantine arrangements for their staff and exemptions for crew to remain.

I reckon most 14 year olds would understand that private sector self-regulation does not and has never worked, and why

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
....and the papers put up headlines like 'Gladys saves Xmas'? and 'For Your Own Good'?

sthufferin sthuckatash ...

The only way to make quarantine work long term is physical isolation of air crews, diplomats and travellers.

Any other method has proven to be a time bomb.

Reactions: 6 users
And if you live in London, it’s only 370 sleeps until Christmas...! :banana

• Wow
....and the papers put up headlines like 'Gladys saves Xmas'?

:rotfl2

no wonder Scottfrommarketting is so envious of daryl mcguire.

she seems to a marketing Midas. she even had me until about a month ago.

helps if your on Rupert's Christmas card list

Reactions: 1 users
Imagine the fetid snarling if Andrews had of been a liberal premier?

People are forgetting after the ruby princess debacle nsw was in a world of pain. They had 100 plus daily cases. For weeks. Yet brought it under control without Vic style restrictions. Yet Dan is a hero a Gladys a pariah?

Can someone explain this with some logic rather than ideological bias?

People are forgetting after the ruby princess debacle nsw was in a world of pain. They had 100 plus daily cases. For weeks. Yet brought it under control without Vic style restrictions. Yet Dan is a hero a Gladys a pariah?

Nothing to explain because nobody is saying that.

Nothing to explain because nobody is saying that.

Are we reading different threads?

One state has failed their residents more than any other in this country in managing the pandemic- we all know who that is. There is some serious jumping the gun

Have a look at how much information about venues etc they have within 24 hours of positive tests. Watch a press conference and tell me which state is professional and organised.

30 new cases and they already know where 28 got it. And the other 2 are Northern Suburbs residents.

A smarr, efficient co-ordinated response. Imagine if we had of had that in Vic.

Imagine the fetid snarling if Andrews had of been a liberal premier?

You've given enough anti Dan fetid snarling for all of us.

1. Imagine the fetid snarling if Andrews had of been a liberal premier?

2. Can someone explain this with some logic rather than ideological bias?

1. I recall a large quantity of fetid snarling as it was. Anecdotally, in the media, on here, on facebook, in taxis.

2. youre perception is a touch out

I flew in to Sydney with my partner on Wednesday.... the first case was reported while we were on the plane. nuts

edit - actually it was Tuesday

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

when I was a kid, I watched a lot of old westerns on the Sunday matinee movie on TV. I can actually remember watching them on a black and white TV.

anyway, usually I largely make sense of the world through footy.

But this year, I find theres vast gaps between my analogies, preventing my mind from processing some things.

cause there isnt enough completely unpredictable stuff happens in footy, really. (if you made sense of the world through world soccer, I guess you could draw on The Argentinian team's plane crashing? I dunno, thats not my bag)

So the last few months, Ive been augmenting how I make sense of the world through the old westerns.

and the last couple of months, ive been drawing on the classic scene,

where a lone cowboy is being pursued by a large posse.

and the lone bloke has a slightly faster, but tiring horse, and he knows a hidden entrance to a dramatic and cosy gorge. It even has its own microclimate.

and his horse just makes it through the obscured pass into the gorge in time. and while the posse keep riding, he boils a pot of coffee and hobbles his horse and stares into the flames,

while an owl reassures him.