Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

That would be reasonable, but they would need a ring of steel as people would want to go for a day trip. Also makes political sense as placates part of the electorate.

Unless they find cases beyond the close contacts will they relax the restrictions anyway?

DS
I expect that they should. The contact tracing team should be able to now manage their case load.

2 more CT cases today, you can kiss goodbye to this ending after 5 days. reckon we needed 2 donut days for this to occur.
Well you have changed your tune. What has happened about being positive? This post is more negative than the Herald Sun.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Well you have changed your tune. What has happened about being positive? This post is more negative than the Herald Sun.
Odd post from Bin panicking people especially when Dan says we,re well placed to make changes to lockdown.

I'm hearing lockdown will remain in place until at least 26th February. Not sure how reliable the source is though.

Thats the whole myth about the date on the paperwork that was explained in a lot of detail by Sutton on Sunday, but still being spread by idiots.

Odd post from Bin panicking people especially when Dan says we,re well placed to make changes to lockdown.

Perhaps you're right. I was against this lockdown because it has only been spread to close contacts already in isolation. But I can't see it revoked until we start seeing donuts.

But when Andrews says no decision will be made til on the day, i believe him. he has been consistent with this and I have a contact at the DHHS who has confirmed this more than once.

Thats the whole myth about the date on the paperwork that was explained in a lot of detail by Sutton on Sunday, but still being spread by idiots.
Not sure if that was the source of what I heard but it certainly doesn't gel with what the premier said this morning. He obviously didn't guarantee it but it seems like the lockdown will be lifted if we have similar results tomorrow as we have had the past 4 days.

Dan doing what the feds refuse to do. At least some of this countries leaders are accountable.

Ironic that the feds are happy to spend billions of dollars keeping brown people out of the country in setting up facilities on Christmas Island, Nauru or Manus Island but when ti comes to managing our own returning citizens there is no political will for it. This virus is likely going to be around for a long time so we might as well build proper facilities to handle incoming citizens for quarantine.

Reactions: 3 users
WHO have just approved AZ for emergency use, (only the 2nd drug so far to be approved by them),, the TGA will no doubt approve by the end the week.

At least the TGA cautionary, (tardy), delay in approving has allowed sufficient data to show the optimum interval of the 2nd jab to be 8-12 weeks.

Wish we could all get the Pfizer jab but fact is most will get AZ.

And there it is, AstraZenica TGA approved.

Reactions: 1 user
I see we have order a lot of the Novavax vaccine too. I haven't seen anything as to when we might receive this though (it seems not many countries have ordered this one) so maybe we are fairly high up the order list for that one.

Seems to have very good efficacy, fridge temperature like the AZ one.

I'm hearing lockdown will remain in place until at least 26th February. Not sure how reliable the source is though.
The CHO has emergency powers and those emergency powers terminate on 26th february 2021. That means that he has no power to call a lockdown after that date, which doesn't mean he will extend the lockdown to that date.

That is why parliament is meeting, to debate the extension of the emergency powers.

I feel like until the strategic decision makers get a bit hard and fearless,

were gonna go around in circles.

1. proper quarantine (in the middle of nowhere. Cocos Keeling, Christmas Island, Woomera) WITHOUT EXCEPTION

Don't be silly. An idea like that would take at least 6 months to announce.

not if one of Morrisons mates had a nice little 10 acre block just above the high water mark
Or below the climate change sea rise level, where they might be inclined to hand it over to the feds at a handy sum

• Haha
My understanding is that the lockdown was to prevent, and to see if they could find, any infections beyond the direct contacts they already knew about. In other words, did it escape into the community without us knowing.

5 days would surely throw up a case if it had escaped any further.

So, hopefully, there is a way to relax the restrictions if they have found no further transmission of the virus.

DS

zero cases today. I can confirm the media reports are true and lockdown will end tonight. some minor restrictions likely to stay.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users