Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
quote-what-is-an-anarchist-one-who-choosing-accepts-the-responsibility-of-choice-ursula-k-le-guin-35-95-82.jpg

Anarchist actually.

Yes, hotel quarantine has been effective, but we have seen recently that COVID can spread in hotel quarantine and that is because you have people who have the virus, and those who do not have the virus, mixed in together. Home quarantine would be better, but it would need a fair bit of enforcement because we have that small proportion of people who are jerks.

DS
UKLG is one of my favourite authors.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Hahaha.. that's great.

It's all "muh freedoms" and no masks until they realise masks can protect them from Bill Gates 5G viruses and/or vaccination genocides and social control
The same people who push for a 'burka ban' but cover their own faces when committing domestic terrorism.

Great article here by The Shot on the psychopathic Right's disgusting treatment of Victoria:

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
We need to fully vaccinate more than 1.7% of our population for that to happen. It's not rocket science mate. Vaccinate faster.
I'm in no rush to allow the virus in and content to let the government arrive at a decision whenever it sees fit. Of course if I worked in tourism I might feel differently. But I don't, and I have family who are vulnerable to the virus.

Each to their own antman. One day you might get it.

Reactions: 1 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Nice little piece on who the Feds awarded the vaccine rollout too.

Any different to what any other government does??

Vic govt, What was it 30 million to a mate for 3 mths to run HQ that wasnt on the govt approved list and done in 5 mins via a mobile?? Connect via a mate daughter or something. No skilled HQ security staff or process in place and F'd up everyhting. Only led to the 800 deaths once it spread into the community. I get the witch hunt with pitchforks from 1700s on the current focus on the roll out everywhere but they are all the same no matter which side of the fence any1 supports.

Speaking to a relo tonight overseas, here is an interesting view what their govt did. They had Phizr for over 50s & the AZ for under 40s initially. Now they can chose their prefence. They had a few deaths with AZ.

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Nice little piece on who the Feds awarded the vaccine rollout too.

Yeah, those nice neo-liberal ideologies go clean out the window when there's a chance to get their snouts in the trough. All that crap about competing on a level playing field is just a pack of lies, all neo-libs are like this, they all know it's crock and a smoke screen for making sure the rich get richer and the rest of us get f***ed over.

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Any different to what any other government does??

Vic govt, What was it 30 million to a mate for 3 mths to run HQ that wasnt on the govt approved list and done in 5 mins via a mobile?? Connect via a mate daughter or something. No skilled HQ security staff or process in place and F'd up everyhting. Only led to the 800 deaths once it spread into the community. I get the witch hunt with pitchforks from 1700s on the current focus on the roll out everywhere but they are all the same no matter which side of the fence any1 supports.

I guess if the Feds concentrated on what they are responsible for, Quarantine, and let the States handle what they are responsible for, vaccinations, we wouldn't be in this mess.

As for being the same, I never thought we'd ever see a PM worse than Abbott, but *smile* me if it hasn't happened already.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I guess if the Feds concentrated on what they are responsible for, Quarantine,
This is becoming the narrative but if that was the best cause of action why didn't the experts decide that way? And if the states didn't want the responsibility of quarantine why didn't they push back? They did have a say in it.

The National Cabinet is responsible for endorsing and coordinating national actions in Australia in response to the coronavirus pandemic. It is advised and supported by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC),[11] an ongoing body composed of the Chief Medical Officer of the Commonwealth, Brendan Murphy, and the Chief Health Officers of each of the states and territories.[12] The AHPPC uses the currently available modelling, research and data to inform the decisions made by the National Cabinet.[13]

Scomo has showed no leadership but perhaps the feds were simply not equipped to handle it (who was) and no one had the foresight to see a long-term ongoing need to justify the cost. Has anyone come out with some costings on it?

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
I guess if the Feds concentrated on what they are responsible for, Quarantine, and let the States handle what they are responsible for, vaccinations, we wouldn't be in this mess.

As for being the same, I never thought we'd ever see a PM worse than Abbott, but *smile* me if it hasn't happened already.
No. Thats is wrong imo.

Guess that the States wanted to take control of Quarantine based on the idea of Dan. All came to an agreeance and for a lot more reasons we are not aware of. All happy and united till it fell apart especially in Vic. Couple of stupid errors in States and they quickly start pointing the finger back to feds to blameshift & many bought ot and thus the bs narrative everyone is fixated on. As a country we are fine. rest is BS to me.

I got vaccinated as I saw the benefits but it is not mandatory.

It becomes a mess as I see because of this current stuff up. States stockpiling and claiming they are low when they are not.

The mess as everyone carries on about is BS imo. What are thousand dying?? The ones that caught it how many are on death row. Age care, oh no?? sorry they had their jabs, many refused too & where about to get the 2nd. if it wasnt for the latest break out the narrative wouldnt be as intense. Australia is at the low end of issue regarding Covic

Last edited:

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Scomo has showed no leadership but perhaps the feds were simply not equipped to handle it (who was) and no one had the foresight to see a long-term ongoing need to justify the cost. Has anyone come out with some costings on it?
Agree on Scomo too but what I had seen Aust wasnt equipped for it.
Dont think any country was prepared. Remember the view to have street cleaners wiping poles & street things. Dont see that anymore

HQ was put up to support hotels too since they were empty.

Not sure on other point

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
This is becoming the narrative but if that was the best cause of action why didn't the experts decide that way? And if the states didn't want the responsibility of quarantine why didn't they push back? They did have a say in it.
The states accepted responsibility for quarantine in return for the feds providing what was later called Jobkeeper. Simple as that.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm in no rush to allow the virus in and content to let the government arrive at a decision whenever it sees fit. Of course if I worked in tourism I might feel differently. But I don't, and I have family who are vulnerable to the virus.

Each to their own antman. One day you might get it.

Oh I completely understand your motivation. You aren't interested in discussing the vaccine rollout as you completely trust ScoMo on this.

Let's move on.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Great article here by The Shot on the psychopathic Right's disgusting treatment of Victoria:

I reckon plenty of the psychopathic right commentary

comes out of dark rooms full of robots in russia and china.

probably the looney left too.

destabilise. seems to work.

its better than believing theres shitloads of *smile* in your neighbourhood, anyway

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Oh I completely understand your motivation. You aren't interested in discussing the vaccine rollout as you completely trust ScoMo on this.

Let's move on.
He doesn't have a plan (that we're aware of) other than to get past the election, and he knows the decision to open up will cause people to die. Perhaps you should demand to see the plan, of which the rollout is only part.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
And you wouldn't take any notice of what e.g. Andrew Bolt tells you to do, would you?
No problem agreeing with Bolt when he's right. This wouldn't be the first time I've agreed with Bolt.
He doesn't have a plan (that we're aware of) other than to get past the election, and he knows the decision to open up will cause people to die. Perhaps you should demand to see the plan, of which the rollout is only part.
The plan was to have everyone with at least the first shot done by October this year. Then they binned that when they *smile* it up. The new plan reflects the fact they *smile* up the need to vaccinate asap. Their current plan reflects their prioritising of PR damage control and re-election over the best course of action for Australia.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

As Baloo says, they had a plan and failed to meet any of the targets in that plan.

The fact that they have no bigger plan on how to open up is also an indictment on them.

As MD Jazz says, vaccination stops people getting ill and dying, reduces transmission and allows us to reopen Australia and our economy faster so let's get on with it.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Pretty sure near the beginning of the pandemic it was clearly going to be a long term proposition. They could have used hotel quarantine as a short term solution while working on Federal solution fit for purpose for the long term

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Guess that the States wanted to take control of Quarantine based on the idea of Dan. All came to an agreeance and for a lot more reasons we are not aware of. All happy and united till it fell apart especially in Vic. Couple of stupid errors in States and they quickly start pointing the finger back to feds to blameshift & many bought ot

I've said this before a change in opinion based on new evidence is not blame shifting.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
couple of shops in Mullumbimby requesting vaccinated people dont enter.

I think theres always been plenty of very stupid people around, but Facebook has made them feel much more comfortable with acting out their stupidity.

But looking on the bright side, if they are in Mullumbimby, they are not near me.

The Theory of Cultural Fly-Paper.