Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

You need to read this Lee and come up to speed and acknowledge you’re way out of step in relation to Covid.

And when you’ve finished you can then come back on and further acknowledge that Norway was a country that halted AZ.

Hence the Pfizer was reserved for under 50's.

Repeat: what is the chronic, repetitive deadly side effect of Pfizer?

Moderna will be here in a few months. Like I said, there is a choice. And people can still request the AZ if that's what they really want. But it has effectively been taken off the market.

Tell me again why AZ is being phased out.
AZ is being phased out by a government looking for any deplorable excuse it can to duck and shield away from its abject failure to vaccinate this country with any form of co ordination and expediency what so ever. That’s the level of pm and government you support. Even virologists can’t get the the reasoning.

Meanwhile countries using it eg the UK, India, France, Germany etc continue to protect themselves at far greater speed than this country and with minimal risk. But of course you and Dud Mo are looking for that magnificent .00004% improvement whilst everything goes to *smile*. Great thinking. Like I said you’re not so good with maths and risk assessment.

And the few countries that have suspended AZ anyway, a number have done so only on the basis of suspending for under 50’s.

What’s your excuse then for the huge amount of over 50’s that will still remain unvaccinated over the next however many months ?

Reactions: 4 users
AZ is being phased out by a government looking for any deplorable excuse it can to duck and shield away from its abject failure to vaccinate this country with any form of co ordination and expediency what so ever. That’s the level of pm and government you support. Even virologists can’t get the the reasoning.

Meanwhile countries using it eg the UK, India, France, Germany etc continue to protect themselves at far greater speed than this country and with minimal risk. But of course you and Dud Mo are looking for that magnificent .00004% improvement whilst everything goes to *smile*. Great thinking. Like I said you’re not so good with maths and risk assessment.

And the few countries that have suspended AZ anyway, a number have done so only on the basis of suspending for under 50’s.

What’s your excuse then for the huge amount of over 50’s that will still remain unvaccinated over the next however many months ?

Merkel got a second jab of Moderna after the initial AZ. Canada has recommended against AZ. Italy's in uproar after a teenager died from blood clots. And that's just this week.

The answer's jumping up and down and slapping you in the face and still you refuse to see it, but it matters not. AZ is history.

You should be pleased that by offering Pfizer to everyone, it will increase vaccine uptake by bringing the AZ-hesitant aboard.

Last edited:
Mekki Merkel got a second jab of Moderna after the initial AZ. Canada has recommended against AZ. Italy's in uproar after a teenager died from blood clots. And that's just this week.
The answer's jumping up and down and slapping you in the face and still you refuse to see it, but it matters not. AZ is history.

You should be pleased that by offering Pfizer to everyone, it will increase vaccine uptake by bringing the AZ-hesitant aboard.

Nice avoidance again of questions Lee.

But anyway “A” person died of blood clots in Italy did they ? So did “A” person from Pfizer somewhere in the world I’m sure. Plus myocarditis developments in young people (Israel discovering that now).

In case you haven’t got it, there is no such thing as a 100% safe vaccine. It doesn’t exist. There’s only minor differences in safety between brands. The worldwide “in practice” data absolutely proves that.

If you were gonna present an argument (excuse) for SLO-Mo to be even slower and f up this vaccination program more, you’d be infinitely better off using the efficacy data one where there’s reasonable evidence to suggest that Pfizer is a more effective vaccine - especially against new variants - than AZ. Probably why Merkel got a shot of Moderna. Also more effective.

Have a read.

No *smile*. Everyone knows that vaccination is the only way out - except the worst Prime Minister in our country’s history and the all too many lackadaisical “she’ll be right” bullsht Australians we have that CAN actually get vaccinated, but havent.

We’ve got massive problems in this country and will continue to have them until both are addressed.

In the USA they went full bore with developing vaccines, distributing them, promoting and educating people on them and what it means for the country and regaining normalcy, and dispensing them. This country ? A dangerous, uncoordinated hapless joke on all fronts.

Covid has shown up the glaring weaknesses in our governments and the Australian psyche to some extent as well.
Hands up who knows people who haven't hesitated to bag the Victorian government at every turn but haven't made a peep about the treacle-slow vaccine roll-out.

Reactions: 1 users
Mekki Merkel got a second jab of Moderna after the initial AZ. Canada has recommended against AZ. Italy's in uproar after a teenager died from blood clots. And that's just this week.

Nice avoidance again of questions Lee.

But anyway “A” person died of blood clots in Italy did they ? So did “A” person from Pfizer somewhere in the world I’m sure. Plus myocarditis developments in young people (Israel discovering that now).

In case you haven’t got it, there is no such thing as a 100% safe vaccine. It doesn’t exist. There’s only minor differences in safety between brands. The worldwide “in practice” data absolutely proves that.

If you were gonna present an argument (excuse) for SLO-Mo to be even slower and f up this vaccination program more, you’d be infinitely better off using the efficacy data one where there’s reasonable evidence to suggest that Pfizer is a more effective vaccine - especially against new variants - than AZ. Probably why Merkel got a shot of Moderna. Also more effective.

Have a read.
Astraa Zeneca is being deprecated because it has been deemed to present an unacceptable health risk. End of story.

You played AZ roulette and won? Good luck to you. Don't spend it all at once.

Anyone in particular Phil Spooktre ?
Just the usual "Dictator Dan" whingers I'm sure everyone's Facebook feed has been clogged with for over a year. Not one of them on my feed has said boo about Morrison's pathetic handling of all this.

Astraa Zeneca is being deprecated because it has been deemed to present an unacceptable health risk. End of story.

You played AZ roulette and won? Good luck to you. Don't spend it all at once.
By the UK ? No. By a bunch of Euro countries ? No. By India ? No. And on...

You gonna answer any of my questions Lee ? I’ve answered yours. How about some courtesy.

1. What’s this magical vaccine alternative with significant risk reduction ?

2. What’s your excuse for the huge amount of over 50’s that have, and still remain un vaccinated and for which your boy SLO MO still says AZ is acceptable for ?

3. One other. The assessment of AZ v alternatives and strategy thereof going forward is only recent. Why, especially when we are one of only 7 or 8 AZ producers in the world, are we some 6 months off target v what your boy promised ?

4. Sorry, can’t help myself. What government official has said in Australia that AZ “presents an unacceptable risk” ? I know Julie Leask who has a background in social behaviour related to immunisation and mid wifery and who the Murdoch media use for quotes said that, but what senior government or health official has ?

Last edited:
By the UK ? No. By a bunch of Euro countries ? No. By India ? No. And on...

You gonna answer any of my questions Lee ? I’ve answered yours. How about some courtesy.

1. What’s this magical vaccine alternative with significant risk reduction ?

2. What’s your excuse for the huge amount of over 50’s that have, and still remain un vaccinated and for which your boy SLO MO still says AZ is acceptable for ?

3. One other. The assessment of AZ v alternatives and strategy thereof going forward is only recent. Why, especially when we are one of only 7 or 8 AZ producers in the world, are we some 6 months off target v what your boy promised ?

4. Sorry, can’t help myself. What government official has said in Australia that AZ “presents an unacceptable risk” ? I know Julie Leask who has a background in social behaviour related to immunisation and mid wifery and who the Murdoch media use for quotes said that, but what senior government or health official has ?
1. What an obtuse question. Pfizer and Moderna. Yes, mRNA vaccines can result in anaphylactic shock; the risk is about the same as for the flu shot.
2. I don’t understand what I’m supposed to be excusing. We’re a nation of recalcitrants which is getting its info from Twitter and the like. Plus we’ve been spared the brunt of the virus. If it was rampant, people wouldn’t be so picky.
3. I don’t know and don’t really care. It’s only a concern for those who enjoy being all dressed up with no place to go.
4. Read between the lines, it’s a political issue and nobody wants to start a fight with Oxford Uni which is claiming there is “no evidence” for the vaccine causing blood clots. Plus Australia will probably donate its excess AZ to poorer countries and doesn’t want to shout from the rooftops that it’s not good enough for us, but please accept our gift… A work colleague based in India says they have a choice between AZ and AZ.

1. What an obtuse question. Pfizer and Moderna. Yes, mRNA vaccines can result in anaphylactic shock; the risk is about the same as for the flu shot.
2. I don’t understand what I’m supposed to be excusing. We’re a nation of recalcitrants which is getting its info from Twitter and the like. Plus we’ve been spared the brunt of the virus. If it was rampant, people wouldn’t be so picky.
3. I don’t know and don’t really care. It’s only a concern for those who enjoy being all dressed up with no place to go.
4. Read between the lines, it’s a political issue and nobody wants to start a fight with Oxford Uni which is claiming there is “no evidence” for the vaccine causing blood clots. Plus Australia will probably donate its excess AZ to poorer countries and doesn’t want to shout from the rooftops that it’s not good enough for us, but please accept our gift… A work colleague based in India says they have a choice between AZ and AZ.
I think that says it all.

There’s currently a 0.00005% risk of dying from the AZ shot based on the Australian experience to date. Even better than the low UK rate. But hey, you know Pfizer is just sooo much better on the safety front you know.

Despite 70% of Australians intending to get vaccinated - if they could but of course they can’t because of our shitful federal government’s botched roll out - you reckon they aren’t coz they’re all recalcitrants. Ok. Sure.

You don’t care we’re so far behind in our roll out. By extension you then don’t care about the ongoing health risk and endless lockdowns, damage to the economy etc. either. Great outlook.

Just admit that no government or health official has said AZ is an “unacceptable risk.” In fact it’s still being promoted for use in +60’s and people getting second doses.

Our vaccination roll out is the biggest, unadulterated f up by the worst PM and government in our country’s history.

Reactions: 2 users
Hate to have to spell out the obvious but there's a far higher risk of dying from COVID than any vaccine.
Hope like blazes that this highly infectious Delta variant doesn't spread through a vulnerable Australian community because this debate will quickly fade if it does. As will any concerns over lockdowns.

Whatever vaccine we go with, just get it out faster Slomo.

Reactions: 1 users
Hate to have to spell out the obvious but there's a far higher risk of dying from COVID than any vaccine.
Hope like blazes that this highly infectious Delta variant doesn't spread through a vulnerable Australian community because this debate will quickly fade if it does. As will any concerns over lockdowns.

Whatever vaccine we go with, just get it out faster Slomo.
Relax. At this current rate - less than 3% of the country fully vaccinated since the late and behind schedule roll out commenced - the country will be sufficiently vaccinated by about 2038 it seems.

If it wasn’t so serious you’d laugh.

Murphy and co told the Covid Senate Select Committee during the week that as part of their total review and “complete refresh” (their words) of this botched rollout, they were going to investigate the possibility of using pharmacies to aid in dispensing vaccines. FMD.

Other countries have been using that lever since day one with their roll outs. The pharmacists have been screaming out for months their willingness and capacity.

But here we are with Slo Mo “investigating” it.

Ah I shouldn’t be too hard on him. Can’t dispense vaccines you don’t even have stock of, I suppose.

Couldn’t have a worse government in a time of crisis.

Reactions: 3 users
Every bloody outbreak anywhere in Aus means more delays in opening up safe travel.

With aging parents not in great health, I'm starting to shift from hoping I can fly in to watch us in our Grand Final this year to hoping my kids get to see their grandparents again.

*smile* civil rights. Anti-vaxxers should be rounded up, held down and vaccinated for the sake of the country.

Reactions: 1 user