Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Vaccination is key. So what do the Gov do? Announce they are stopping the AZ vaccine in favour of Moderna. Once that snippet of info is out in social media land with no context, even semi-rational people might decide not to get the AZ and wait.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Vaccination is key. So what do the Gov do? Announce they are stopping the AZ vaccine in favour of Moderna. Once that snippet of info is out in social media land with no context, even semi-rational people might decide not to get the AZ and wait.

Even worse, I suspect this is influencing people to not have their second jab.

DS

Even worse, I suspect this is influencing people to not have their second jab.

DS
It, and Morrison are an unmitigated disaster.

Now the owner of the dry cleaner in Sandringham has tested positive as well. That’s the start of the local cases. The owners family have tested negative, so let’s hope we’re not off to the races again but sounds like the employee has moved around extensively whilst infectious - just like Whittlesea. Delta strain again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I'm not sure he'd done much wrong Spook. West Hoxton was a "green zone" as far as Victoria was concerned up until today and the even he was at was not identified as an exposure site until he was back home (maybe on Tuesday?). He was not symptomatic when he travelled home and he seems to have been tested as soon as he felt sick. From all reports he has acted appropriately and let's hope that his movements on Monday and Tuesday were minimal. Govt is saying they have all his primary close contacts so it may not be as bad as we think. Who knows what happened on his trip from the airport to Oakleigh though................

The only thing I'm not sure of was when he actually travelled to Sydney. Even so that area wasn't a red zone according to either VIC or NSW Govts. Let's hope we get lucky this time. No doubt we are all pretty well over this *smile*.
Said he lives alone which may well be a COVId first, all our vic cases seem to live in share houses or extended families.

No *smile*. Everyone knows that vaccination is the only way out - except the worst Prime Minister in our country’s history and the all too many lackadaisical “she’ll be right” bullsht Australians we have that CAN actually get vaccinated, but havent.

We’ve got massive problems in this country and will continue to have them until both are addressed.

In the USA they went full bore with developing vaccines, distributing them, promoting and educating people on them and what it means for the country and regaining normalcy, and dispensing them. This country ? A dangerous, uncoordinated hapless joke on all fronts.

Covid has shown up the glaring weaknesses in our governments and the Australian psyche to some extent as well.
Any idea how the yanks turned around from large pockets of anti containment measures to lining up for a vaccine like sheep headed to the dip? Simply a change in Whithouse occupant?

So they should have kept that quiet? Should have stuck with AZ? Damned either way it would seem.

Any idea how the yanks turned around from large pockets of anti containment measures to lining up for a vaccine like sheep headed to the dip? Simply a change in Whithouse occupant?
Virtually every state 1) acquired the necessary doses they needed via the Feds 2) via Federal protocols established broad based distribution models that included hubs, chemists, pop up sites, GP’s… you name it and 3) went on an advertising and promotion blitz to educate people about its importance. Even sports franchises advertise at stadiums to their fan bases about the importance.

“Don’t be a Pussy. Put a Tiger in your tank. Vaccinate.”

Pretty *** simple. But of course you can’t even get to first base when your **** federal government can’t get adequate supplies despite the country even being an en masse producer ie the AZ production facility here in Melbourne.

Last edited:
As I said, I'd have closed it two days ago. No faith in Gladys to contain it. Lock down is a foreign language to her.
I do have faith she will be able to contain it.

Will be interesting to see how NSW deal with this & if a lockdown is used. They have the best contract tracing methods.

If they contain it & without a lockdown, nothing but praise for her. Dont care about the political party she's from but many do.

Will be interesting to see how NSW deal with this & if a lockdown is used. They have the best contract tracing methods.

If they contain it & without a lockdown, nothing but praise for her. Dont care about the political party she's from but many do.
Yep. At least she doesn't jump at shadows like our clowns do.

I agree. If she can contain it power to her. Shame its in Melbourne & NZ already though.

I agree. If she can contain it power to her. Shame its in Melbourne & NZ already though.
Yeah. Worried for more lockdowns here. I dont have any faith in the clowns (Im keeping it nice) in Vic. Dont trust anything they say, compulsive liars. Just my view.

I know many disagree, Scomo, Dan, Gladys, & other key figures in this country. Views differ but I do look at what she has achieved during this whole pandemic. Its awesome. All politics aside.
Sadly saw 2 major business going/gone near were I live. Sad. Both been around 20+ years. If she can show the way through it, untouchable. Agree power to her!

They have the best contract tracing methods.

Do they really?
This guy had got tested here, got positive result, and primary contacts had been traced,
yet as of this morning, he had not been contacted by the NSW contact tracers even though he was at the super spreader event that was all over the news, last weekend

I'm not comparing what they do, or how better or worse they are in NSW compared to here, just that just because they keep telling everyone they're the best, doesn't mean they are.

I do really hope they get on top of it, and soon

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah. Worried for more lockdowns here. I dont have any faith in the clowns (Im keeping it nice) in Vic. Dont trust anything they say, compulsive liars. Just my view.

I know many disagree, Scomo, Dan, Gladys, & other key figures in this country. Views differ but I do look at what she has achieved during this whole pandemic. Its awesome. All politics aside.
Sadly saw 2 major business going/gone near were I live. Sad. Both been around 20+ years. If she can show the way through it, untouchable. Agree power to her!
I go to the office 1 day a week, and get sick of the deafening silence and ghost town around me.

• Sad
I go to the office 1 day a week, and get sick of the deafening silence and ghost town around me.
Im self employed in burbs but wife now refuses to go in. Was told 1 day a week too, but asked to stay home. Said ok.

Heard a lady on radio (mornington) who goes into the city on weekends. Claimed its got a bad uncomfortable feeling to it now. A lot of graffiti. Many small business shut or just holding on. Many not happy. (Collins / Bourke - central)
Is that true? has that been your experience?

Im self employed in burbs but wife now refuses to go in. Was told 1 day a week too, but asked to stay home. Said ok.

Heard a lady on radio (mornington) who goes into the city on weekends. Claimed its got a bad uncomfortable feeling to it now. A lot of graffiti. Many small business shut or just holding on. Many not happy. (Collins / Bourke - central)
Is that true? has that been your experience?
Definitely bad. It's like a ghetto. I work at Docklands near the Dump and sad to see how many takeaways have emptied out. Driving through Carlton and Fitzroy also. All those FOR SALE signs remind me of the early 90s recession times.

• Sad