Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Set aside blood clots, as it's basically a pointless thing to worry about.

The weird extra question mark here, is that 30's to 40's might actually get vaccinated quicker by waiting for this next Pfizer shipment than by going out today and getting AZ, due to the quicker time between shots, and the relative ineffectiveness of a single shot. That depends on what the Feds plans are for the next shipment.

It also seems you're better protected from the delta variant with Pfizer than with AZ, but AZ is infinitely better than nothing.

Combine that with the lack of information and clarity and its actually quite difficult to know the best decision to take right now, to get yourself protected from COVID.

Personally, I'm 32, and after hearing yesterday I'm finally allowed to get a vaccine, I'm going to get one. My GP is booked out for 3 weeks, so I've made an appointment for then to get AZ.

I don't know if it's the best decision, because it means I won't be fully vaccinated till October-November ish. I could probably become eligible and get both Pfizers in that time. But that depends on our inept federal government to actually organise something.

This should not have been this complicated.

Yep, should not have been that complicated at all.

I agree with the blood clots being such a low probability that one should not worry, especially given they can treat the condition in just about all cases. My question is really a response to the "ask your GP" response from the Feds - my question is whether there is anything one could ask a GP about in terms of risk factors for the blood clots, not sure we know if there are any specific factors which mean some people are more likely to get a blood clot.

You are right about the speed of getting both doses. I have talked to people who are likely to get Pfizer soon and will be fully vaccinated before I am as I am waiting for late August for the second shot. That 12 week wait is a pain.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
State versus federal at every level. An unmitigated disaster.

Every day gets worse for Scott Morrison.
If this keeps up it's only a matter of time until we're on our fourth PM in the eight years of this government.

It's all good, though. Murdoch sub-editors can't even spell dysfunction.

Reactions: 3 users
Set aside blood clots, as it's basically a pointless thing to worry about.

The weird extra question mark here, is that 30's to 40's might actually get vaccinated quicker by waiting for this next Pfizer shipment than by going out today and getting AZ, due to the quicker time between shots, and the relative ineffectiveness of a single shot. That depends on what the Feds plans are for the next shipment.

It also seems you're better protected from the delta variant with Pfizer than with AZ, but AZ is infinitely better than nothing.

Combine that with the lack of information and clarity and its actually quite difficult to know the best decision to take right now, to get yourself protected from COVID.

Personally, I'm 32, and after hearing yesterday I'm finally allowed to get a vaccine, I'm going to get one. My GP is booked out for 3 weeks, so I've made an appointment for then to get AZ.

I don't know if it's the best decision, because it means I won't be fully vaccinated till October-November ish. I could probably become eligible and get both Pfizers in that time. But that depends on our inept federal government to actually organise something.

This should not have been this complicated.
I think net the population will get vaccinated quicker with some u60s starting with az. We will probably shift from a supply to a delivery pinch point and eventually to the ‘I don’t want to do it constraint’. We clearly have excess delivery capacity right now. Starting now is also risk insurance if something goes wrong with Pfizer supplies.

the messaging is non existent.

Reactions: 1 user
Thats ok carpparks, rail way crossings or developments completed for election time, its done by all.

Yes it is. Eddie obeid could corrupt most of LNP's dodgiest under the table

but as a rule, theres 5 corrupt, non transparent, gormless, unaccountable LNP complete *smile*, to every 1 in power for Labour

they all do it doesnt wash im afraid.

this current LNP govt is the least transparent (corrupt) federal govt weve ever had.

this is backed up by statistics. 5 times more unreported, discretionary, spending (pork barrelling at best, corruption at worst) than the 2nd least transparent govt ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Yep, should not have been that complicated at all.

I agree with the blood clots being such a low probability that one should not worry, especially given they can treat the condition in just about all cases. My question is really a response to the "ask your GP" response from the Feds - my question is whether there is anything one could ask a GP about in terms of risk factors for the blood clots, not sure we know if there are any specific factors which mean some people are more likely to get a blood clot.

You are right about the speed of getting both doses. I have talked to people who are likely to get Pfizer soon and will be fully vaccinated before I am as I am waiting for late August for the second shot. That 12 week wait is a pain.

DS

You can always start with the AZ then get 2 Pfizer shots & not worry about getting the last AZ. You'll have Better immunity

You can always start with the AZ then get 2 Pfizer shots & not worry about getting the last AZ. You'll have Better immunity

Hmm, can't get an answer on the co-morbidities with blood clots, maybe they don't know yet.

Anyway, I'll get my second AZ in late August and I suspect we may get Pfizer as a booster next year.

DS

Hmm, can't get an answer on the co-morbidities with blood clots, maybe they don't know yet.

Anyway, I'll get my second AZ in late August and I suspect we may get Pfizer as a booster next year.

DS
Research has been very promising on mixing the vaccines. Hope it will be ok to do

Wait and see what is in place to be able to do it too hopefully next year.

What’s the view on Pfizer after 2 AZ shots ? Not 1….I know it creates more effectiveness having Pfizer after 1 AZ… but after you’ve had the full 2 AZ shots? Can you get even greater effectiveness ? Could you transmit to Mars ???

Tried to research it but could only find info relating to having just the 1 AZ shot then getting Pfizer.

What’s the view on Pfizer after 2 AZ shots ? Not 1….I know it creates more effectiveness having Pfizer after 1 AZ… but after you’ve had the full 2 AZ shots? Can you get even greater effectiveness ? Could you transmit to Mars ???

Tried to research it but could only find info relating to having just the 1 AZ shot then getting Pfizer.
My thoughts were based on OXford research had positive results mixing the two (1 each) which resulted in a stronger immune system. There was talk that the AZ will need a booster shot depending on variants.
My thoughts were in line that later on if a booster is needed for AZ then the Pfizer might be the option as the booster. Not 100% sure yet. Waiting to see if they go that way to see research( or the Moderna one)

My thoughts were based on OXford research had positive results mixing the two (1 each) which resulted in a stronger immune system. There was talk that the AZ will need a booster shot depending on variants.
My thoughts were in line that later on if a booster is needed for AZ then the Pfizer might be the option as the booster. Not 100% sure yet. Waiting to see if they go that way to see research( or the Moderna one)
Yeah I know the 1 each suggestions.

What I wanna know is, what’s the view on 2:1 ? If a booster is needed after 2 AZ when, and how does that relate to Pfizer ….AND….also the fact AZ are about to release a Gen II vaccine to address variants ie the Beta variant ?

So many questions.

Yeah I know the 1 each suggestions.

What I wanna know is, what’s the view on 2:1 ? If a booster is needed after 2 AZ when, and how does that relate to Pfizer ….AND….also the fact AZ are about to release a Gen II vaccine to address variants ie the Beta variant ?

So many questions.
There are so many Qs.

Sorry Red, I havent seen anywhere after 2 AZ then boost with Pfzr. Havent come across anyone trying yet. My thoughts it might work based on 1 AZ then 1 Pfzr

There are so many Qs.

Sorry Red, I havent seen anywhere after 2 AZ then boost with Pfzr. Havent come across anyone trying yet. My thoughts it might work based on 1 AZ then 1 Pfzr
You’d think so wouldn’t you ?

If you’re the antithesis of an anti vaxxer dhead and instead you took a max vax approach, would a 2:1 benefit you if you could get it ?

Interesting.

If you’re the antithesis of an anti vaxxer dhead and instead you took a max vax approach, would a 2:1 benefit you if you could get it ?

Interesting.
You'd probably pick up 6G on your mobile

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Interesting.
Yep. I was thinking that.

You got my train of thought.

I went even as far as speaking to a medical composition expert for meds in Monash Hosp to see the impact of what they supply to me after a trial I was on, being mixed with AZ. gave me a path how to handled my meds. Worked beautifully. About to stop one next week before my 2nd shot of AZ.

You'd probably pick up 6G on your mobile
hahaha. I hope so.

In another development, early research seems to suggest Pfizer and Moderna may remain an effective defence for 2 to 3 years at least. Early doors research though.