Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thanks! I'm considering getting my second dose early as I'm an impatient fellow... someone told me this was possible but I've not found any confirmation of this.

@AngryAnt, based on the following I would be patient:

The Therapeutic Goods Administration’s advice is that AstraZeneca should be administered in two doses between four and 12 weeks apart. The ATAGI has recommended that the interval between first and second doses be 12 weeks.

A study published in the Lancet in February indicated that if the second dose was given less than six weeks after the first, vaccine efficacy at preventing symptomatic infections was 54.9 per cent. If given at least 12 weeks apart, efficacy rose to 82.4 per cent.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
ScoMo's marketing background is coming in handy, he's got an End Of Financial Year sale on the AstraZeneca vaccine. But wait there's more, he's going to throw in a set of steak knives.

:D

AZ jab free with every free carpark free with every heated wave pool

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
There was some criticism that the myGov website was slow to upload vaccination status. I had my second shot on Friday and now I have my certificate to show that I’m fully vaccinated.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
So 24 out of the 30 at the West Hoxton birthday party super spreader event contracted the virus.

The other 6 didn’t. You guessed it….

This is really interesting. There's been quite mixed messaging that people who are vaccinated still contract the virus but it minimises symptoms but could still pass it on. That these people who were vacinated didn't even contract the virus is a very important development.

There was some criticism that the myGov website was slow to upload vaccination status. I had my second shot on Friday and now I have my certificate to show that I’m fully vaccinated.
Good news. Important that being vaccinated is a transparent process. I sure want people to know I've been vacinated, just as I want to know who hasn't been.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Mine was updated the same day.

Reactions: 1 user

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
:D

AZ jab free with every free carpark free with every heated wave pool
An even sweeter deal, you'll see Dan just sold a property worth about 15mill for 5mill to a chinese coy. Prime rural real estate! Now thats a nice sweetner ! :)

Thats ok carpparks, rail way crossings or developments completed for election time, its done by all.

Love the BIG headline on news.c.au read today. QLD COVOID OUTBREAK GROWS (sorry about the caps. that how it was): Unvaccinated hospital worker spreads virus.
The fear push technique is on. Read on, 1 other person got it. Really?!, 1 !!

Last edited:

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Indonesia in big trouble.

India seems to have gotten in under control in a matter of weeks, guess its the vaccination. who knows.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

I had my 2nd jab last Wednesday & my covid certificate was available for download 2hrs later. I now have a copy of it on my phone.

Reactions: 1 users

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Said, there has been no national cabinet decision about providing AstraZeneca to the under 40s. wtf.

Reactions: 1 user

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
QLD premier and health team very very pissed with Feds.
Wheels are falling off now all states getting covid and not enough vac and poor rollout.
Everyone is fed up with hopeless management.
Remains idiotic that people involved with covid are not vaccinated and that travellers are not vaccinated.
No immediate answer insight until mass vaccination happens on a large scale.
QLD telling us multiple thousands of people are entering Australia who are not Australians and who are not vaccinated. Business reasons only. They are denying Australians the chance to return.
Telling us our country borders are in fact NOT closed. Good to hear some honesty!
Finally...so nice to hear an honest conversation .

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
There has been a fair bit of talk about how effective the vaccine is and how some countries with high vaccination rates are still getting infections. While the infection numbers in countries with high vaccination rates can be high, and while this makes a good headline for the likes of Murdoch tabloids, the reality is more nuanced as a good article in The Age showed today.

Among other things it stated:

Overall, 92,000 people in England have contracted the Delta variant between February 1 and June 21. Seventy per cent had not been vaccinated at all or did not have enough time for an immune response to kick in from their first dose.

Only 7.8 per cent of new Delta cases were among double-vaccinated Britons.

And nobody in England aged under 50 and double jabbed has died from the Delta variant this year.

Also:

Public Health England now believes the AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have prevented 7 million people from getting COVID-19. This is a remarkable outcome given the primary purpose of the jabs was to cut serious disease and death, not reduce transmission.

It is also a reality check for those holding out false hope that vaccines will eradicate the virus. They can’t and won’t. But they do make crude case numbers a far less relevant indicator of how the pandemic is playing out.

Of the 92,000 Delta cases, 1320 people were admitted to hospital. Only 190 had been double vaccinated.

Note what it says: the vaccine's purpose is not to prevent the spread of the virus, it's purpose is to cut serious disease and death, and to make the number of infections far less relevant because the virus is causing a far lower rate of sickness, serious sickness and death.

The full article is here: https://www.theage.com.au/world/eur...country-getting-it-right-20210628-p5852n.html

So, can we get the bloody vaccination done now?

DS

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
The QLD presser is very good viewing.
Better than reality tv.
I recommend it to everyone.

Last edited:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Morrison & his Government need to go. This is a monumental stuff up. Nobody to blame for this except them.

He at least needs to be questioned where the advice to give AZ to under 60's came from. I assume there was no expert advice and this was done on a whim.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The QLD pressed is very good viewing.
Better than reality tv.
I recommend it to everyone.

Sounds bad for the Feds. Do you think Credlin OA and that other Murdoch reported will get the call from ScMo's fixers to redeploy to Brisbane immediately?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users