Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Someone asked earlier what’s the Covid hospitalisation rate in the USA relative to those unvaccinated.

It is 97%.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Bit of bad luck for SA after laughing at us when they got us into our previous lock up.

Last edited:

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
I remember the "Declare War On 1034" campaign. 1034 was the number of road deaths in Victoria in 1969, just think of that, the Pop. of Victoria was 2.5 to 3M & a road toll that high.
Now with a pop. nearly doubled it's down to approx. 300.
Remember it well. Of course it did climb ro 1061 rhe next year... :peepwall

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Macron not messing around. Soon you won't be aware to eat out at restaurants and cafes unless vaccinated amongst other initiatives.

No tolerance for anti-vax wankers over there.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
deleted double

I have no idea why I keep double posting. could my mouse be *smile* ed?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Macron not messing around. Soon you won't be aware to eat out at restaurants and cafes unless vaccinated amongst other initiatives.

No tolerance for anti-vax wankers over there.

I dont really understand.

if 80% of your population are vaccinated, and you decide to open up,

isnt the disincentive for the 20%, that they could die gasping for a breath, like a catfish in mangrove mud?

I dont get why anti-vaxxers aren't like smokers?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Because Anti-vaxxers don't deserve to be members of society.

But you have a point re smokers. We can treat the unvaxxed(by choice) the same. Smoking has been banned in most public spaces so the risk of second hand smoke related illness is non existent in bars and restaurants. Anti-vaxxers can be allowed into public places on the condition that they don't breathe.

Last edited:
  • Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Because Anti-vaxxers don't deserve to be members of society.

living in The Republic of Mullumbimby would be great,

but it'd be a dreary old country on the old dole day

Maybe they'de mark National Old Dole Day 26 times a year,

with 20,000 skinny people busking with Djembes?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
And we need empathy for vaccine uneducated people who are misled If we want to help change their minds before it is too late.

Good Point.

Theres an old Dutchman on the Gold Coast, Pastor Van Der Something,

who runs some 2 bob online Indigenous pentecostal Church with quite some reach into remote communities.

Its called something like, The Indigenous Christian Church, or something.

anyway, He's preaching anti-vaxxer *smile* to vulnerable old black fellas, who are buying it.

It really confounds me,

1. Why an old *smile* of a Dutchman would tell Black Fellas to not get vaccinated, and
2. Why they'de listen to an old white *smile* of a Dutchman preaching online from the Gold Coast.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Unfortunately , despite being linked, they reallly need to get it down under 10 new cases a day or we arent opening next Wednesday either.
thoughts?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I dont really understand.

if 80% of your population are vaccinated, and you decide to open up,

isnt the disincentive for the 20%, that they could die gasping for a breath, like a catfish in mangrove mud?

I dont get why anti-vaxxers aren't like smokers?
You can still get it when vaccinated. But if everyone is vaccinated then then the chances are minimalised. I like the idea that if you are not vacccinated, bad luck and you can't go anywhere.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Unfortunately , despite being linked, they reallly need to get it down under 10 new cases a day or we arent opening next Wednesday either.
thoughts?

Disagree, it doesn't matter how many cases there are, as long as they were all in isolation during the lockdown period then the risk to the community is tiny, if anything at all.

If they have several days of all cases being in isolation then I expect to re-open on Wednesday.

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
Disagree, it doesn't matter how many cases there are, as long as they were all in isolation during the lockdown period then the risk to the community is tiny, if anything at all.

If they have several days of all cases being in isolation then I expect to re-open on Wednesday.
Yep, if all cases are in iso, then we should be opening up.