Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Walked from the car to the presser without a mask. It's petty but rightly left himself vulnerable to criticism.
He's since apologised. Likely will cop a fine.
It’s petty agreed. But when you set the rules like he has must be held accountable otherwise more people will do what they like. Also the fact that he has done it 2 days in a row tell me it wasn’t a mistake.

Reactions: 1 user

Walked from the car to the presser without a mask. It's petty but rightly left himself vulnerable to criticism.
How the *smile* is it Petty???

Locked up, shut down for a year n a half, businesses going broke left right n centre. People haven't been able to go out n play golf in a massive open paddock, or tennis or most other sporting activities. Coppers harassing little old grannys sitting on a park bench. Demands that everyone wears a face nappy outside, n can't even take it off to drink alcohol at an outdoors picnic. Yet there's Dan strutting around the car park without one n then he shuffles around with the cameras on him at his press conferences showing everyone how he is all in this together by putting on his nappy after dribbling at everyone. *smile* hypocrite should've copped way more than a couple of *smile* ant $200 fines. Don't do as I do. Do as I *smile* tell ya.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

I think it might have been deliberate to make the point that everyone should be following the rules.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s petty agreed. But when you set the rules like he has must be held accountable otherwise more people will do what they like. Also the fact that he has done it 2 days in a row tell me it wasn’t a mistake.
Yeah I think it reinforces the notion some have that the government is restricting us simply because they enjoy controlling people.

It's almost like Dan has worries on his mind...

I think it might have been deliberate to make the point that everyone should be following the rules.
Deliberate? Or dear . Bloke is a complete imbecile!! And he is the Premier. Good luck living in Victoria in 2022 if he retains his position #Dansnext

• Dislike
Some interesting relative risk data for kids here (US). Really supports schools going back with 16+ double dose rates being high IMO. Risk will be the spread via kids to at risk people.

Schools are vector points. And yet the right wing media have been bitching their guts out about having schools open this entire pandemic. The whole time.

Only a couple of days ago that disgrace of a human being Rita Panahai put up another insane opinion piece in the HS claiming the school principal of the school in Fitzroy was “brave” for illegally operating classes. WTF ?? That reckless idiot caused a 60+ infection cluster that I think sent one or two people to hospital. And he’s “brave” ?? Are you **** serious?

Another example of right wing insanity polluting the community in a time of crisis.

Reactions: 3 users
Great news on vaccinations. On track to have a crowd on Melbourne Cup day.

Also our roadmap needs to be clearer heaps of events being cancelled in December and January were I live due to uncertainty around what we will be able to do in the future once we are 80% plus fully vaccinated. People need to be able to see what they can look forward to if they do the right thing and get vaccinated.

Deliberate? Or dear . Bloke is a complete imbecile!! And he is the Premier. Good luck living in Victoria in 2022 if he retains his position #Dansnext
:mhihi Lockdown Dan made a boo boo. Who knows... maybe he's showing off what 2022 might bring.

For the next episode of the Lamby vs Anty show

View attachment 13844

Yeah saw that yesterday, some great links in that article. 4 out of the 5 key observational studies often cited by Lamby's Ivermectin pushing mates used fraudulent data. Here's one - data repeating every 22 lines in the spreadsheet.

Here's the study that used the fraudulent data in the academic journal - still not retracted.

And before @lamb22 tries to claim this fraudulent study has been excluded from his meta-analyses - it hasn't.

That last example was fairly minor, but this is the big one. The last remaining significant randomised clinical trial that claimed significant benefit for a reduced mortality: it showed a staggering 70% reduction in mortality for covid patients using ivermectin over placebo. This is the well-known Niaee et al Iranian study much beloved by C19 Ivermectin fans. This was highly significant and counted for a lot of the supposed benefit in the @lamb22 oft cited meta-analyses -the quote below is from the medium article linked further down in this post.

Unlike some of the other studies covered in this multi-part investigation, the impact of this trial was not small. It was covered in the news, read by 10,000s, and made a HUGE difference to the scientific literature.

The Niaee et al study, still online here:

This article below explains why it's likely this study had major methodological problems, or much more likely, was never actually conducted at all. They made up the data. The authors of the study refused to reply to the data scientists - they did eventually supply some data to the BBC,who passed it on to the data scientists who conducted the analysis described below.

I quote:
Earlier this year, a number of very positive meta-analyses came out showing a massive benefit for ivermectin. Now, as I reported before, if you remove the likely fraudulent Elgazzar trial from these meta-analyses it almost entirely changes the result. However, once you’ve taken out Elgazzar, the entire mortality benefit rests on the Niaee et al study.

Full discussion of the dodgy data and evidence of fraud here;

This is the BBC article that mentions this study.

Watch @lamb22 come back and tell me "but I have 65 studies done by 655 scientists and you be disrespecting them". Yep, when they are exposed as frauds damn straight I disrespect them. I'm going to enjoy pointing that out when more of these trials are exposed as fraudulent and the real trials like Together and Principle continue to show no significant benefit. Buckle up @lamb22

Last pedantic point (for now) - @lamb22 is a big fan of Tess Lawrie. In the BBC article it notes:

When asked during an online panel what evidence might persuade her ivermectin didn't work she (Lawrie) replied: "Ivermectin works. There's nothing that will persuade me." She told the BBC: "The only issues with the evidence base are the relentless efforts to undermine it."

No self-respecting objective scientist ever says "there's nothing that will persuade me". It's an inherently unscientific position - science works only through falsifiability. For reasons of mental illness, desire to make a fast buck, social media adulation, love of notoriety or whatever, she's unreliable. She's bought into the mythology. She can't be convinced otherwise, even when more and more of these studies are being exposed as outright research fraud.

So why is this anto/lamby argumentative nonsense important? It's because people are literally dying because of this misinformation. The numbers who die directly from non-prescribed overdoses of Ivermectin are small, but the numbers that are dying because they don't trust medical science and/or are unwilling to get vaccinated are huge. Fortunately no-one here on PRE seems to buy into the Ivermectin BS enough to risk their health through non-vaccination or rejecting the standard Covid treatments, but hundreds of thousands in the US and other places are.

Enjoy your weekend @lamb22 and maybe bone up on some critical thinking and arguing from first principles. Boy, you are going to need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I live in City Of Yarra, (Richmond), 2nd lowest 1st dose LGA :confused:, (unlike @eZyT I am no "Byron Bay type lifestylist":))).

they could run a headline in the local rag

'Richmond type lifestylist, fully vaccinated'

• Haha
I live in City Of Yarra, (Richmond), 2nd lowest 1st dose LGA :confused:, (unlike @eZyT I am no "Byron Bay type lifestylist":))).

Yep the Greens party and the Greens led council need to create an awareness campaign for their voters.