Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Battling databases, COVId live has same date for Vic 12+ but a few weeks earlier for NSW. Being right is important but more important is how rapid the take up has been for the young age groups.

25 deaths. Bloody hell.
Hate to push the NSw button but in stark relief they have zero deaths today, first in two months. Loath to mention cases as anyone who does it on Age comments gets piled on by the faithful to say that is not the relevant statistic anymore and Melbournes "winter" is to blam (and Gladys and Perrotet for forcing Vic to do things it didn't want to do)

We just have to push on, no turning back, legislation in place to manage the pandemic into 2022. Novak out, Novavax in.

Reactions: 1 user
Hate to push the NSw button but in stark relief they have zero deaths today, first in two months. Loath to mention cases as anyone who does it on Age comments gets piled on by the faithful to say that is not the relevant statistic anymore and Melbournes "winter" is to blam (and Gladys and Perrotet for forcing Vic to do things it didn't want to do)

We just have to push on, no turning back, legislation in place to manage the pandemic into 2022. Novak out, Novavax in.

They've had 2 deaths.

25 deaths. Bloody hell.

bloody shocking, but i wonder if it has been an adjustment of figures over a period of time? Our hospitalisation and ICU numbers have been pretty steady for a while now. 746 in hospital is the lowest in 13 days. 137 in ICU is the lowest in 17 days. 25 deaths is a peculiar jump.

Reactions: 1 users
bloody shocking, but i wonder if it has been an adjustment of figures over a period of time? Our hospitalisation and ICU numbers have been pretty steady for a while now. 746 in hospital is the lowest in 13 days. 137 in ICU is the lowest in 17 days. 25 deaths is a peculiar jump.

Deaths are not a good indicator day by day particular with such small sample sizes. They'll jump around like this, you need the rolling 7 day averages. People on vents can hang on for weeks or drop off any time.

ICU/ventilated stats are more indicative.

Deaths are not a good indicator day by day particular with such small sample sizes. They'll jump around like this, you need the rolling 7 day averages. People on vents can hang on for weeks or drop off any time.

ICU/ventilated stats are more indicative.

Some of the NSW v VIC data is interesting.

NSW have had 68,766 cases and 508 deaths during the delta outbreak.
VIC have had 64,039 cases and 272 deaths during the delta outbreak.

NSW hospitalisations peaked at 1268, ICU numbers peaked at 242 and highest daily death rate is 15.
VIC hospitalisations peaked at 851 and ICU numbers peaked at 163 and highest daily death rate is 25 (previous highest 16).

So, 25 deaths in one day seems like a big anomaly. Which is why I am wondering if it’s a data adjustment…

NSW hospitalisations peaked at 1268, ICU numbers peaked at 242 and highest daily death rate is 15.
VIC hospitalisations peaked at 851 and ICU numbers peaked at 163 and highest daily death rate is 25 (previous highest 16).

So, 25 deaths in one day seems like a big anomaly. Which is why I am wondering if it’s a data adjustment…

could well be Ian.

Anyone explain the Thursday effect?
Last 5 Thursdays the jump in cases has been very significant... yet test numbers are very stable through the weekdays.
Maybe weekend contagion, symptoms, Tue, think about rest, no, Wed wake up better go now?

• Haha
FWIW.... 9 news on line site states...25 people recorded as dying yesterday....all of these people except for one, died in the three days preceding yesterday.
If this is accurate, it means one person died of covid yesterday and that 24 people have died additionally in the days Sunday, Monday and Tuesday but have only now been added to the record ( on Wednesday).

Reactions: 2 users
This is the COVID Base projection. It’s not entirely accurate because VIC is a few days ahead of these projections. But it does suggest we are gonna fly past NSW at some point in November.

View attachment 13968
How are we tracking in case numbers at the same stage of the most recent outbreaks?

They peaked 10th Sep at 1603. 7 day ave of 1414.

25th Aug - first day over 1000. 23rd Sep last day over 1000. Now under 300.

VIC peaked 13 Oct at 2293. 7 day ave 1785. We have been over 1000 cases since 27th Sep. So over a month so far with no end in sight.

Why? We've had more severe restrictions. I don't think it has much to do with behaviour, can only assume it is mostly weather related.

Or Dan is just a massive jonah.

Perhaps the VIC health system is better at treating covid?

How are we tracking in case numbers at the same stage of the most recent outbreaks?

They peaked 10th Sep at 1603. 7 day ave of 1414.

25th Aug - first day over 1000. 23rd Sep last day over 1000. Now under 300.

VIC peaked 13 Oct at 2293. 7 day ave 1785. We have been over 1000 cases since 27th Sep. So over a month so far with no end in sight.

Why? We've had more severe restrictions. I don't think it has much to do with behaviour, can only assume it is mostly weather related.

Or Dan is just a massive jonah.
I doubt weather has much to do with it despite assertions from various people, especially overseas.
Over 20% of people are not vaccinated still ie 1 in 5.
This is the reason. So in Melbourne around one million people are not adequately vaccinated.
And of these, half a million will not get vaccinated.
If you think about it, 2,000 cases a day amongst 1 million is not surprising.
Covid will go through the whole community eventually.
Why we are much worse than NSW is interesting.
I think Gladys identified and targeted the unvaccinated base in the West, copping much criticism , but she was spot on and as a result case numbers have fallen.
In Victoria we were slow to acknowledge the source of trouble for political reasons and it has been hard to get control back.
Just my observations. Happy to accept alternate views.

Human nature is an ass most of the time.

mRNA vaccines are physically very fragile - they break down very quickly in the body (or anywhere) and hence some must be stored at minus 50c. They give your cells the instructions how to make the spike protein of the virus - bear in mind our cells manufacture complex proteins all the time. The immune system detects the spikes and launches a response, the spike proteins are eliminated and the cells stop making the spike protein after a few days or a week (from what I've read).

The only thing that remains is your immune system's "memory" of that protein so it can act quickly next time it encounters it.

Research? We've had about 4 billion people take these vaccines so far and the short term effects are very well understood. Long term effects? I'm not a scientist, but based on how they work, leaving nothing in the body but a dormant immune response it's hard to see how any long term effect would manifest.
Champagne posting 'man of ants.' Has any vaccine had such an enormous number of 'test' samples to check for side effects in the history of vaccines ? It is an astonishing success given the time frame. Like landing a man on the moon!

Wonder if anyone can provide a list of vaccines that've had horrible long term side effects and how long those offending vaccines were in use?

Reactions: 2 users
I doubt weather has much to do with it despite assertions from various people, especially overseas.
This is the reason. So in Melbourne around one million people are not adequately vaccinated.
I think Gladys identified and targeted the unvaccinated base in the West, copping much criticism , but she was spot on and as a result case numbers have fallen.
In Victoria we were slow to acknowledge the source of trouble for political reasons and it has been hard to get control back.
Enjoying your input here p&t! Keep it going...

Perhaps the VIC health system is better at treating covid?
We have higher vaccination rates at the same time. My best guess is many have been partially vaccinated and overall younger people in the stats.

Yeah, but they have targetted vaccinations in the problem areas and I recall a couple of weeks ago that vaccination rates in Hume were going up quickly.

It sure is a mystery why our numbers aren't going down and also a mystery as to why NSW numbers aren't rising.

We have had more AZ vaccination in Victoria which would contribute to issues as the waiting period between shots is a lot longer. Apart from that it is bloody hard to work this out.

DS

Interesting that when pressed for a breakdown of the 25 deaths into vaxxed/unvaxxed, deputy CHO Ben Cowie said the data was available but “we’re not going to be reporting on that”.

It's fair enough that they might be concerned about misinterpretation of the numbers, but this is where they need to patiently explain what we're seeing. Refusing to disclose such simple figures creates the impression they have something to hide.

Transparency please, for better or worse.

Reactions: 5 users
Have stayed out of treatment discussions but did anyone see the story on 9 about treatments being used at Monash? Only 6 per day at moment but the Doctor Professor was looking to scale up to 50. Thought I had committed the drug name to memory buts it's gone now..began with S had a b v and o in it.