Cotchin and Riewoldt | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cotchin and Riewoldt

Surely the new coach gets a say on their list. Surely?

If the process is underway, one of their presentations should be a list management strategy, including what to do with these Legends.

Reactions: 1 users
The only reason I can live with Jack going again is because we have failed to recruit his replacement. Van Rooter would have been good but we took a half back flanker instead. We could have selected Brandon Ryan in the mid season draft. Again we selected a half back flanker instead. Ryan will be a gun mark my word. His father is a friend on mine. A family of late developers. The whole family are gun footballers. I have nothing against the players we selected but we desperately needed a decent key forward. Unfortunately I think we might have a few half bank flankers in our recruitment team lately.

We needed a key forward for sure, but we also need pace. Badly. Coulthard provides that, plus some other attributes we needed i.e. footskills, aerobic capacity, one-touch etc. His ceiling is untouched as well. Has the scope to be an A grader.

Tough to hang it on the club for that selection.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree that Jack of the two could go again. For need as well as the fact that he usually finds a way to contribute. If Lynch can't get up we are *smile*, unless we have a KPF FA in the wings

The only reason I can live with Jack going again is because we have failed to recruit his replacement. Van Rooter would have been good but we took a half back flanker instead. We could have selected Brandon Ryan in the mid season draft. Again we selected a half back flanker instead. Ryan will be a gun mark my word. His father is a friend on mine. A family of late developers. The whole family are gun footballers. I have nothing against the players we selected but we desperately needed a decent key forward. Unfortunately I think we might have a few half bank flankers in our recruitment team lately.
Agree, That’s the only possible reason JR decides to go again is the young Forwards in the twos need another year of development given we are allergic to drafting KPF

Told the club after the game he is retiring Jack R

Agree, That’s the only possible reason JR decides to go again is the young Forwards in the twos need another year of development given we are allergic to drafting KPF
I have been very much in the Jack should go on if he wants to camp, but after the weekend, although he was okay early, I’ve come around to the point of thinking what’s the point? We get beaten by 10 goals instead of 5? He has to pull the pin at some point. Whether it’s this season or next, and we still aren’t going to have anything good in the KPF basket, so bite the bullet now, take the floggings and build for the next run at success.

Two of our absolute stars of the modern era are leaving the stage together at the MCG. What could be more fitting? If only I could be there but not possible. Still, I have my Watch AFL so all is not lost

I’m probably in the minority but I’m not really sentimental about this stuff. Champion players both, but beyond the certainty that they made us a great team I don’t really care. I just want us competing again.

TBH all the hoo-ha around this week’s game is a bit of a chore.

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I’m probably in the minority but I’m not really sentimental about this stuff. Champion players both, but beyond the certainty that they made us a great team I don’t really care. I just want us competing again.

Who knows, the umps might be feeling a bit sentimental and look after Jack for a change.

Then again they might see it as their last chance to really screw him over.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Sad Doctor Who GIF

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Minority of 1 i reckon.
Maybe after we don’t reach the heights for another 30 years you will understand the significance of these 2 and why Saturday is important?

Reactions: 6 users
Minority of 1 i reckon.
Maybe after we don’t reach the heights for another 30 years you will understand the significance of these 2 and why Saturday is important?

I appreciate them both, I just don’t need all the sentimental hoo-ha

I do get it, Carts. In Richmond’s entire history we’ve had 6 players reach the 300 game milestone. These are 2 of them. They’ve played in Premierships and won personal glory (Cotchin Brownlow, Jack Colemans) and in Trent’s case possibly the best captain we’ve ever had. This is as much for us the fans as it is for the players. It’s been a bad year, and we’re more than likely headed for a few more bad ones. We need occasions like this with all the hoo ha around them to keep the spirits high and be proud of the club and players and what they’ve achieved.

Reactions: 16 users
I have no problem celebrating player's/coach's career at the club and being sentimental (there is a time for this). However, if we have a season of such and fail to plan properly for the future and continue to live in past glory, I have a big problem with. From next round onwards it's all about the future, time to move on.

Reactions: 1 users

I'm kinda with you Carter. I don't mind the send off, but the videos of speeches, the excessive promotion. It looks a bit over the top, almost desperate.
I'd much rather just get on with rebuilding the club. I'd rather be playing kids than putting Pickett back out there again for example.