Coughlan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coughlan

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
I didnt get home in time to watch the replay, can anyone give me an idea of what Cougs said in his interview??

Also, does anyone have a tape of On The Couch, which apparently featured our midfield warrior last night

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
DF - the game will be replayed again on Thursday night at 8.00pm Ch. 14 FFXtra - that's Richmond's designated time. Or you can watch it on Friday - cos that's the Saints' designated time.

The most important thing Cogs said was he "proud to be playing for Richmond" and he meant it I reckon.

As for "on the Couch" I think that gets replayed too. I'll try and find out when.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Details of the "On the Couch" repeats.

Today 22/4/03 at 5.30pm Channel 15

It also repeated a couple of times tomorrow (23/4). Including 3.30pm tomorrow arvo on Channel 15.

Hope that helps DF

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Cougs interview with Christi Malthouse

CM: Well mark you ran a marathon today, you kicked 2 goals, you certainly gave it your all.

MC: Yeah we really wanted to make it 3 in a row, it was a tough slog, we knew they'd come back at us in the second half and it was just good to get through it.

CM: Happy with your own game?

MC: Yeah not too bad, struggled a bit towards the end but that's the way it is.

CM: The last couple of games you have been pretty outstanding have you felt that your confidence and performance have lifted this season?

MC: Yeah, look Danny's just given me a fair run on the ball and I just love playing for richmond and that's all I can really say.

Then she asked him bout how saint kilda fought back and cogs just mentioned milne, riewoldt and the rest and how they knew it'd be tough against them.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
This kid is unbeleivable. I had my doubts about him whether he would go on from last years form and I had my doubts whether we should have traded Jason Cloke instead. Not anymore. This kid is the real deal.

I haven't seen any tiger put his body on the line like Cogs probably since tony free. He constantly wins the hard ball.

I was watching him yesterday in a few passages of play and you could see he was going to get hands on the ball all the time. Its his reading of the play thats outstanding aswell.

A few things i've noticed however which I would like to see him improve on.

His kicking at times lets him down as he seems to lob and float his kicks. I'd like to see him get some more penetration in his kicks. Perhaps some one on one lessons with Tivendale.

His running. IMO he is pretty quick and he shows his speed when he is chasing the ball and oppononts. However its his running and urgency when he has the ball in his hands that concerns me. It seems that he goes down a gear and jogs instead of bursting and sprinting forward with it. Like what Voss would do.

If he can improve these 2 aspects in his game I have no doubt he can win a brownlow.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Thats a good summary of Cogs, Harry.

I agree that his skills by foot are his weakness at the moment. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with his kicking action like a DK or Richo its just that he floats them a bit and other times his kicks don't hit there mark as often as they should.

Still he has had a reasonable start to the year but lets not get carried away. Coughlan is only in his third year and still has a long way to go.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Certainly very Freezer like in his attck on the ball in close quaters. That's another reason I like Rodant as well.

Did every one catch that run of his in the last quarter, ghosts of knighter huh, only thing missing was that stafford did'nt mark it in the end.

Heard Stewie say that they are trying to get Richo into some Ruch work so as to give Staff and Razor a break at times

Lets Roar

Khan